You can visit any driver license office in the state of Texas to obtain a replacement driver license or identification card. You may also be eligible to obtain a replacement online. For more information, visit our webpage on How to Replace your Driver License, Commercial Driver License or ID Card.
How do I replace my lost drivers license?
How to replace a lost driver’s license
- Step 1: Secure an Affidavit of Loss.
- Step 2: Go to the nearest Regional LTO Branch.
- Step 3: Get and submit the forms.
- Step 4: Pay at the cashier.
- Step 5: Get your license card.
How long does it take to replace lost driving Licence?
Remember it can take a week to receive a replacement driving licence if you apply online and up to three weeks if you apply via postal application.
How do I get an affidavit of lost license?
Here are the steps on how to get affidavit of loss for driver’s license:
- With a government ID at hand, such as SSS, TIN, or PhilHealth, proceed to a licensed notary public office.
- Request for an affidavit of loss detailing when the driver’s license was lost as well as how it was lost.
What documents are needed to replace a lost driver’s license in Illinois?
You will need identification that shows:
- Written signature (such as government ID, passport, Social Security card)
- Date of birth (such as birth certificate)
- Social Security number (Social Security card)
- Residency (such as bank statement, insurance policy)
Can I drive if I’ve lost my license?
You should contact a police station in case you have lost your Driving Licence. What happens if I lose my Licence and continue to drive? When your licence is suspended or disqualified, your licence is no longer valid. Hence, you must not drive.
What do I do if I find a driving licence?
Just post it to the address on the licence. If its the right address – ace. If its the wrong address then the DVLA will have the wrong address too – so if you send it to them they’ve as much chance of returning it to him as you have. Local police station would be my choice.
Can you drive while waiting for a replacement license UK?
If your entitlement has expired, you can drive as soon as the DVLA receives your correct and complete application for a new licence as long as you meet the Section 88 criteria. You must only drive vehicles you have applied for on your current application and were entitled to drive on your previous licence.
What documents are required for affidavit?
Following are examples of the commonly used affidavits in India:
- Name Change Affidavits.
- Change of Signature Affidavit.
- Address Proof Affidavit.
- Proof of Date of Birth Affidavit.
- Income Proof Affidavit.
- Joint Affidavit for Registration of Marriage.
- Affidavit for No-criminal record.
- Affidavit for Claim Settlement in Bank.
Does affidavit of loss needs to be notarized?
Should Affidavit of Loss be notarized? Yes. Affidavit of Loss should be notarized. An affidavit is a legal document executed under oath which means you are attesting to the whole truth of the contents of your affidavit.
Who can issue affidavit of loss?
An Affidavit of Loss is usually required when requesting for a replacement of a lost document or item. This document should be completed by a person, known as the Affiant, who can attest under oath of their personal knowledge of the circumstances of the loss of the object.
How can I get my drivers license number without my card?
Typically, you’re required to keep a copy of your registration in your vehicle, so you may be able to find your driver’s license number that way. You also may be able to find your license number on any correspondence you received related to your registration, such as a renewal notice.
Can you get a replacement state ID online?
You have the option of replacing a lost, damaged or stolen ID card online through online services. You must be a U.S. citizen with a valid Social Security number to replace an ID card online. Replacement ID cards will only be mailed to your residential address.
Replace your Driver’s License or ID Card
Complete a new driver’s license and identification card application. To apply for a replacement driver’s license, identification card, or commercial driver’s license, fill out our online DL/ID application. For anyone interested in converting to a REAL ID driver’s license or commercial driver’s license (CDL), the option to do so will be available to them in the application. Minors who are applying for a replacement driver’s license must have their parents or guardians sign the application. If you decide to take advantage of this chance to convert to a REAL ID for the first time, you will be needed to present the following documents: 1.) proof of identification, 2.) social security number (SSN), and 3.) two proofs of California residency.
If your replacement will not be a REAL ID, you will not be required to submit any supporting documentation.
When you visit a field office, your replacement request will not be considered complete.
Depending on the location, wait times are frequently shorter than you would expect!
If you are applying for a REAL ID for the first time, make sure to bring your supporting documentation with you.
In the event that you apply for an ID card, you will be sent with a receipt as verification of your submission.
If you have not yet received your driver’s license and/or identification card, call 1-800-777-0133 to inquire about the status of your application.
How to replace a license or permit
If you lose your license or permit (including business, REAL ID, or Enhanced), you can get a new one.
