Process: You have to change your address in person by visiting a local Bureau of Motor Vehicles location. There, you can also get a replacement driver’s license and change the address on your registration. What you’ll need: Your old driver’s license, social security card, birth certificate, and two proofs of address.
How do you change the address on drivers license?
- To change your address on your driver‘s license/ID records online, visit the IL SOS Address Change website. Select “Update your Driver‘s License or ID Card” and provide your: IL driver‘s license or identification card number. Social Security number (SSN). New address.
Do you get a new driver license when you change your address CA?
You can change your residence or mailing address for your California Driver License, Identification Card, vehicle, or vessel. A new driver license, identification card or registration card is not issued when changing your address.
Can I change my address online?
Select the ‘Change address’ button. Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account. Follow the prompts to change your address. You’ll receive an email confirmation after you’ve updated your address.
How much does it cost to change your address on your driver’s license in NY?
How much does a New York change of address cost? It will cost $17.50 to get an updated driver’s license or permit with your new address, and $8 for an non-driver ID card.
What documents do I need to change my address on my Texas drivers license?
What You Need
- A valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)
- The last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Your current Texas driver license or ID card. If you do not have audit number, you will be required to complete additional authentication with an additional fee*
Is it illegal not to change driving Licence address?
Driving licences must be updated. Photocard licences must be renewed every 10 years and the DVLA says 2.4million people are at risk of heavy fines for not updating them on time. Having the wrong details on your licence is an offence.
Do you need a new driver’s license if you move?
Do I need a new driver’s license when I move to a new state? Yes, if you’ve moved across state lines, the rules are a little different, and you’ll need a whole new license. You should make an appointment with the DMV in your new home state to exchange your out-of-state driver’s license as soon as you can after moving.
Is there an easy way to change your address?
Go to USPS.com/move to change your address online. This is the fastest and easiest way, and you immediately get an email confirming the change. There is a $1.10 charge to change your address online. You will need a credit or debit card and a valid email address.
How long does an address change take on driving Licence?
Unless further information is required, your details will be updated within 72 hours of submitting the information online. If you submit your notification by post, it will take up to 5 working days.
What things do I need to change my address on when I move?
Change of Address Checklist
- Royal Mail.
- Insurance Companies.
- Utility Providers.
- The Electoral Role.
- Schools and Education.
- The Local Authority.
- GP and Other Healthcare.
- The Bank.
Can I change my address on my license online in NJ?
You can easily complete your New Jersey DMV change of address online through New Jersey’s Change of Address System. What will I need when I notify the DMV? Act fast — you’ll need to report your change of address within 7 days of your move.
Can I change my address on my driver’s license online in NY?
Refer to this step by step process to update your address:
- Create a MyDMV account. If you already have an account, skip to step 2.
- Sign in to MyDMV.
- Under “DMV Services,” click “Change My Address.”
- Enter the required information.
- Click the “Enter and Verify” button.
- Keep the confirmation email for your records.
Can you have a PO box on your driver’s license in NY?
In New York state you can get a license with a PO Box.
What can I use as proof address?
Proof of Address
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Property Tax Receipt.
- Posted Mail with name of applicant.
- Utility Bill.
- Lease Agreement or mortgage statement.
- Insurance Card.
- Voter Registration Card.
- College Enrollment Papers.
How long do you have to change driver’s license after moving to Texas?
The state requires all new Texas residents switch over their license within 90 days of moving.
How do I change my address on my car registration in Texas?
To change the address on your vehicle record, a completed Address Change Form (VTR-146) will need to be submitted in person to your local county tax office or mailed in to the address listed on the form. Please note, the Title Document field on the form is not required.
Change Your Address
You may update your address online. Changing your address requires printing a custom label (such as a return address label) with your new address and attaching it to the back of your driver’s license, permit, or ID card, which may be found here. You will not get a new license, permit, or identification card in the mail.
Change of Address form can be downloaded and printed (DR2285). Fill out the form and put it in the mail or hand it in to a driving licensing office to be processed. Immediately after filing your request for a change of address, print your own label (for example, a return address label) with your new address on it and attach it to the back of your driver’s license, permit, or identification card. You will not get a new license, permit, or identification card in the mail.
