Driver’s License/ID Cards Name and Address Change All name changes must be completed in person at a local office; however address changes can be completed online via GoRenew.com or also in person at a local office.
Can I change my address on my driving Licence by phone?
You can inform the DVLA of your address change by using the above form. Or, you can call on 0300 790 6802. When you call simply explain that you need to update your DD details and provide your updated address. This will be for your car tax, which is linked to where your vehicle is registered.
Does it matter if your address is wrong on your driving Licence?
Having the wrong details on your licence is an offence. If DVLA has the wrong address for a vehicle registered to you & that vehicle is caught speeding (or committing another offence) the Notice asking the registered keeper for the vehicle to identify the driver will go to an out of date address.
How much does it cost to change your address on your driver’s license in NY?
How much does a New York change of address cost? It will cost $17.50 to get an updated driver’s license or permit with your new address, and $8 for an non-driver ID card.
How do I change my address on my driver license in California?
There are four ways to do this:
- Fill out a California DMV change of address form online. You can find it here.
- Request that a change of address form be mailed to you. Call 1-800-777-0133 to place your request and you will receive your form within five days.
- Go to the DMV.
- Download the Change of Address form at home.
How long does it take to change address on driving licence?
Unless further information is required, your details will be updated within 72 hours of submitting the information online. If you submit your notification by post, it will take up to 5 working days.
How do I change my address?
Change Your Address
- Go to USPS.com/move to change your address online. This is the fastest and easiest way, and you immediately get an email confirming the change. There is a $1.10 charge to change your address online.
- Go to your local post office and request the Mover’s Guide packet. Inside the packet is PS Form 3575.
What happens if I don’t change my address?
Failing to timely update your address after moving may actually result in a breach of your insurance contract. That could lead to a cancellation of the insurance policy or the denial of a claim.
Do you need to update drivers license when you move UK?
You must update your provisional or full driving licence when you move.
Should I change my address if I’m renting?
Do I need to change the address on my drivers license every time I move from one rented apartment to another? Yes You do, need to CHANGE or UPDATE your address each time you Move. But you only need that to write personal checks or for traffic tickets so you get the mail courtesy letter.
Can I change my address on my license online in NJ?
You can easily complete your New Jersey DMV change of address online through New Jersey’s Change of Address System. What will I need when I notify the DMV? Act fast — you’ll need to report your change of address within 7 days of your move.
Can I change my address on my driver’s license online in NY?
Refer to this step by step process to update your address:
- Create a MyDMV account. If you already have an account, skip to step 2.
- Sign in to MyDMV.
- Under “DMV Services,” click “Change My Address.”
- Enter the required information.
- Click the “Enter and Verify” button.
- Keep the confirmation email for your records.
Do you get a new driver license when you change your address NY?
You are not required to order new documents that display the new address. After you report a change of address, you can then order a photo driver license, learner permit or non-driver ID card and registration documents that display your new address.
Can I change my address online?
Select the ‘Change address’ button. Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account. Follow the prompts to change your address. You’ll receive an email confirmation after you’ve updated your address.
Does CA DMV have my correct address?
The DMV uses the USPS address database to determine correct mailing addresses. The system can at times record addresses incorrectly. An incorrect address does not invalidate your registration card or registration sticker. Both registration card and sticker are valid and you may use them.
How long does it take CA DMV to update address?
Notify DMV of Your Change of Address Expect it to take about 10 days for the change to be finalized in DMV’s system when submitting via the online form.
How to change your address
- The DMV must be notified within 10 days if you move and you must update your license, permit, nondriver ID, and car records to reflect your new location. Identifying and correcting any errors in your mailing address is essential. Our system automatically updates the title certificate record when you move or alter your address for your car registration.
- You will need to contact the Title Services Bureau at 1-518-486-4714 if the name on your registration record does not exactly match the name on your title certificate. If you need to amend the address on your registration record, you can call the Title Services Bureau at 1-518-486-4714.