- It was misplaced, stolen, or destroyed
- You changed your mailing address
- You will be 21 in a few months: If you replace your license more than 40 days before your 21st birthday, your license will still have the words “UNDER 21” displayed on it. If you renew your license less than 40 days before your 21st birthday, your license will not have the words “UNDER 21” printed on it.
Please keep in mind that if you replace your document, you will be charged a replacement fee.
- You will not be required to take a vision (eye) exam, and your expiration date and ID number will remain unchanged.
Ways to replace
Your expiration date and ID number will not change, and you will not be required to take a vision (eye) exam;
It is possible to replace your Standard ID by mail if you already have an enhanced or REAL ID or choose to preserve your Standard ID. Your document type will remain the same for the time being. Fill out anApplication for Permit, Driver License, or Non-Driver ID Card (PDF) and submit it to the DMV (MV-44) It should be returned with the following information: (if you do not know your DMV ID number, put your date of birth and name as it was on your previous document)
- Photocopies of valid identification documentation
- Payment of $17.50 (by check or money order made payable to “Commissioner of Motor Vehicles”)
To send a letter, send it to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles at 207 Genesee Street, Suite 6Utica, NY 13501-2874.
At an office and get an Enhanced or REAL ID
Beginning in May 2023, you will be required to provide an Enhanced or REAL ID in order to board a domestic aircraft (unless you have a passport). Obtain an Enhanced or REAL ID card. It is not necessary to get an Enhanced or REAL ID. To have a Standard document type replaced, you must go to a DMV office.
- Your current ‘Standard’ New York State driver’s license (unless you’ve misplaced it)
- Your social security number
- Fill out and submit theApplication for Permit, Driver License, or Non-Driver ID Card (PDF)(MV-44)
- Payment is accepted in the form of a credit/debit card, a cheque or money order made payable to the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles
See the DMV’s location, procedures, and reservation information by clicking on the link below.
Fees and payment
The price is $17.50 per person. In the case of applications submitted over the mail or in person at a DMV office, you can pay with a credit/debit card, as well as a check or money order made payable to the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles. To submit an online application, you must use a credit or debit card. The following are acceptable to the DMV:
- Cards accepted by the company include the American Express® Card, Discover Card®/Novus®, MasterCard®, MasterCard® Debit card without a personal identification number (PIN), VISA® Card, Visa Debit Card without a personal identification number (PIN), and VISA Debit Card with a personal identification number (PIN).
You must obtain form MV-78B from a law enforcement agency in order to receive a free replacement for a driver license or learner permit that has been stolen or lost as a result of a crime. This form is only accessible through police departments, not from the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Address and mailing information
A police agency must provide you with form MV-78B before you may receive a free replacement driving license or learner permit if yours has been stolen or lost as a result of crime. Currently, this form is only accessible through law enforcement agencies, not the DMV.
We will mail you your document
You must get form MV-78B from a police agency in order to receive a free replacement for a driver license or learner permit that has been stolen or lost as a result of a crime. This form is only accessible through law enforcement authorities, not from the DMV.
When ordering by mail or in person at a DMV office, you can specify that your replacement document be delivered to an address other than the one shown on your original document. If ordering by mail, send an additional note with the order and clearly print the alternate address. It is not necessary to write the alternative address on form MV-44. When ordering online, the postal address you enter on form MV-44 must match the address that appears on your picture identification document and on your DMV record.
It is possible to have the term “Veteran” placed in the upper left corner of your picture document if you are a qualified former member of the United States military who was honorably discharged. Learn how to obtain the veteran designation on your driver’s license. We appreciate your service and ask that you go to our military resources for further information on renewing your service if you are currently serving in the military.
Change my name or make other changes
You will need to visit a DMV office if you want to modify your name or any other non-address information (photo, height, or to add or remove corrective glasses). See how to make changes to your name or other personal data. See the DMV’s location, procedures, and reservation information by clicking on the link below.
How to replace if you are out of the country
You will need to visit a DMV office if you want to update your name or any other non-address information (picture, height, corrective glasses, etc.).
View instructions on how to make changes to your name or other personal information. See the DMV’s location, operating hours, and reservation information.
- A completedApplication for Permit, Driver License, or Non-Driver ID Card (PDF)(MV-44)
- Payment of $17.50
- And a completedApplication for Non-Driver ID Card (PDF)(MV-44).
In addition, we urge that you include a pre-addressed priority mail return envelope with your application as an added precaution (this will help ensure that we send your license to the correct address).
