To apply for a replacement driver license, commercial driver license, or ID card at your local driver license office, you must: Complete the application before arriving. (This form is also available at all driver license offices.) Make an appointment at your local driver license office.
How do I replace my lost drivers license?
How to replace a lost driver’s license
- Step 1: Secure an Affidavit of Loss.
- Step 2: Go to the nearest Regional LTO Branch.
- Step 3: Get and submit the forms.
- Step 4: Pay at the cashier.
- Step 5: Get your license card.
How long does it take to replace lost driving license?
Remember it can take a week to receive a replacement driving licence if you apply online and up to three weeks if you apply via postal application.
How do I get a replacement ID in Nevada?
You can go through the Nevada DMW website and request the ID there. You can also go in person and request a replacement at a DMV kiosk or at the DMW office.
How do I get an affidavit of lost license?
Here are the steps on how to get affidavit of loss for driver’s license:
- With a government ID at hand, such as SSS, TIN, or PhilHealth, proceed to a licensed notary public office.
- Request for an affidavit of loss detailing when the driver’s license was lost as well as how it was lost.
What documents are needed to replace a lost driver’s license in Illinois?
You will need identification that shows:
- Written signature (such as government ID, passport, Social Security card)
- Date of birth (such as birth certificate)
- Social Security number (Social Security card)
- Residency (such as bank statement, insurance policy)
Is Nevada DMV taking walk ins?
We are serving only customers with appointments for most transactions at our offices in Carson City, Henderson, Las Vegas and Reno. Walk-in services are limited to general information and document review, kiosks, movement permits, plate surrenders and VIN inspections.
Can I get a duplicate ID at a kiosk?
If your Maryland Driver’s license was lost or stolen, you may obtain a duplicate license online or at a Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA) Kiosk. To apply online or at a MVA Kiosk, you will need your Driver’s License number, Date of Birth, and the last four digits of your Social Security number or your MVA PIN number.
What do you do if you lose your driver’s license in California?
If your DL is lost, stolen, or damaged, you must go to a DMV field office, complete the DL 44/eDL 44 form (the eDL44 can be completed online in advance), and pay a fee for the replacement. You should also present a photo ID. If DMV cannot confirm your identity, you will not be issued a temporary DL.
How long does it take to get a replacement drivers license in California?
What to expect: You should receive your new DL card in the mail within two to four weeks. If you have not received your DL card after 60 days, call 1-800-777-0133 to check the status.
Can you get a replacement CA drivers license same day?
Same-Day Driver’s Licenses in California If you have already have a driver’s license from another state, you should be able to get your California license in one day. As long as you have your old license with you, you should be able to complete the following in one visit to the DMV: Present all identification.
Replace your Driver’s License or ID Card
Complete a new driver’s license and identification card application. To apply for a replacement driver’s license, identification card, or commercial driver’s license, fill out our online DL/ID application. For anyone interested in converting to a REAL ID driver’s license or commercial driver’s license (CDL), the option to do so will be available to them in the application. Minors who are applying for a replacement driver’s license must have their parents or guardians sign the application. If you decide to take advantage of this chance to convert to a REAL ID for the first time, you will be needed to present the following documents: 1.) proof of identification, 2.) social security number (SSN), and 3.) two proofs of California residency.
If your replacement will not be a REAL ID, you will not be required to submit any supporting documentation.
When you visit a field office, your replacement request will not be considered complete.
Depending on the location, wait times are frequently shorter than you would expect!
If you are applying for a REAL ID for the first time, make sure to bring your supporting documentation with you.
In the event that you apply for an ID card, you will be sent with a receipt as verification of your submission.
If you have not yet received your driver’s license and/or identification card, call 1-800-777-0133 to inquire about the status of your application.
How to replace a license or permit
If you lose your license or permit (including business, REAL ID, or Enhanced), you can get a new one.
- It was misplaced, stolen, or destroyed
- You changed your mailing address
- You will be 21 in a few months: If you replace your license more than 40 days before your 21st birthday, your license will still have the words “UNDER 21” displayed on it. If you renew your license less than 40 days before your 21st birthday, your license will not have the words “UNDER 21” printed on it.
Please keep in mind that if you replace your document, you will be charged a replacement fee.
- You will not be required to take a vision (eye) exam, and your expiration date and ID number will remain unchanged.
Ways to replace
When replacing your Standard ID, you can choose whether to upgrade to an enhanced or REAL ID, or whether to preserve your Standard ID. Your document type will remain the same for the time being. Online replacement is available.
It is possible to replace your Standard ID by mail if you already have an enhanced or REAL ID or choose to preserve your Standard ID. Your document type will remain the same for the time being.