- Although it is advised, you are not required to get new DMV paperwork with your new address on them. On the back of your driver’s license, non-driver ID card, or learner permit, as well as on the front of your registration document, you can enter your new address (carefully draw lines through the old address). It is not necessary to indicate the new address on a title certificate since the DMV provides papers and crucial notices to customers through the mail. Use the same mailing address for all of your applications, papers, and transactions
- This will save you time and money.
The U.S. Postal Service does not notify DMV when you change your mailing address
It is not necessary to update your DMV records when you change your mailing address with the United States Postal Service. You must still notify the United States Postal Service and the Department of Motor Vehicles of your address change.
For Traffic Violations Bureau tickets
Changing your address for a Traffic Violations Bureau (TVB) traffic ticket transaction does not affect the address on your driver license, non-driver ID, permit, or vehicle registration records, nor does it affect the address on your driver license or non-driver ID. In the event that you alter the address on your driver license, non-driver identification card, permit, or vehicle registration records, the address on your traffic ticket does not change as a result of the change.
How to update
To access your MyDMV account, you must first log in using your NY.gov ID.
If you do not have a MyDMV account
The information from your most recently issued New York State driving license, learner permit, or non-driver ID card will be required (see sample ID documents). If you have recently lost your document, renewed it, or bought a new one and have not yet gotten it in the mail, you will need to wait until it arrives before you may set up a MyDMV account using your information. (You may still alter your mailing address if you choose.) Create an account with MyDMV.
The information from your most recently issued New York State driving license, learner permit, or non-driver identification card will be required (see sample ID documents). It is necessary to wait until you receive your document in the mail before you may register a MyDMV account if you have recently lost, renewed, or ordered a new document and have not yet received it. It is still possible to modify your mailing address. MyDMV is a free service that you may sign up for.
It is possible to have various mailing and home addresses on separate picture identification documents. Your mailing address will be displayed on a regular ID card. Your residence address will be displayed on a REAL ID or an Enhanced ID. More information on the various document kinds may be found here.
Submit a Change of Address Online
The mailing and residence addresses on your picture identification documents may be different from one another. Your postal address will be displayed on a standard identification card. Your residence address will be displayed on a REAL ID or Enhanced ID. Please see the following link for further information on the various document types:
Before you begin…
- Make a note of both your old and new mailing addresses. The most recent registration card, as well as the location where your trailer coach or vessel is located (if applicable), will be required if you want to change the address of your vehicle or vessel.
Are you eligible to change your address online?
- Do not presently possess a California driver’s license or identification card
- Do not possess a social security number (SSN)
- Your residential address is in another state, but you have a commercial driver’s license (CDL) issued by the State of California. Be in possession of an Army Post Office (APO) or a Fleet Post Office (FPO) mailing address Are living in a country other than the United States of America (U.S.)
- Have applied for but have not yet received your REAL ID driver’s license or identification card Possess a rented automobile
- You want to make a modification to the address on your disabled person (DP) identification placard. Although you cannot alter the address for DPplates online, you may do so through the Change of Address system on the website.
Any of the foregoing situations may necessitate the completion of aChange of Address (DMV14)form and mailing it to the address indicated on the form. If you want to update your address, you do not have to come into the office in person.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you merely change your address for one document, the DMV will not immediately update your address across all of your papers. However, if you like, you may make changes to both your driver’s license/identification card and your vehicle/vessel registration at the same time via the online COA system. You may use a PO box as your postal address; but, if your COA contains your driver’s license or identification card, you must include a dwelling address. It is not permitted to use temporary postal addresses.
- You are only permitted to update the address for a maximum of three of your own automobiles.
- If all of the cars have the same address, you can update the address for up to three of them in a single transaction.
- Remember to double-check with your new state to see if they have any special requirements for your driver’s license and/or car registration.
- Maintaining a California commercial driver’s license (CDL) requires you to live in the state.
- No, the Modify of Address system will not allow you to change the address associated with your occupational license.
- Certain records must be handled differently than others.
- The online Change of Address procedure will include the opportunity to register to vote and indicate voter preferences, which will be electronically transmitted to the Secretary of State (SOS) by the DMV (if you are eligible).