Temporary visitors and international students who have a REAL ID
You can replace your driver’s license online, in the mail, or in person as long as the Temporary Visitor status that the DMV has on file has not been cancelled or expired. Upon receiving notification from the Immigration and Naturalization Service that your Temporary Visitor status has been extended, you must visit a DMV office with your updated papers (INS). We will make the necessary changes to our records to reflect that your Temporary Visitor status has been extended, allowing you to replace your driver’s license.
Replace a lost or stolen license, id or permit
Obtaining a new license can be done online, by using the DDS 2 GO App, or in person if you have misplaced, stolen, or damaged your driver’s license, identification card, or permit. If you have at least 150 days left on your driver’s license and/or identification card, you can get it changed for $5.00. It is mandatory to renew your license and pay the renewal cost if your license expires in fewer than 150 days from the day it was issued. Please allow up to 30 days for the delivery of your new or replacement driver’s license.
Replace online or download the DDS 2 Go Mobile App
Obtaining a new license can be done online, by using the DDS 2 GO App, or in-person if your license, id, or permit has been stolen, lost, or destroyed. If you have at least 150 days left on your license and/or ID, you can get a replacement card for $5.00. Unless your license expires in fewer than 150 days, you will be required to renew your license and pay the appropriate fees to the Department of Transportation. Expect delivery of your new or replacement license to take up to 30 days or more.
- You must only possess an ordinary, non-commercial driver’s license, identification card, or permit. If your license has been suspended, cancelled, or revoked, the only thing you can do is change your ID card or Limited Permit
- Otherwise, you have no options. You must be a legal resident of Georgia
- You must be a citizen of the United States
- You must have a Real ID document like your current license, identification card, or permit. (A gold or black star should be printed in the upper right-hand corner of the page.)
Sign in or register for an online account.
Login or Create Online Account
We ask that you bring the following items to one of our Customer Service Centers if you wish to do so:one (1)ORIGINAL OR CERTIFIED DOCUMENT from CATEGORY A. (There will be no copies or faxes.) A total of two (2) DOCUMENTS from CATEGORY B Please keep in mind that the name on your document must match the name on your driver’s license, and that all documents must be in English. License replacement paperwork that must be submitted
- Category A – (1 document) – the document must be an original or certified copy.
- Valid U.S. Passport or Passport Card (if expired, it must be less than 10 years old)
- US Birth Certificate, Amended or Delayed Birth Certificate – Original or certified copy
- Valid U.S. Passport or Passport Card (if expired, it must be less than 10 years old) (Includes U.S. territories and the District of Columbia). Observation – A birth certificate, or “Keepsake” birth certificate, that can be confirmed by the Georgia Department of Public Health’s Vital Records system, may be recognized as proof of citizenship. If you are presently enrolled, a photocopy from any state may be accepted. Consular Report of Birth in a Foreign Country. Form FS-240, DS-1350, or FS-545
- Expired Georgia driver’s license, permit, or identity card
- Expired Georgia interim
- Expired Georgia driver’s license, permit, or identification card Permanent Resident Card that is valid and has not expired. Form I-551
- Employment Authorization Document that is valid and has not expired (EAD). Application for asylum in the United States (Form I-766 or Form I-688B)
- Valid, valid Foreign Passport with U.S. visa affixed, accompanied by the approved I-94 form showing the applicant’s most recent admission into the United States
- Form N-550 or N-570, Certificate of Naturalization
- Form N-560 or N-561, Certificate of Citizenship
- N-550 or N-570, Certificate of Naturalization
- N-560 or N-561, Certificate of Citizenship
- N-560 or N-561
- Category B – (2 papers) -both documents must be originals or certified copies of the same document
- In addition to the original or copy of the marriage license, you will need the following documents: the original or copy of your Social Security card
- Your previous year’s income tax return (or W2)
- Your current auto, home, life, and health insurance card or policy. Vehicle registration receipt
- Voter registration card
- Valid or expired military identification card, Veterans Affairs card, and/or military orders
- Valid Georgia gun permit
- Valid Georgia driver’s license I-797C Notice of Action with Case Type I-90 (Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card)
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- I-797C Notice of Action with Case Type I-90 (Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card)
- Paying a visit to a CSC All customers who visit a facility are required to complete the appropriate License/ID/Permit form.
Want to Change your License Number?
The Department of Driver Services (DDS) can only update a driver’s license or identification number in the following circumstances:
- Your Social Security Number is the same as your present driver’s license number. Theft of your present Driver’s License, Permit, or Identification Card, or you are a victim of identity theft
Renew or Replace Your Florida Driver License or ID Card
Every eight years, customers must renew their Florida driver’s license or identification card. The credential has a date that indicates when it will expire. Driver license holders in Florida can renew their credentials up to 18 months before the expiration date, and ID card holders can renew their credentials up to 12 months before the expiration date if they have one.