Fill out anApplication for Permit, Driver License, or Non-Driver ID Card (PDF) and submit it to the DMV (MV-44) It should be returned with the following information: (if you do not know your DMV ID number, put your date of birth and name as it was on your previous document)
- Photocopies of valid identification documentation
- Payment of $17.50 (by check or money order made payable to “Commissioner of Motor Vehicles”)
To send a letter, send it to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles at 207 Genesee Street, Suite 6Utica, NY 13501-2874.
At an office and get an Enhanced or REAL ID
Beginning in May 2023, you will be required to provide an Enhanced or REAL ID in order to board a domestic aircraft (unless you have a passport). Obtain an Enhanced or REAL ID card. It is not necessary to get an Enhanced or REAL ID. To have a Standard document type replaced, you must go to a DMV office.
- Your current ‘Standard’ New York State driver’s license (unless you’ve misplaced it)
- Your social security number
- Fill out and submit theApplication for Permit, Driver License, or Non-Driver ID Card (PDF)(MV-44)
- Payment is accepted in the form of a credit/debit card, a cheque or money order made payable to the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles
(Unless you have lost your present New York State license); your current ‘Standard’ New York State driver’s license application for a permit, driver license, or non-driver identification card (PDF) (MV-44); Payment is accepted in the form of a credit/debit card, a check, or a money order made payable to the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles
Fees and payment
The price is $17.50 per person. In the case of applications submitted over the mail or in person at a DMV office, you can pay with a credit/debit card, as well as a check or money order made payable to the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles. To submit an online application, you must use a credit or debit card. The following are acceptable to the DMV:
- Cards accepted by the company include the American Express® Card, Discover Card®/Novus®, MasterCard®, MasterCard® Debit card without a personal identification number (PIN), VISA® Card, Visa Debit Card without a personal identification number (PIN), and VISA Debit Card with a personal identification number (PIN).
You must obtain form MV-78B from a law enforcement agency in order to receive a free replacement for a driver license or learner permit that has been stolen or lost as a result of a crime. This form is only accessible through police departments, not from the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Address and mailing information
We will send the papers to the address that we have on file at the time of the order being placed. If you have relocated, you must first update your mailing address before ordering a replacement. Please keep in mind that your mailing and home addresses may be different. If you have a regular license, your postal address will be displayed on the license. If you have a REAL ID or an Enhanced license, your residence address will be displayed on the card. More information on the various licensing kinds may be found here.
We will mail you your document
Your new license will be sent within 10 business days of ordering it. You may check the progress of your mailing online. If it has been more than 2 weeks since you renewed your membership, please contact us for assistance. Please supply us with the postal address that is presently on file, or an alternate mailing address if one is provided. See How to Verify or Modify Your Address for information on how to verify or change your address.
We expect to receive your new license in about 10 business days. On the internet, you can track the progress of your letter. If it has been more than 2 weeks since you renewed your membership, please contact us for further instructions. Please give us with the postal address that we have on file, or an alternate address if you prefer. See How to Verify or Change Your Address for instructions on how to do so online.
It is possible to have the term “Veteran” placed in the upper left corner of your picture document if you are a qualified former member of the United States military who was honorably discharged.
Learn how to obtain the veteran designation on your driver’s license. We appreciate your service and ask that you go to our military resources for further information on renewing your service if you are currently serving in the military.
Change my name or make other changes
You will need to visit a DMV office if you want to modify your name or any other non-address information (photo, height, or to add or remove corrective glasses). See how to make changes to your name or other personal data. See the DMV’s location, procedures, and reservation information by clicking on the link below.
How to replace if you are out of the country
When traveling outside of the country, you must replace your driver’s license through the mail. Please input your information.
- A completedApplication for Permit, Driver License, or Non-Driver ID Card (PDF)(MV-44)
- Payment of $17.50
- And a completedApplication for Non-Driver ID Card (PDF)(MV-44).
In addition, we urge that you include a pre-addressed priority mail return envelope with your application as an added precaution (this will help ensure that we send your license to the correct address).
Temporary visitors and international students who have a REAL ID
You can replace your driver’s license online, in the mail, or in person as long as the Temporary Visitor status that the DMV has on file has not been cancelled or expired. Upon receiving notification from the Immigration and Naturalization Service that your Temporary Visitor status has been extended, you must visit a DMV office with your updated papers (INS). We will make the necessary changes to our records to reflect that your Temporary Visitor status has been extended, allowing you to replace your driver’s license.