If you choose not to have your information forwarded by the DMV, it is your obligation to tell the SOS of your new mailing address. Simply log into the Change of Address System after 72 hours and select “Check Update Status” from the drop-down menu.
Name and Address Changes
In the event that you merely make a single change to your address, the DMV will not instantly update all of your paperwork. Although it is not necessary to alter both your driver’s license and vehicle or vessel registration at the same time, you do have the option to do so using the online COA system if you so want. A PO box may be used as your postal address; but, if your COA contains your driver’s license or identification card, you must supply a dwelling address as well. This policy does not permit the use of temporary postal addresses.
- Up to three of your own cars may have their addresses changed at any time.
- If all of the cars have the same address, you can alter the address for up to three vehicles in a single transaction.
- Check with your new state, though, to see if they have any restrictions for obtaining a driver’s license or registering a car.
- In order to keep your California commercial driver’s license active, you must reside in the state.
- With the Change of Address system, you will not be able to update the address associated with your occupational license.
- The treatment of certain records is unique.
- The online Change of Address procedure will include the opportunity to register to vote and indicate voter preferences, which will be electronically transmitted to the Secretary of State (SOS) by DMV (if you are eligible).
- Because it is your obligation to tell the SOS of any changes in your address, if you choose not to have your information forwarded by the DMV, Then, after 72 hours, go back to the Change of Address System, log in, and select “Check Update Status.”
- First and foremost, you must update your Florida Driver’s License/ID Card. (Please keep in mind that name changes must first be made with the Federal Social Security Administration before your name may be changed on a driver’s license or identification card.) Please allow 24 to 48 hours after completing the name change with the Social Security Administration before attempting to access your benefits. Second, make sure your Florida title(s) and registration(s) are up to date.
Driver’s License/ID Cards Name and Address Change
It is necessary to file a name change application with the Federal Social Security Administration before your name may be modified on a Florida driver’s license or identification card. Changing one’s name must be done in person at a local office; however, changing one’s address can be done online at GoRenew.com or in person at a local office.
Name and Address ChangeRequired Documentation
Prior to having your name corrected on a Florida driver’s license or ID card, you must first make the necessary adjustments with the Federal Social Security Administration. No matter where you live, you must submit all name changes in person at a local office; however, you can complete address changes online at GoRenew.com or in person at a local office.
Name and Address Changes on a Title/Registration
The new name and address on your driver’s license will instantly update on your electronic title; however, a printed title will continue to display your former name and address until a new title is applied for using anApplication for Certificate of Title With/Without Registration form (HSMV form 82040). It is possible that a lien on a paper title will prevent the printing of a new title if the lienholder so desires. Although it is legal to keep the revised name and address unaltered on the printed title, this is not recommended because the department vehicle ownership record will be updated after your driver information has been corrected.
This can be accomplished by submitting a completedApplication for Duplicate or Lost in Transit/Reassignment for a Motor Vehicle, Mobile Home, or Vessel Title Certificate to the appropriate authority (HSMV form 82101).
If you have any more inquiries, please call our Customer Service Center at (850) 617-2000. Please see this page for information on finding a location near you.
Texas Driver License Renewal and Change of Address
Welcome to the Texas Driver License Renewal, Replacement, Change of Address, and Change of Emergency Contacts system. Please fill out the form below to get started.
- Renewal of your driver’s license, commercial driver’s license, and/or identity (ID) card is required. The address on your driver’s license, commercial driver’s license, and/or identification card should be updated. Replace a card that has been lost or stolen
- View and make changes to your emergency contact information
Beginning on May 3, 2023, the United States Department of Homeland Security will mandate that all individuals planning to travel by air possess a REAL ID compatible identification card. Valid U.S. passport, driver license, or identification card with a REAL ID compliance indication in the top right hand corner of the card are examples of acceptable identification. If you do not have a REAL ID compatible indication on your card and would want one, you can check your eligibility to renew online or order a duplicate card through the website.
What You Need
A printer to print your temporary driver’s license or identification card, which is valid for 60 days after it is issued. If you do not have access to a printer, you can renew your membership by phone at 1-866-DL-RENEW (1-866-357-3639). Alternatively, you can select to obtain your temporary driver’s license or identification card through email; however, you must print it in order for it to be considered a genuine document.