Drivers can replace their driver license or identification card before it expires if the credential is lost, stolen, or if they need to make a change to their personal information. The following situations may necessitate the use of an alternate credential.
- Those who have moved or married must update their address on their driver license or ID card within thirty days of the move or marriage, and they must present an original or certified court order of marriage certificate when applying to change the names on their driver license or ID card. Those who have changed their name must first update their name with the Social Security Administration before updating their name on the credential
- And those who have changed their name must present an original or certified court order of marriage certificate when applying to change the names on their driver license or ID card. If a driver’s license or identification card is misplaced or stolen
- It is possible for a client to add or edit a designation or other information that is already shown on the credential. Important: Clients who hold Class E driver licenses that have been expired for more than one year will be required to take and pass the Class E knowledge and vision exams before they may get a valid Class E driver license starting of February 15, 2021. It is possible to finish the Class E knowledge exam up to one year before applying for a Class E driver license in some states. The completion of the Class E knowledge exam and the application for a Class E driving license must be completed within one year of each other, otherwise the knowledge exam must be retaken prior to the issue of the driver license.
Please see ourfees page for a list of the costs associated with renewing or replacing a credential. Our driver license page has further details on the process of acquiring a Floridian driving permit.
At GoRenew.com, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) provides a simple and convenient option to renew your driving license or identification card. GoRenew is able to provide the following services for driver’s license renewal:
- Every alternate renewal season, the state of Florida provides clients with an online convenience renewal service. Check out GoRenew.com to check whether you are qualified for a renewal
- Change the address listed on your driver’s license or identification card
- Replace a credential that has been lost or stolen
A customer’s Social Security number must be verified before a credential may be renewed or replaced online, according to the Department of Transportation. If the department is unable to verify the information, the consumer must contact the Social Security Administration for assistance. Please see ourfees page for a list of the costs associated with renewing or replacing a credential. Customers who renew their credentials with GoRenew.com will get their credentials in the mail within 7-10 business days after completing their purchase.
After completing the transaction, customers will get an email confirmation receipt.
Renew in Office
Customers can renew or replace their driver’s license or identification card at any of the state’s driver licensing service centers. Please see our Locations page for a complete list of our locations. Customers are required to come into an office:
- If a consumer took use of the online convenience option when renewing their subscription
- If a client does not have a REAL ID, the following may occur: If a consumer wants to change their photo, they may do so here. It is acceptable if the consumer is utilizing an authentic or certified court order or marriage certificate to change their name. If a client chooses to add or remove a designation, or if a court order requires them to change their credential, they should contact us. If a consumer is applying for his or her first Florida driver’s license or identification card, If the consumer has a commercial driver’s license, the following conditions apply: If the license has the term “TEMPORARY” written on it, it is considered temporary.
Please see our What to Bring page for more information on what to bring when renewing or replacing a credential.
How to Replace your Driver License, Commercial Driver License or ID Card
The Online Card Replacementfeature may be used if you need to receive a replacement without changing any of the information on the front of the card. You must have the following information to utilize the feature, however:
- The number on your driver’s license or identity card
- Your date of birth
- Your gender
- Those final four digits of your social security number, as well as the audit number on your most recently issued identification card
You will be needed to provide extra verification information if you do not have the audit number from your most recently issued card and wish to utilize theOnline Card Replacementfeature. This additional verification information comprises the following:
- Your first and last names as they appear on your most current driver’s license or identification card
- Your current mailing address as it appears on your most recent driver’s license or identification card, as well as
- Providing answers to four distinct security questions
The Online Card Replacement service is available to non-US citizens, however the Online Card Renewal service is not. If you are currently outside of the state, please see Out-of-State Renewal or Replacement for information on how to replace your driver license or identity card while you are away. If your driver’s license has been lost, stolen, or destroyed, and you do not have the information mentioned above, you must go to your local driver licensing office to receive a replacement driver license card.
- Complete the application before to your arrival. In addition, all driver licensing offices have this paperwork on hand.) Make an appointment with the driving licensing office in your area. The following paperwork should be provided to the licensing and permit specialist:
- Replacement of the application, as well as identification (just one primary, secondary, or supporting document is necessary)
- The following paperwork will also be required if you have not already submitted it:
- Citizenship in the United States alternatively, if you are not a citizen of the United States, proof of authorized residence in the country, as well as your Social Security number
- Please submit your thumbprint. Take a photograph of yourself
- Make payment for the application cost.