Renew or Replace Your Florida Driver License or ID Card
You can replace your driver’s license online, via mail, or in person as long as the Temporary Visitor status that the DMV has on file has not expired. It is necessary to visit a DMV office with your updated documentation from the Immigration and Naturalization Service if your Temporary Visitor status has been extended (INS). If your Temporary Visitor status has been extended, we will update our records to reflect this so that you can obtain a new driver’s license. Your new temporary visitor expiration date will be printed on your new license.
- Those who have moved or married must update their address on their driver license or ID card within thirty days of the move or marriage, and they must present an original or certified court order of marriage certificate when applying to change the names on their driver license or ID card. Those who have changed their name must first update their name with the Social Security Administration before updating their name on the credential
- And those who have changed their name must present an original or certified court order of marriage certificate when applying to change the names on their driver license or ID card. If a driver’s license or identification card is misplaced or stolen
- It is possible for a client to add or edit a designation or other information that is already shown on the credential. Important: Clients who hold Class E driver licenses that have been expired for more than one year will be required to take and pass the Class E knowledge and vision exams before they may get a valid Class E driver license starting of February 15, 2021. It is possible to finish the Class E knowledge exam up to one year before applying for a Class E driver license in some states. The completion of the Class E knowledge exam and the application for a Class E driving license must be completed within one year of each other, otherwise the knowledge exam must be retaken prior to the issue of the driver license.
Please see ourfees page for a list of the costs associated with renewing or replacing a credential. Our driver license page has further details on the process of acquiring a Floridian driving permit.
At GoRenew.com, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) provides a simple and convenient option to renew your driving license or identification card. GoRenew is able to provide the following services for driver’s license renewal:
- Every alternate renewal season, the state of Florida provides clients with an online convenience renewal service. Check out GoRenew.com to check whether you are qualified for a renewal
- Change the address listed on your driver’s license or identification card
- Replace a credential that has been lost or stolen
A customer’s Social Security number must be verified before a credential may be renewed or replaced online, according to the Department of Transportation. If the department is unable to verify the information, the consumer must contact the Social Security Administration for assistance. Please see ourfees page for a list of the costs associated with renewing or replacing a credential. Customers who renew their credentials with GoRenew.com will get their credentials in the mail within 7-10 business days after completing their purchase.
After completing the transaction, customers will get an email confirmation receipt. Customers must select ‘yes’ on the payment confirmation page, enter their email address, and then click ‘Send Email Confirmation’ in order for the information to be delivered to them.
Renew in Office
Customers can renew or replace their driver’s license or identification card at any of the state’s driver licensing service centers. Please see our Locations page for a complete list of our locations. Customers are required to come into an office:
- If a consumer took use of the online convenience option when renewing their subscription
- If a client does not have a REAL ID, the following may occur: If a consumer wants to change their photo, they may do so here. It is acceptable if the consumer is utilizing an authentic or certified court order or marriage certificate to change their name. If a client chooses to add or remove a designation, or if a court order requires them to change their credential, they should contact us. If a consumer is applying for his or her first Florida driver’s license or identification card, If the consumer has a commercial driver’s license, the following conditions apply: If the license has the term “TEMPORARY” written on it, it is considered temporary.
Please see our What to Bring page for more information on what to bring when renewing or replacing a credential.
How to Replace your Driver License, Commercial Driver License or ID Card
The Online Card Replacementfeature may be used if you need to receive a replacement without changing any of the information on the front of the card. You must have the following information to utilize the feature, however:
- The number on your driver’s license or identity card
- Your date of birth
- Your gender
- Those final four digits of your social security number, as well as the audit number on your most recently issued identification card
You will be needed to provide extra verification information if you do not have the audit number from your most recently issued card and wish to utilize theOnline Card Replacementfeature. This additional verification information comprises the following:
- Your first and last names as they appear on your most current driver’s license or identification card
- Your current mailing address as it appears on your most recent driver’s license or identification card, as well as
- Providing answers to four distinct security questions
Name and surname as they appear on your most current driver’s license or identification card; In addition, please include your current mailing address as it appears on your most recent driver’s license or identification card, and four distinct security questions must be answered.
- Complete the application before to your arrival. In addition, all driver licensing offices have this paperwork on hand.) Make an appointment with the driving licensing office in your area. The following paperwork should be provided to the licensing and permit specialist:
- Replacement of the application, as well as identification (just one primary, secondary, or supporting document is necessary)
- The following paperwork will also be required if you have not already submitted it:
- Citizenship in the United States alternatively, if you are not a citizen of the United States, proof of authorized residence in the country, as well as your Social Security number
- Please submit your thumbprint. Take a photograph of yourself
- Make payment for the application cost.