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express credit cards are all acceptable forms of payment. A copy of your current Texas driver’s license or identification card
- The last four digits of your Social Security number If you do not have an audit number, you will be forced to perform extra authentication for which you will be charged an additional cost*
- Otherwise, you will not be charged an additional price.
- Renewal of identification card (with or without changing address): $16
- Renewal of driver license (with or without changing address): $33
- Renewal of driver license with motorcycle (with or without changing address): $44
- Renewal of commercial driver license (with or without changing address): $97
- Renewal of commercial driver license with motorcycle Commercial driver license renewal with motorcycle (with or without changing address): $105
- Renewal of commercial driver license with motorcycle (with or without changing address): $105
- A driver’s license, business driver’s license, or identification card replacement or change of residence costs $11
- View and modify emergency contact information: $0
- *An additional authentication cost of $1.75 is charged in lieu of submitting an audit number.
Texas.gov, the official website of the state of Texas, provides this online service for free. Among the revenues used to support the continued operations and upgrades of Texas.gov, which is supplied by a third party in cooperation with the State, is the fee for this service.
Change the address on your driver license or ID card
- You have ten days after moving to update your address on your driver’s license or identification card. There are no fees associated with changing your address. In order to acquire a new card with your changed address on it, there is a $20 cost
- It is not possible to alter the address on your driver’s license if you have already changed the address on your car. You’ll have to take care of that independently. See what addresses we have on file by logging in or joining
- Your driver’s license or identification card must be updated within ten days of your move. Updating your address is completely free of charge! For a new card with your changed address on it, there is a $20 cost must be paid. It is not possible to alter the address on your driver’s license if you have already changed the address on your car. Those things will have to be completed independently. To view what addresses we have on file, please log in or join the site.
1. Change your address online
Change your address online by logging in or joining.
2. Decide if you want a new card
- If this is the case, you may obtain a replacement card by logging into your License eXpress account and changing your address. It will still have your current photograph on it.
- Visiting a driver license office without an appointment is required if you wish to have your photo taken again. It is possible to have your photograph taken for an extra cost. Prepare yourself to wait in line. Check out these helpful hints for visiting a doctor’s office: Offices for driver’s licenses
- If you do not want a new card, you can wait until your license or identification card is renewed. In other words, you won’t have the option of using your card as verification of your new address.
3. Update your vehicle address, if needed
If you haven’t already done so, you may need to update your car registration with your current address.
4. Update your Good To Go! account, if needed
Remember to update your contact information with the Department of Transportation if you have a Good To Go! electronic tolling pass.
- Online:www.wsdot.wa.gov/goodtogo/ 866.936.8246 (toll-free)
- Visits to the office should include the following suggestions: Offices for driver’s licenses
- Make a change to the name shown on your driver’s license or identification card. You may choose to change your name or address: EDL/EID.
Questions? Need help?
Please get in touch with us.
Change Your Name or Address
If your name has changed as a result of marriage, divorce, or another circumstance, or if you need to change your address, you will need to complete one of the following forms: Forms for Name Change
- Commercial Driver’s License:DL-80CD(PDF), or DL-143CD(PDF) if your license is about to expire in the next six months
- Learning Permit:DL-31(PDF)
- Learner’s Permit:DL-31(PDF)
- A non-commercial driver’s license is obtained by completing DL-80(PDF), or if the license is due to expire within six months, DL-143(PDF) is used to renew it. DL-54B (PDF) is a photo identification card.
A name change for a driver’s license or picture identification card must be performed in person at a Driver License Center before it can be processed. The birth certificate must be sealed with a raised seal if you wish to use your given name as your legal name in the United States. If you have had your name legally changed by a court order, you must submit a Certified Copy of the Court Order. The marriage certificate must be shown if you wish to use your spouse’s surname instead of your own. If you wish to use a different name, you must present your Social Security Card, as well as two other sources that have been issued in the desired name, such as tax records, a Selective Service Card, a Voter Registration Card, a passport, any form of Photo I.D.