* You can find your audit number on your driver’s license or identity card by looking at it like this:
Report Stolen Cards
It is necessary to register a police complaint if your driver’s license or identity card has been stolen and is being used by someone else. To replace your stolen card, complete the steps outlined in the replacing your card section of this guide and bring a copy of your police report along with you. When the driver license office officials analyze your case, they will assess whether or not it is required to issue a new number to you. For additional information on preventing and combating identity theft, please see the website of the Texas Attorney General.
Information on what to do if you are a victim of identity theft may be found in the Identity Theft Information Guide, which is available online. For further information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions on Lost or Stolen Driver’s Licenses and Identification Cards.
How do I replace a lost or stolen driver’s license?
Online – whether you’re in or out of state It is possible to seek a replacement license through ExpressSOS regardless of whether you are in or out of state. If you have moved within the previous ten days or if you have renewed your license within the last four weeks, you will be needed to visit a branch office to complete your transaction. In the office of the Secretary of State If you live in Michigan, you must take valid identification as well as your Social Security number to a Secretary of State office to complete the process.
- military photo ID card are some of the identification documents that are accepted for either the standard or enhanced licenses, depending on the state.
- In order to get further information, please see the Applicating for a License or ID form (standard license) or the Applicating for an Enhanced License or ID form (enhanced license).
- For further information, please see the Standard License Fee Chart as well as the Enhanced License Fee Chart.
- If you are traveling from out of state, you must submit your full name (first, middle, and last), date of birth, driver’s license number, Social Security number, and out-of-state address while completing the application.
- An improved license can only be obtained if the applicant has a valid Social Security number.
- If you plan to return to the state within 180 days, you will get a temporary extension permit in the mail.
Please contact the following for further information on a temporary extension permit or if you have any inquiries regarding replacing a lost or damaged license if you are traveling outside of the state: Michigan Department of StateThe Special Services Branch7064 Crowner DriveLansing, MI 48918Phone: 517-636-5872Fax: 517-636-5865 Michigan Department of StateThe Special Services Branch Documents that are related Topics You can search for information by entering a descriptive term or phrase in the Search bar situated in the upper right corner if you were unable to discover it before.
In the alternative, you may send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” in the top right hand corner, and we will assist you in obtaining the information you want.
SOS – Replacing/Correcting
In-State Replacement of a Lost or Stolen Driver’s License Replacing a Lost or Stolen Driver’s License While Traveling Out of State Lost or stolen driver’s license replacement outside of the United States Making changes to a driver’s license Fees Changing the gender indication on a driver’s license or identification card In StateOnline, you may replace a driver’s license that has been lost or stolen.
- If your driver’s license or enhanced driver’s license is lost or stolen, you may be able to get a replacement using online services if you provide proof of ownership.
- A lost or stolen enhanced license is immediately revoked and is no longer valid for usage at border crossings or other purposes.
- Self-Service Station is an acronym that stands for Self-Service Station.
- To find a self-service station, go to “Find a Self-Service Station.” You must be a citizen of the United States with a valid Social Security number.
- For further information, go to the “Replace State ID Card” link on the online services home page and follow the instructions.
- You will be required to provide identification in order to prove your identify to the authorities.
For further information, go to the online services home page and click on “Replace Driver’s License.” More information about renewing your membership online Obtaining a Replacement Driver’s License if yours has been lost or stolen – Out of StateOnline Replacement of a lost, damaged, or stolen identification card is possible online through the use of internet services.
- Replacement ID cards will only be mailed to the address on your home utility bill.
- Fill out each area of the application in the manner prescribed.
- If you plan to pay by check, fill out the payment method portion of the application and include the check information in the payment method area.
- To pay by check or money order, print off the completed application and submit it together with a check or money order (paid payable to the State of Michigan) to the address shown below.
- Fill out each area of the application in the manner prescribed.
- If you plan to pay by check, fill out the payment method portion of the application and include the check information in the payment method area.
- If you prefer to pay by credit card, please visit our secure online payment page.
In the event that your driver’s license is lost or stolen outside of the United States, you will need to replace it.
Members of the military stationed abroad of the United States are required to enter their APO/FPO addresses in the out-of-state postal address section of the application.
Provided that you have a valid Social Security number and that your driving privileges have not expired or been revoked.
It is straightforward and time-saving to replace your driver’s license online.
The enhanced license is one of the officially recognized travel permits for re-entering the United States by land or water from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean, among other countries.
A change of address is completely free of charge.