* You can find your audit number on your driver’s license or identity card by looking at it like this:
Report Stolen Cards
It is necessary to register a police complaint if your driver’s license or identity card has been stolen and is being used by someone else. To replace your stolen card, complete the steps outlined in the replacing your card section of this guide and bring a copy of your police report along with you. When the driver license office officials analyze your case, they will assess whether or not it is required to issue a new number to you. For additional information on preventing and combating identity theft, please see the website of the Texas Attorney General.
For further information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions on Lost or Stolen Driver’s Licenses and Identification Cards.
Official NCDMV: Replacement & Duplicate License
Before You Start, Consider the Following: You may complete several services in a single safe transaction with the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles, which makes use of an online service called PayIt. PayIt charges a $3 fee every online transaction, which it leverages to offer higher-quality services more effectively while incurring no upfront fees for the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles. The State of North Carolina does not collect or get any benefit from the transaction fee in any way.
Ready to Get a Replacement/Duplicate License or ID?
Individuals who meet the following criteria can purchase a replacement or duplicate driver license or identification card online or at a North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles driver licensing office:
- Their driver’s license has been misplaced or stolen
- Their license has been destroyed or rendered illegible. Their physical location has changed
- Their name has changed (just for the driver’s license office)
Make an Appointment
By scheduling an appointment online, you may avoid the long lines at driver licensing offices.
If you are unable to locate a suitable appointment time, please keep checking back as new open appointments are posted on a daily basis to the system.
The person ordering a duplicate driver license or ID card online must have a valid license (with the “active” status) or valid ID card, as well as a photo on file with the NCDMV that is no more than five years old, in order to be eligible. Individuals who fulfill any of the following requirements must contact a driver license office of the North Carolina Department of Transportation:
- Has a suspended license or an outstanding debt with the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles
- A duplicate commercial driver’s license with a P or S endorsement is being sought by the applicant. Has a paperwork from the United States government proving lawful presence
- Interested in obtaining a North Carolina REAL ID license
An individual has 60 days to inform the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles of a name change and to obtain a duplicate driving license that reflects their new name. Learn more about renaming your vehicle with the NCDMV.
Replace Your Driver’s License
It takes 60 days for an individual to inform the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles of a change of name and to obtain a duplicate driving license with their new name on it. Find out information about renaming your vehicle with the NC DMV.
Complete FormDL-80(PDF), “Non-Commercial Driver’s License Application to Change, Correct, or Replace,” and submit it to the DMV. Step 2: Make a check or money order payable to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation for the appropriate charge. The application and a cheque or money order should be mailed to PennDOT, PO Box 68272, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17106-8272. Step 4:If your photograph is already on file, you will be issued a duplicate Non-Commercial Driver’s License that will include your current photo as well.
If you receive a camera card, you will need to go to a photo facility to have a photo taken for your Non-Commercial Driver’s License photo taken.
To get a duplicate Non-Commercial Driver’s license, you must complete theDL-80(PDF) form and submit it to an Online Messenger Service or a Driver License Center.
In this way, you will be able to keep a genuine product in your possession until PennDOT completes the duplicate order processing.
Replacing Your Commercial Driver’s License
It is possible to get a duplicate Commercial Driver’s License in Pennsylvania if the original product has been lost, stolen, disfigured, or was never received. Remember that if you have outstanding sanctions in another state(s), PennDOT will not be able to provide you a driver’s license product in that state. You may also check out the National Driver Register Fact Sheet for additional details! (PDF). For duplicate commercial driver’s licenses, there are no online services accessible.
Complete FormDL-80CD(PDF), “Application for Change, Correction, or Replacement of Commercial Driver’s License,” and submit it to the Department of Transportation. Step 2: Make a check or money order payable to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation for the appropriate charge. The application and a cheque or money order should be mailed to PennDOT, PO Box 68272, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17106-8272. Step 4:If your photograph is already on file, you will be issued a duplicate Commercial Driver’s License that will include your current photo.
If you acquire a camera card, you must go to a photo facility to obtain a duplicate Commercial Driver’s License, unless you have a special exception.
When an individual’s photo is taken for the purpose of renewing their driver’s license or identity card, PennDOT employs state-of-the-art facial recognition technology. Step 5: You may go to a Driver License Center and submit theDL-80CD(PDF) form to obtain a duplicate license.
Replace your driver’s license
Login links are available on this page.