Attention: Original papers, such as a court order, marriage certificate, or divorce decision, must be produced in order to be accepted.
citizens are not permitted provided the primary source identification document(s) reflects the new name.
The source ID document(s) are the most recently issued Department of Homeland Security immigration document(s), not a passport, visa, or marriage certificate, and are not required to be in English.
Vehicle/Trailer Registration and Title
To make a change to the name on a driver’s license or picture identification card, you must go to a Driver License Center. When applying to use your birth name, you must submit your state-issued birth certificate, which has a raised stamp. It is necessary to submit a Certified Copy (certified copy) of the Court Order in order to have your name changed by permission of the court. The marriage certificate must be shown if you wish to take your spouse’s surname as your own. To change your name, you must present your Social Security Card, as well as two other sources that have been issued in the desired name, such as tax records, a Selective Service Card, a Voter Registration Card, a passport, any form of photo identification issued by a government agency, banking records, or a baptismal certificate.
Not a passport, visa, or marriage certificate, but rather the most recent Department of Homeland Security immigration document(s) issued by the agency, are regarded the source ID document(s).
Change Your Address
You can update your non-commercial driver’s license or Pennsylvania picture identification card’s address at any time online, with the exception of if you are relocating out of state. Fill out FormDL-82(PDF), “Out of State Exemption,” and submit it to the address on the form in order to have your driver’s license updated with your new residence.
Vehicle/Trailer Registration and Title
Except if you are moving out of state, you can update your address on your vehicle/trailer registration at any time online or by completing formMV-63(PDF), “Change of Address,” which is available online. Please complete out FormMV-8(PDF), “Self Certification for Proof of Residency,” and submit it to the address shown on the form if you have moved and need to update your vehicle registration information. A customer’s voter registration will be automatically updated with the Department of State when they complete the MV-63, unless they want to opt out of this process by ticking the box in Section D.
It is your responsibility to notify the Department of Homeland Security and Safety of any change in address. You must notify the Department of Safety and Homeland Security of any change in your mailing address within 10 days of the change taking effect. The term “physical relocation” refers to a physical move, as opposed to address changes made by the United States Postal Service or your local 9-1-1 Emergency Communications District even if you have not moved physically. We will not get the information if we do not notify the postal authorities.
You run the risk of missing the renewal deadline for your license if you do not tell us in time. The law does not need that the address on your real license be changed; rather, it just requires that it be altered on our records. There are no fees associated with updating your address in our system.
How to Notify Us of Your Change of Address
Your driver’s license must include your legal residence address. The use of a post office box as a home mailing address will not be permitted. If your name is being changed, you will need to go to a driver service facility to complete the process. e-Services are available online:
- The e-Services site is accessible by clicking here, and the needed information forms may be filled out there. Choose “Change Your Address” from the list of services that are available and follow the prompts to complete the process. Please return to the list of available services and renew your license, or, if you are not within your renewal time, order a duplicate license. If you are not within your renewal term, please contact us for assistance. Once the transaction is complete and all associated fees have been paid, a new license will be mailed to the address on file in your account.
At a Self-Service Kiosk, you may do the following:
- To locate a Self-Service Kiosk in your area, please visit this page. To update your address, follow the on-screen prompts on the kiosk’s screen. Start a new transaction and renew your license, or purchase a duplicate license if you are not inside your license renewal term, if you want your license to reflect the modifications you have made. Once the transaction is complete and all associated fees have been paid, a new license will be mailed to the address on file in your account.
Click here to locate a Self-Service Kiosk in your area. If you want to change your address, follow the on-screen prompts on the kiosk; Start a new transaction and renew your license, or purchase a duplicate license if you are not inside your license renewal term, if you want your license to reflect the modifications you made. An updated driver’s license will be delivered to your new address after the process is complete and all associated fees have been paid;
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number
- Social Security number
- And Former residence shown on driver’s license in present state of residence Your new address
- The county in which you have relocated
Additionally, you may obtain a change of address form from any driver service facility. Send an address change notification that contains the above information, as well as a change of address form, to the following address:TN DEPT OF SAFETY AND HOMELAND SECURITYATTN: RECORDS1150 Foster AvenueNashville, Tennessee 37243 After we receive your information, we will update your driving record after about 15 business days of receipt of the information. It is your driving record that is updated with the Department of Safety, not your physical license, when you move your address.