The fees will be determined by the kind of license.
Proof of Legal Presence is now required when updating a Commercial Driver’s License, according to new regulations issued by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
Enhanced license: Available at any branch office or through the mail.
Changes in the spelling of names If you need to alter your name on your valid driver’s license, you must provide your driver’s license together with documentation proving the change.
If your name has changed more than once, you may be required to submit multiple papers.
When applying for a divorce decree, it is necessary to ensure that it is certified (copies will not be recognized) and that it clearly identifies both the new and former names.
More information about name changes may be found here.
At every branch office, you can get a license.
At any branch office, you can use your enhanced license. Fees The Driver’s License Fee Chart contains information on the fees for replacing or correcting a license, and the Upgraded Driver’s License Fee Chart contains information on the fees associated with an enhanced license (if applicable).
Replace Lost or Stolen Driver License/ID
The Department of Motor Vehicles may be able to provide you with a duplicate driving license if your identity card or instruction permit (often referred to as credentials) was lost, stolen, or destroyed. In the event that you do not get your credentials in the mail and you come into a state Driver License Office between 30 and 90 days following the date on which the credentials were issued, you may be able to acquire a duplicate credential at no cost. If you would like to know the current status of your card, please visit myDMV.Colorado.gov and use the “Where is my driver license/ID?” feature.
- You will need to go to a driving license office in order to obtain a copy of your credential if it has been lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- When arranging your appointment, be sure you pick the Renew Colorado License/Identification card appointment type from the drop-down menu.
- You may also renew your license online at myDMV.Colorado.gov, which is the state’s DMV.
- citizen or permanent resident who lives outside of the state, you can request a duplicate by mailing a completedDR 2989 with an out-of-state mailing address to:COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE Division of Motor VehiclesP.O.
- Box 173345Denver, CO 802 If you feel your driver’s license or identification card has been stolen, please review these guidelines and instructions on how to report a stolen license or identification card.
Replace your license or instruction permit
For $20, you can replace a driver’s license or instruction permit that has been lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- You should receive your replacement within 2-4 weeks. Please phone 360.902.3900 (TTY: call711) if you have not received it within 30 days
- We will mail it to the address that we have on file for you. If it has to be changed, the first step is to update your address. Licenses and ID cards cannot be sent to a different address
- The license or ID card you get will have the same horizontal or vertical format and photo as the one you’re replacing
- We will, however, replace your vertical card with a horizontal format if you are over 21 and have a vertical card.
- You have the option of ordering a replacement up to three times each year. Other limitations may apply
- Please check the section below for further information. Your temporary license/ID will not contain your photo and will not be valid for identification purposes.
You have options:
- Replace online without the need to create an account. If you are unable to recall the number on your card, select this option. If you already have an account with replace online, sign in with it.
If any of the following apply, you will be unable to obtain a replacement online:
- It will expire in three months, so please renew it instead. Your driver’s license or permit is no longer valid
- You’ve relocated out of state. You have changed your name from the one that is displayed on your driver’s license. Your record indicates that you have one or more of the following characteristics:
- Suspended or revoked license due to nonpayment of traffic penalties or unpaid reissuance fee. Suspended, revoked, or cancelled license due to nonpayment of traffic fines or nonpayment of reissuance fee.
|Pay with your:||For online services||For licensing office|
|CheckMake checks payable “Department of Licensing”||Yes||Yes|
|Visa– credit/debit||Yes *||Yes – at most offices **|
|MasterCard– credit/debit||Yes *||Yes – at most offices **|
|American Express– credit/debit||Yes *||Yes – at most offices **|
|Discover– credit/debit||No||Yes – at most offices **|
When you make an online payment with a credit or debit card, we will charge you a 3 percent fee beginning January 1, 2020. You can also pay online using your bank account details without incurring any additional fees. * Some of our offices take credit and debit cards, while others do not. There is a fee charged by our card payment vendor.
- A $2.25 convenience charge is added if you pay with a debit card. A $3.00 convenience fee is added if you pay with a credit card.
- If you pay with a debit card, the convenience cost will be $2.25
- If you pay with a credit card, the convenience fee will be $2.50
Other options to replace your card:
- Visiting a driver license office is strictly by appointment only. Change of address form for the State of Washington Driver License/ID Card mailed to us
- We will not issue a confirmation.
Your temporary will not feature your photo and will not be able to be used for identifying purposes.
- Replace a misplaced EDL/EID
- Replace a misplaced ID card Obtaining a new driver’s license
- Fraud or crimes involving one’s identity
- Visits to the office should include the following suggestions: Offices for driver’s licenses
Questions? Need help?