Registry of Motor Vehicles
The quickest and most convenient method to order a replacement is to do it online. You will be required to give the following information:
- Name, date of birth, and place of birth Your ID number or the last four digits of your Social Security Number are required. Payment information
- Email address
Fees for Replace your driver’s license
|Driver’s License Replacement Fee||$25||each|
How to replace Replace your driver’s license
The internet is the quickest and most convenient method of replacing your driver’s license. You will require the following items:
- Last name
- The last four digits of your social security number or the number on your driver’s license
- Email address
- Fees that may be charged
To seek a replacement driver’s license, you can contact the RMV’s Contact Center via phone. Call (857) 368-8000 for more information. From area codes 339, 617, 781, and 857, or from outside of Massachusetts, call (800) 858-3926 (toll-free). All other Massachusetts area codes are dialed Call (877) 768-8833 if you use a TTY. For those who are deaf or hard of hearing (in Massachusetts), you will need to provide the following information:
- Both the first and last names
- Date of birth
- A brief biography Those last four digits of your Social Security number Fees that are applicable
At this moment, replacement licenses are not available at RMV Service Centers, according to the RMV. If you are a member of AAA, you may, however, make a reservation to get your driver’s license replaced at one of their locations. To arrange an appointment, go to www.aaa.com/appointments.
More info for Replace your driver’s license
Your driver’s license can be renewed instead of being replaced in the event that it expires in less than a year from the date of purchase. After buying a duplicate license, you will not be able to cancel or return it.
Contact for Replace your driver’s license
For $20, you can replace a driver’s license or instruction permit that has been lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- You should receive your replacement within 2-4 weeks. Please phone 360.902.3900 (TTY: call711) if you have not received it within 30 days
- We will mail it to the address that we have on file for you. If it has to be changed, the first step is to update your address. Licenses and ID cards cannot be sent to a different address
- The license or ID card you get will have the same horizontal or vertical format and photo as the one you’re replacing
- We will, however, replace your vertical card with a horizontal format if you are over 21 and have a vertical card.
- We will, however, replace your vertical card with a horizontal card if you are over the age of 21.
You have options:
- Replace online without the need to create an account. If you are unable to recall the number on your card, select this option. If you already have an account with replace online, sign in with it.
If any of the following apply, you will be unable to obtain a replacement online:
- It will expire in three months, so please renew it instead. Your driver’s license or permit is no longer valid
- You’ve relocated out of state. You have changed your name from the one that is displayed on your driver’s license. Your record indicates that you have one or more of the following characteristics:
- Suspended or revoked license due to nonpayment of traffic penalties or unpaid reissuance fee. Suspended, revoked, or cancelled license due to nonpayment of traffic fines or nonpayment of reissuance fee.
|Pay with your:||For online services||For licensing office|
|CheckMake checks payable “Department of Licensing”||Yes||Yes|
|Visa– credit/debit||Yes *||Yes – at most offices **|
|MasterCard– credit/debit||Yes *||Yes – at most offices **|
|American Express– credit/debit||Yes *||Yes – at most offices **|
|Discover– credit/debit||No||Yes – at most offices **|
When you make an online payment with a credit or debit card, we will charge you a 3 percent fee beginning January 1, 2020. You can also pay online using your bank account details without incurring any additional fees. * Some of our offices take credit and debit cards, while others do not. There is a fee charged by our card payment vendor.
- When you make an online payment with a credit or debit card, we will charge you a 3 percent fee starting January 1, 2020. For no additional charge, you can also pay with your bank account details online. * At certain of our locations, we take credit and debit cards. A fee is charged by our card payment vendor.
- If your transaction total is $75 or less, you will be charged $2.25
- If your transaction total is more than $75, you will be charged 3 percent of your transaction total.
Other options to replace your card:
- Visiting a driver license office is strictly by appointment only. Change of address form for the State of Washington Driver License/ID Card mailed to us
- We will not issue a confirmation.
Your temporary will not feature your photo and will not be able to be used for identifying purposes.
- Replace a misplaced EDL/EID
- Replace a misplaced ID card Obtaining a new driver’s license
- Fraud or crimes involving one’s identity
- Visits to the office should include the following suggestions: Offices for driver’s licenses
Questions? Need help?
Please contact us at 360.902.3900. (TTY: Call711)
SOS – Replacing/Correcting
For further information, please call 360.902.3900. (TTY: Call711)
Lost/Stolen Driver License, Permit or ID Card
The Department of Motor Vehicles may be able to provide you with a duplicate driving license if your identity card or instruction permit (often referred to as credentials) was lost, stolen, or destroyed. In the event that you do not get your credentials in the mail and you come into a state Driver License Office between 30 and 90 days following the date on which the credentials were issued, you may be able to acquire a duplicate credential at no cost. If you need to know where your driver’s license or identification card is, go to myDMV.Colorado.gov and use the “Where is my driving license/ID?” feature.