If you are not within your renewal term, please contact us for assistance.
By clickinghere, you may access the e-Services site and fill out the necessary information fields there.
Once the transaction is complete and all associated fees have been paid, a new license will be delivered to the address on file that has been modified.
Change Your Address or Name
Arizona law requires all drivers license and identification card holders to notify the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) of any change of residence within 10 days of the change. You can update your address online at AZMVDNow.gov or by contacting us directly. Name, date of birth, and driver’s license or identity card number will all be required information to complete the transaction. Changes of address are completely free. If you require a replacement driver’s license or identification card, there is a $12 fee.
If you do not alter your address within 10 days, you may be subject to a citation from police authorities.
Address Confidentiality Program Participants
It is necessary to complete all transactions in person.
Attempts to complete transactions online or over the phone will be refused.
Change Your Name
Arizona law mandates that all drivers license and identity card holders notify the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) within 10 days following a name change. Before your record may be changed, the Motor Vehicle Division must validate your Social Security number. As a result, you must first contact the Social Security Administration online or by phone at 800.772.1213 (toll-free TTY number: 800.325.0778) to obtain information on how to alter your name on their records before proceeding. You must wait two days for the Social Security Administration’s computer system to be updated before visiting anyMVD or Authorized Third Party office and presenting identification in both your current and prior names to receive your new identity.
- Certificate of marriage/license
- Divorce decree
- Certificate of citizenship/naturalization
- Court order
Certified copies must be certified by the organization that issued the original.
Change Your Address
You may update your address online. Changing your address requires printing a custom label (such as a return address label) with your new address and attaching it to the back of your driver’s license, permit, or ID card, which may be found here. You will not get a new license, permit, or identification card in the mail.
Change of Address form can be downloaded and printed (DR2285). Fill out the form and put it in the mail or hand it in to a driving licensing office to be processed. Immediately after filing your request for a change of address, print your own label (for example, a return address label) with your new address on it and attach it to the back of your driver’s license, permit, or identification card. You will not get a new license, permit, or identification card in the mail.
At a Driver License Office
After your visit, stop by a driver licensing office and pick up a paperwork to alter your mailing address. Give the completed form to a representative from the driving licensing office. Immediately after filing your request for a change of address, print your own label (for example, a return address label) with your new address on it and attach it to the back of your driver’s license, permit, or identification card. You will not get a new license, permit, or identification card in the mail.
- After your visit, stop by a driver licensing office to pick up a paperwork for changing your address. Give the completed form to a representative from the driving licensing bureau. Immediately after filing your request for a change of address, print your own label (for example, a return address label) with your new address on it and attach it to the back of your driver’s license, permit, or identity card. A new license, permit, or ID card will not be mailed to you.
Update/Change License Information
The address on their license, permit, or ID must be updated within 30 days after relocating to Georgia if they are a new resident of the state. Existing Georgia license/ID holders have 60 days to update their mailing address with the state. You may make changes to your address either online or by using the DDS 2 GO Mobile App, or you can go in person to a DDS Customer Service Center. You will not be able to alter your address by the mail or by phone. Allow up to 30 days for the delivery of the license to be completed.
Address Change – Online or DDS 2 GO Mobile App
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
- To be eligible, you must meet the following conditions:
Please keep in mind that there is a $5.00 reduction if any charges are incurred. Additionally, some eyesight impairments may be in effect. Sign in or register for an online account.
Login or Create Online Account
App for DDS 2 GO on Mobile Devices
Address Change – In-Person
If you do not have an Online Account and need to visit a Customer Service Center, you must bring the following papers with you to the appointment:
- If you hold a Real ID License or ID (with a gold or black star in the top right-hand corner), just one (1) document is required to verify your residency
- Otherwise, two (2) documents are required. Even if your license or ID is not a Real Id License or ID, you must produce all Real Id Documents, which must contain two (2) proofs of residency. Visit ourReal ID Checklistpage for a list of approved papers that prove a person’s residential address. Prepare yourself to snap a photograph
You can skip a step! – A clone of the original Upon arrival at the facility, all customers are required to present the necessary Online License, ID, or Permit form.