Please contact us at 360.902.3900. (TTY: Call711)
Replace Your Driver’s License
When the existing product is lost, stolen, mutilated, or never received, a duplicate Pennsylvania Non-Commercial Driver’s License is granted to the individual who applied for it. If PennDOT has your photo and signature on file, you can apply for a duplicate non-commercial license online if PennDOT has your photo and signature on file. When your application is complete, you will be able to print a temporary driver’s license that will be valid for 15 days while your duplicate driver’s license is being processed and shipped to your home address.
Remember that if you have outstanding sanctions in another state(s), PennDOT will not be able to provide you a driver’s license product in that state. You may also check out the National Driver Register Fact Sheet for additional details! (PDF).
Complete FormDL-80(PDF), “Non-Commercial Driver’s License Application to Change, Correct, or Replace,” and submit it to the DMV. Step 2: Make a check or money order payable to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation for the appropriate charge. The application and a cheque or money order should be mailed to PennDOT, PO Box 68272, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17106-8272. Step 4:If your photograph is already on file, you will be issued a duplicate Non-Commercial Driver’s License that will include your current photo as well.
If you receive a camera card, you will need to go to a photo facility to have a photo taken for your Non-Commercial Driver’s License photo taken.
To get a duplicate Non-Commercial Driver’s license, you must complete theDL-80(PDF) form and submit it to an Online Messenger Service or a Driver License Center.
In this way, you will be able to keep a genuine product in your possession until PennDOT completes the duplicate order processing.
Replacing Your Commercial Driver’s License
It is possible to get a duplicate Commercial Driver’s License in Pennsylvania if the original product has been lost, stolen, disfigured, or was never received. Remember that if you have outstanding sanctions in another state(s), PennDOT will not be able to provide you a driver’s license product in that state. You may also check out the National Driver Register Fact Sheet for additional details! (PDF). For duplicate commercial driver’s licenses, there are no online services accessible.
Complete FormDL-80CD(PDF), “Application for Change, Correction, or Replacement of Commercial Driver’s License,” and submit it to the Department of Transportation. Step 2: Make a check or money order payable to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation for the appropriate charge. The application and a cheque or money order should be mailed to PennDOT, PO Box 68272, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17106-8272. Step 4:If your photograph is already on file, you will be issued a duplicate Commercial Driver’s License that will include your current photo.
If you acquire a camera card, you must go to a photo facility to obtain a duplicate Commercial Driver’s License, unless you have a special exception.
When an individual’s photo is taken for the purpose of renewing their driver’s license or identity card, PennDOT employs state-of-the-art facial recognition technology. Step 5: You may go to a Driver License Center and submit theDL-80CD(PDF) form to obtain a duplicate license.
Official NCDMV: Replacement & Duplicate License
Before You Start, Consider the Following: You may complete several services in a single safe transaction with the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles, which makes use of an online service called PayIt. PayIt charges a $3 fee every online transaction, which it leverages to offer higher-quality services more effectively while incurring no upfront fees for the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles. The State of North Carolina does not collect or get any benefit from the transaction fee in any way.
Ready to Get a Replacement/Duplicate License or ID?
Individuals who meet the following criteria can purchase a replacement or duplicate driver license or identification card online or at a North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles driver licensing office:
- Their driver’s license has been misplaced or stolen
- Their license has been destroyed or rendered illegible. Their physical location has changed
- Their name has changed (just for the driver’s license office)
Make an Appointment
By scheduling an appointment online, you may avoid the long lines at driver licensing offices. If you are unable to locate a suitable appointment time, please keep checking back as new open appointments are posted on a daily basis to the system.
The person ordering a duplicate driver license or ID card online must have a valid license (with the “active” status) or valid ID card, as well as a photo on file with the NCDMV that is no more than five years old, in order to be eligible. Individuals who fulfill any of the following requirements must contact a driver license office of the North Carolina Department of Transportation:
- Has a suspended license or an outstanding debt with the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles
- A duplicate commercial driver’s license with a P or S endorsement is being sought by the applicant. Has a paperwork from the United States government proving lawful presence
- Interested in obtaining a North Carolina REAL ID license
In order to get a duplicate driver’s license with their new name, an individual must inform the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles (NCDMV) within 60 days following the change in their name.
Replace your driver’s license
Login links are available on this page.