You will need to go to a driving license office in order to obtain a copy of your credential if it has been lost, stolen, or destroyed.
When arranging your appointment, be sure you pick the Renew Colorado License/Identification card appointment type from the drop-down menu.
The Division of Motor Vehicles at the Colorado Department of Revenue can provide you with a duplicate DR 2989 form if you are out of state and a U.S.
Please send the form along with your out-of-state mailing address to:COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF REVENUEDivision of Motor VehiclesP.O. Box 173345Denver, CO 80217-3345 If you feel your driver’s license or identification card has been stolen, please review the following information.
Replace a lost or stolen license, id or permit
Obtaining a new license can be done online, by using the DDS 2 GO App, or in person if you have misplaced, stolen, or damaged your driver’s license, identification card, or permit. If you have at least 150 days left on your driver’s license and/or identification card, you can get it changed for $5.00. It is mandatory to renew your license and pay the renewal cost if your license expires in fewer than 150 days from the day it was issued. Please allow up to 30 days for the delivery of your new or replacement driver’s license.
Replace online or download the DDS 2 Go Mobile App
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must only possess an ordinary, non-commercial driver’s license, identification card, or permit. If your license has been suspended, cancelled, or revoked, the only thing you can do is change your ID card or Limited Permit
- Otherwise, you have no options. You must be a legal resident of Georgia
- You must be a citizen of the United States
- You must have a Real ID document like your current license, identification card, or permit. (A gold or black star should be printed in the upper right-hand corner of the page.)
Sign in or register for an online account.
Login or Create Online Account
We ask that you bring the following items to one of our Customer Service Centers if you wish to do so:one (1)ORIGINAL OR CERTIFIED DOCUMENT from CATEGORY A. (There will be no copies or faxes.) A total of two (2) DOCUMENTS from CATEGORY B Please keep in mind that the name on your document must match the name on your driver’s license, and that all documents must be in English. License replacement paperwork that must be submitted
- Category A – (1 document) – the document must be an original or certified copy.
- Valid U.S. Passport or Passport Card (if expired, it must be less than 10 years old)
- US Birth Certificate, Amended or Delayed Birth Certificate – Original or certified copy
- Valid U.S. Passport or Passport Card (if expired, it must be less than 10 years old) (Includes U.S. territories and the District of Columbia). Observation – A birth certificate, or “Keepsake” birth certificate, that can be confirmed by the Georgia Department of Public Health’s Vital Records system, may be recognized as proof of citizenship. If you are presently enrolled, a photocopy from any state may be accepted. Consular Report of Birth in a Foreign Country. Form FS-240, DS-1350, or FS-545
- Expired Georgia driver’s license, permit, or identity card
- Expired Georgia interim
- Expired Georgia driver’s license, permit, or identification card Permanent Resident Card that is valid and has not expired. Form I-551
- Employment Authorization Document that is valid and has not expired (EAD). Application for asylum in the United States (Form I-766 or Form I-688B)
- Valid, valid Foreign Passport with U.S. visa affixed, accompanied by the approved I-94 form showing the applicant’s most recent admission into the United States
- Form N-550 or N-570, Certificate of Naturalization
- Form N-560 or N-561, Certificate of Citizenship
- N-550 or N-570, Certificate of Naturalization
- N-560 or N-561, Certificate of Citizenship
- N-560 or N-561
- Category B – (2 papers) -both documents must be originals or certified copies of the same document
- In addition to the original or copy of the marriage license, you will need the following documents: the original or copy of your Social Security card
- Your previous year’s income tax return (or W2)
- Your current auto, home, life, and health insurance card or policy. Vehicle registration receipt
- Voter registration card
- Valid or expired military identification card, Veterans Affairs card, and/or military orders
- Valid Georgia gun permit
- Valid Georgia driver’s license I-797C Notice of Action with Case Type I-90 (Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card)
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- I-797C Notice of Action with Case Type I-90 (Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card)
- Paying a visit to a CSC All customers who visit a facility are required to complete the appropriate License/ID/Permit form.
Want to Change your License Number?