Change the Address on an Existing Georgia Driver’s License
Address changes from Georgia to Georgia can be submitted online, in person, or using the DDS 2 GO smartphone application. Change of Address from Georgia to Georgia
- Make an appointment with the aDDS Customer Service Center
- Provide the DDS representative with your application, supporting papers, and your new mailing address. Pay any relevant expenses that may be incurred
- Prepare yourself for DDS to take a photograph of you. You will be required to relinquish your current Georgia driver’s license at the time of your interview. Within 2 to 3 weeks, you will receive a temporary paper license that will serve as a temporary replacement until your new permanent license arrives in the mail.
- Log in with your current DDS account or establish a new one by visiting the DDS Online Services Portal. Fill out the application for a change of address
- If any fees are incurred, they must be paid. In addition, if you renew using the Online Services Portal, you will receive a $5 reduction off the specified rates.
- Within 2 to 3 weeks, you will receive your new driver’s license in the mail.
- You may get the DDS 2 GO app for your device from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Log in with a newly created account or with an existing one
- Select the Services option from the menu bar. Select Address Change from the Services drop-down box. Make a selection of the address you’d want to modify and follow the on-screen instructions
- Pay any relevant expenses that may be incurred
- Within 2 to 3 weeks, you will receive your new driver’s license in the mail.
We do not accept any address changes sent to us by email. It is necessary to make changes of address on commercial driver licenses in person. Nevada law compels motorists to inform the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) of a change of residence within 30 days of the relocation, even if they are moving out of the state permanently. It is critical that we have your current mailing address on file since we will be mailing your renewal reminders, as well as notifications of license suspensions, insurance validation requests, and other correspondence.
Real IDTop ↑
In order to use your driver’s license or identity card to board an airplane or attend federal facilities where identification is necessary after May 3, 2023, the federal government will demand that it be Real ID compatible. If you have not yet upgraded to a Real ID, you may want to consider visiting a DMV office to modify your address while also completing the upgrading process. In Nevada, the Real ID Act outlines the standards.
Make sure to select/include your driver’s license as well as your cars in your submission. Make a note of the number(s) on your license plate(s). The addresses of the vehicles are not altered automatically.
|Internet||Change your address online with a MyDMV account. You’ll receive a new license or ID in the mail. You also have the option of ordering duplicate registration certificates.Take a moment to create your account and get access to your license and vehicle records all in one place. MyDMV isaddress changes and much more!Get Started!|
|In Person|| You can complete a change of address in person at anyDMV office. The new license or ID will be mailed to you. Registration Certificates are issued at the office.The fee for an address change only is $3.25. If you are upgrading to a Real ID, the fee is $8.25 for a driver’s license, $7.25 for an ID card or $12.25 for a commercial license. Use the following application for in-person address changes:
Updated Registration Certificates are optional. You may write your new address on the existing certificate. If you wish to order a new certificate and/or license plate decal, the cost is $5 for each vehicle.
|Off-Highway Vehicles OHV address changes are completed and mailed on a separate form. Complete theOHV Change of Address Notification (OHV 010). Do not submit this at a DMV office.|
Registration RenewalTop ↑
If your car registration is due and you need to update your address, you may do it using MyDMV. It takes only a few easy steps to create a MyDMV account, alter your address, and renew your license online. Registration renewals conducted over the Internet or at emission inspection stations are delivered to the vehicle’s registered owner’s address. The Registration Certificate and decal will not be forwarded by the United States Postal Service. A forwarding order with the Postal Service does not result in a change of address with the Department of Motor Vehicles.
You do not require a renewal notification in order to receive an emission inspection or to renew your registration.
Through MyDMV, you may update your address and obtain a duplicate license plate. In addition, you may renew or acquire a replacement decal in person at any DMV location. See the section on Renewal Options.