Registry of Motor Vehicles
The quickest and most convenient method to order a replacement is to do it online. You will be required to give the following information:
- Name, date of birth, and place of birth Your ID number or the last four digits of your Social Security Number are required. Payment information
- Email address
Fees for Replace your driver’s license
|Driver’s License Replacement Fee||$25||each|
How to replace Replace your driver’s license
The internet is the quickest and most convenient method of replacing your driver’s license. You will require the following items:
- Last name
- The last four digits of your social security number or the number on your driver’s license
- Email address
- Fees that may be charged
To seek a replacement driver’s license, you can contact the RMV’s Contact Center via phone. Call (857) 368-8000 for more information. From area codes 339, 617, 781, and 857, or from outside of Massachusetts, call (800) 858-3926 (toll-free). All other Massachusetts area codes are dialed Call (877) 768-8833 if you use a TTY. For those who are deaf or hard of hearing (in Massachusetts), you will need to provide the following information:
- Both the first and last names
- Date of birth
- A brief biography Those last four digits of your Social Security number Fees that are applicable
At this moment, replacement licenses are not available at RMV Service Centers, according to the RMV. If you are a member of AAA, you may, however, make a reservation to get your driver’s license replaced at one of their locations. To arrange an appointment, go to www.aaa.com/appointments.
More info for Replace your driver’s license
Your driver’s license can be renewed instead of being replaced in the event that it expires in less than a year from the date of purchase. After buying a duplicate license, you will not be able to cancel or return it.
Contact for Replace your driver’s license
For those who have lost, stolen, or damaged their driver’s license, you may be eligible for a replacement on the internet. The expiration date of the original issued license does not alter as a result of obtaining a replacement license. Please see our Online Services menu for information on obtaining a replacement license through the Internet. A replacement may also be obtained by submitting an application in person at any driver service facility. It is only in person at a driver service center that you may apply for a duplicate temporary license or certificate for driving if your temporary license or certificate for driving has been lost, stolen, or otherwise damaged.
Holders of a temporary driving license or temporary identification card must present the relevant documentation demonstrating a prolonged allowed stay in the United States in order to renew their license or identification card. You must give the following information:
- Confirmation of evidence of identification is required. and
- Documentation of changes (except than those necessary to repair clerical errors) in the name, date of birth, or gender of a driver’s license, temporary license, or certificate for driving holder
If Your Commercial Driver License is Lost or Stolen
You must give the following information:
- Two proofs of residence in Tennessee
- Confirmation of evidence of identification
- And Documentation of changes (other than those necessary to repair clerical errors) in a driver’s license, temporary license, or certificate for the driving holder’s name, date of birth, or gender are required.
- A commercial driver’s license (CDL) duplicate costs $12 dollars, and subsequent CDL duplicates cost $16 dollars. The first duplicate costs $8 dollars, and subsequent duplicates cost $12 dollars.
With the exception of temporary licenses, if your lost license will expire within the next 12 months, you may opt to renew it rather than just obtain a duplicate, if the license will expire within the next 12 months. It is necessary to renew your license if your current license is slated to expire in less than six (6) months. You may discover the driver service center location that is closest to you by visiting ourDriver Service Center Locations page.
Replacement License, Permit and State ID Cards
If you are in need of a replacement, you may get one online.
- Be in possession of a valid Class O (car) license, a CDL (commercial driver’s license), a Class M (motorcycle) license, or a state identification card Have not had your name altered after your last driver’s license or state identification card was issued
- Not more than two replacements have been procured in the last five years
- It is possible that further exclusions will apply
- For more information, consult the online FAQs.
You must apply for a Learner’s Permit, School Permit, or Provisional Permit in person at a Driver Licensing Office if you require one of these types of permits.
Get your Replacement at the DMV
You can also obtain a replacement driver’s license at any Driver Licensing Office. A citizen who wishes to apply for a replacement driver’s license, permit, or state identification card must present the following documents: Once your application has been processed, and you have made your fee payment, the County Treasurer or Driver License Service Center will provide you a receipt that is valid for 30 days, along with driving privileges if applicable. Your driving license, permit, or State ID Card will be mailed to you within 14 business days of submitting your application.
Following the issuance of a replacement document, the previously issued document is become null and void and cannot be used as identification.
If a citizen lives outside of Nebraska at the time of application, he or she may be able to get a replacement license, permit, or State ID Card over the mail. Remember that if you need to have a Learner’s Permit, School Permit, Provisional Permit, Commercial License, or Commercial Permit changed, you must go to a Driver Licensing Office in person and submit your application. Those with questions about replacement licenses, permits, or state identification cards should send an email to the address shown below or call the office at (402) 471-3861.