The Department of Driver Services (DDS) can only update a driver’s license or identification number in the following circumstances:
- Your Social Security Number is the same as your present driver’s license number. Theft of your present Driver’s License, Permit, or Identification Card, or you are a victim of identity theft
Replacing Lost Licenses
For those who have lost, stolen, or damaged their driver’s license, you may be eligible for a replacement on the internet. The expiration date of the original issued license does not alter as a result of obtaining a replacement license. Please see our Online Services menu for information on obtaining a replacement license through the Internet. A replacement may also be obtained by submitting an application in person at any driver service facility. It is only in person at a driver service center that you may apply for a duplicate temporary license or certificate for driving if your temporary license or certificate for driving has been lost, stolen, or otherwise damaged.
You must give the following information:
- Confirmation of evidence of identification is required. and
- Documentation of changes (except than those necessary to repair clerical errors) in the name, date of birth, or gender of a driver’s license, temporary license, or certificate for driving holder
If Your Commercial Driver License is Lost or Stolen
You must give the following information:
- Two proofs of residence in Tennessee
- Confirmation of evidence of identification
- And Documentation of changes (other than those necessary to repair clerical errors) in a driver’s license, temporary license, or certificate for the driving holder’s name, date of birth, or gender are required.
- A commercial driver’s license (CDL) duplicate costs $12 dollars, and subsequent CDL duplicates cost $16 dollars. The first duplicate costs $8 dollars, and subsequent duplicates cost $12 dollars.
With the exception of temporary licenses, if your lost license will expire within the next 12 months, you may opt to renew it rather than just obtain a duplicate, if the license will expire within the next 12 months. It is necessary to renew your license if your current license is slated to expire in less than six (6) months. You may discover the driver service center location that is closest to you by visiting ourDriver Service Center Locations page.
Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
Obtaining a replacement driver’s license or learner’s permit will be necessary if your license or permit has been lost, stolen, destroyed, or otherwise compromised. You may also opt to replace your driver’s license or permit if your residence has changed, your sexual orientation has changed, or your image has been updated.
Renew or Replace?
If your driver’s license expiration date is less than one year away, you may want to renew your driver’s license rather than having it replaced. Learner’s permits are not able to be extended.
Removing the Vision Restriction
If you are required to wear glasses or contact lenses while driving, a vision limitation will be displayed on your driver’s license or learner’s permit. If you have had LASIK surgery to correct your eyesight and want the vision limitation removed, you must do one of the following:
- For replacement licenses or learner’s permits, schedule an appointment with the Department of Motor Vehicles and visit a customer service facility. While you’re there, you may also update to a licenseor permit that is REAL ID compatible. To be eligible for the job, you must pass a vision examination without the use of glasses or contact lenses. Send the following items to the address shown below:
- A completed Driver’s License and Identification Card Application (DL1P)
- A Vision Screening Report (MED 4) signed by an ophthalmologist or optometrist within the past three months
- And a valid driver’s license and identification card. If you don’t wear glasses or contact lenses, the MED 4 must show that you fulfill the minimal visual requirements. A $20 payment for a replacement driver’s license and a $2 payment for a replacement learner’s permit is required. Send these materials to the following address:
After processing your request, the DMV will mail you a new license or learner’s permit that will no longer have the eyesight limitation on it.
The cost of obtaining a new driver’s license is twenty dollars. A replacement learner’s permit costs $2 and may be obtained online.
Obtaining a Replacement License Online
Online replacement driver’s license or learner’s permit applications are accepted UNLESS one or more of the following conditions are met:
- Your credential has expired, has been cancelled, has been suspended, or has been revoked. You need to update or modify the name on your identification card. You owe money to the DMV as a result of a previous transaction. You are a minor under the age of eighteen
- You require a fresh photograph, or you have a profile photograph on your identification card. You have transferred your identification card to another state. We require confirmation of your customer number on file: You have already placed an online request for a replacement today
- You will be needed to produce documentation of your legal presence. You are upgrading to a REAL ID compatible credential
- However, this is not required.
Now is the time to replace If you apply for a replacement license or learner’s permit online, the Department of Motor Vehicles will utilize the photograph from your current identification. You can schedule an appointment and come into one of our customer service locations if you would like a fresh photograph.
Obtaining a Replacement License or Learner’s Permit at a Customer Service Center
For a replacement driver’s license or learner’s permit at one of our customer service facilities, you must meet the following requirements:
- You should schedule an appointment with the DMV customer care office
- To apply for a driver’s license or learner’s permit, fill out the application form (DL1P). If you want to complete the form ahead of time or after visiting a DMV office, you can. When you finish the application form, you will have the option of applying to register to vote, changing your voter registration address, or notifying the DMV of a change of address or name for your convenience. One piece of identification documentation must be shown. In order to get a driver’s license or photo identification card, you must provide one of the documents listed in DMV 141, “Acceptable Documents for Obtaining a Driver’s License or Photo ID Card.”
It will be necessary to submit a fresh photograph.
Duplicate License or ID
The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is currently providing new designs for driver’s licenses, identification cards, and driver’s abstracts (DACs). Take a look at the samples under Real ID in the section below.
Ordering OptionsTop ↑
Duplicate cards will be shipped to you, and they will include your existing photo. At DMV offices, they are not available for purchase over the counter. Fee information may be found atFees.
If you have a MyDMV account, you may order a duplicate by logging in. If you do not have the information necessary to set up a MyDMV account, you should come in person to place your purchase. Duplicate License or ID Card Ordering Online (MyDMV) There are several restrictions:
- In order to qualify, the card must not expire within the next 60 days. An instruction permit, a driver’s license, or a DAC cannot be suspended or revoked. It is not known whether the license holder’s residence has changed since the license was last granted. It is necessary to order commercial license copies in person at aCDL Office. Please have a look at theReal ID information provided below. It is possible that you will want to upgrade to a Real ID if you order your copy in person
- Assuming you have not already done so.
If you are temporarily residing outside of Nevada, please let us know by contacting us.
Make an appointment at one of the DMV’s bigger offices. Complete the application as far ahead as possible. If you have not yet upgraded to a Real ID, please refer to the information provided in the section below. DMV 002: Application for Driving Privileges or Identification Card: English|Spanish|Tagalog
Having a Real ID is already a given if your driver’s license or identification card has a gold star in the top right corner. The star will be present in your replica. There is no requirement for you to provide any extra paperwork. If this is not the case, your duplicate will be tagged with the words “NOT FOR REAL ID PURPOSES.” Beginning on May 3, 2023, people wishing to board an airplane using a driver’s license or state identification card will be required to provide a Real ID. See DHS Real ID Information for further information, as well as additional situations in which a Real ID is necessary.
At the same time as you order a duplicate or complete another DMV activity, you can upgrade your account. In order to assess whether or not a Real ID is appropriate for you, visit GetRealNevada.com and The Real ID Act in Nevada.
|These are new designs rolled out in 2021. SeeDriver License Designsfor the older versions.|
Homeless and Released Prisoner Fee ExemptionsTop ↑
People who are 25 years old or older The Department has the authority to waive the charge for homeless individuals 25 years of age and older who wish to get a duplicate Nevada driver’s license or identification card. For duplicates, this is a one-time exception that applies just once. It is necessary to submit your application in person at a DMV office and complete the declarationform. If you are employed at the time of your next normal renewal, you may be required to refund the Department for the $3.25 photo fee that was charged to you at the time of your previous renewal.
- New citizens who are receiving their first Nevada driver’s license or identification card
- Any costs or obligations related with a license suspension or revocation
- And any other fees or requirements that may arise. Licenses for commercial use
Under25 Years of Age
The Department of Motor Vehicles is permitted to waive the charge for homeless individuals under the age of 25 who wish to get an original, renewal, or duplicate Nevada driver’s license or identification card. This is a one-time exception to the rule. This must be done in person at a DMV office, along with the completion of the required declaration form. You are not obligated to refund any expenses that were waived as a result of this exemption.
Persons who have been released from prison or imprisonment within the last 90 days are eligible to have the $18.25 duplication charge waived by the Department. You must provide formal evidence confirming your release date from the Nevada Department of Corrections, its counterpart in another state, or a local jail in order to qualify. This is a one-time exception that is only applicable to duplicates. It is necessary to submit an application in person at a DMV office, where you must complete the request form and produce verification of your release date.
- People who have been released from prison or imprisonment within the last 90 days are eligible to have the $18.25 duplication charge waived by the Department. A certified copy of your release date from the Nevada Department of Corrections, its counterpart in another state, or from a local jail must be submitted. For duplicates only, this is a one-time exception. For this, you must visit your local Department of Motor Vehicles office in person and submit a request form along with evidence of your release date.
Persons who have been released from prison or imprisonment within the last 90 days are eligible to have the $18.25 duplication charge waived by the Department. A certified copy of your release date from the Nevada Department of Corrections, its counterpart in another state, or from a local jail must be provided. This is a one-time exception that applies exclusively to duplicates. For this, you must visit your local Department of Motor Vehicles office and complete the request form, as well as submit evidence of your release date.
- New citizens who are receiving their first Nevada driver’s license or identification card
- Any costs or obligations related with a license suspension or revocation
- And any other fees or requirements that may arise. Licenses for commercial use
For information on new licenses and renewals, see the DMV 013: Released Prisoner or Inmate Driver’s License and Identification Card Information (DMV 013).