At a Driver License Office
After your visit, stop by a driver licensing office and pick up a paperwork to alter your mailing address. Give the completed form to a representative from the driving licensing office. Immediately after filing your request for a change of address, print your own label (for example, a return address label) with your new address on it and attach it to the back of your driver’s license, permit, or identification card. You will not get a new license, permit, or identification card in the mail.
- Make an attempt to renew your driver’s license or identity card on the internet, if possible. You will be able to purchase a new card with your new address on it
- However, Visit a driving license office and present two proof of address documents that are no more than a year old and include your name and entire physical address in the document. You will need to obtain a new driver’s license, instruction permit, or identity card in order to have your new address stated on your identification card or driving license. You will be given a temporary document to use while your card is being shipped to the address you provided. If you choose, you may also include your mailing address.
Submit a Change of Address Online
It is possible to update the address on your driver’s license (DL) or identity card (ID), as well as on your vehicle or watercraft.
Before you begin…
- Make a note of both your old and new mailing addresses. The most recent registration card, as well as the location where your trailer coach or vessel is located (if applicable), will be required if you want to change the address of your vehicle or vessel.
Are you eligible to change your address online?
- Do not presently possess a California driver’s license or identification card
- Do not possess a social security number (SSN)
- Your residential address is in another state, but you have a commercial driver’s license (CDL) issued by the State of California. Be in possession of an Army Post Office (APO) or a Fleet Post Office (FPO) mailing address Are living in a country other than the United States of America (U.S.)
- Have applied for but have not yet received your REAL ID driver’s license or identification card Possess a rented automobile
- You want to make a modification to the address on your disabled person (DP) identification placard. Although you cannot alter the address for DPplates online, you may do so through the Change of Address system on the website.
Any of the foregoing situations may necessitate the completion of aChange of Address (DMV14)form and mailing it to the address indicated on the form. If you want to update your address, you do not have to come into the office in person.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you merely change your address for one document, the DMV will not immediately update your address across all of your papers. However, if you like, you may make changes to both your driver’s license/identification card and your vehicle/vessel registration at the same time via the online COA system. You may use a PO box as your postal address; but, if your COA contains your driver’s license or identification card, you must include a dwelling address. It is not permitted to use temporary postal addresses.
- You are only permitted to update the address for a maximum of three of your own automobiles.
- If all of the cars have the same address, you can update the address for up to three of them in a single transaction.
- Remember to double-check with your new state to see if they have any special requirements for your driver’s license and/or car registration.
- Maintaining a California commercial driver’s license (CDL) requires you to live in the state.
- No, the Modify of Address system will not allow you to change the address associated with your occupational license.
- Certain records must be handled differently than others.
- The online Change of Address procedure will include the opportunity to register to vote and indicate voter preferences, which will be electronically transmitted to the Secretary of State (SOS) by the DMV (if you are eligible).
If you choose not to have your information forwarded by the DMV, it is your obligation to tell the SOS of your new mailing address. Simply log into the Change of Address System after 72 hours and select “Check Update Status” from the drop-down menu.
How to change your address
- The DMV must be notified within 10 days if you move and you must update your license, permit, nondriver ID, and car records to reflect your new location. Identifying and correcting any errors in your mailing address is essential. Our system automatically updates the title certificate record when you move or alter your address for your car registration.
- You will need to contact the Title Services Bureau at 1-518-486-4714 if the name on your registration record does not exactly match the name on your title certificate. If you need to amend the address on your registration record, you can call the Title Services Bureau at 1-518-486-4714.
- Although it is advised, you are not required to get new DMV paperwork with your new address on them. On the back of your driver’s license, non-driver ID card, or learner permit, as well as on the front of your registration document, you can enter your new address (carefully draw lines through the old address). It is not necessary to indicate the new address on a title certificate since the DMV provides papers and crucial notices to customers through the mail. Use the same mailing address for all of your applications, papers, and transactions
- This will save you time and money.
The U.S. Postal Service does not notify DMV when you change your mailing address
It is not necessary to update your DMV records when you change your mailing address with the United States Postal Service. You must still notify the United States Postal Service and the Department of Motor Vehicles of your address change.
For Traffic Violations Bureau tickets
Changing your address for a Traffic Violations Bureau (TVB) traffic ticket transaction does not affect the address on your driver license, non-driver ID, permit, or vehicle registration records, nor does it affect the address on your driver license or non-driver ID. In the event that you alter the address on your driver license, non-driver identification card, permit, or vehicle registration records, the address on your traffic ticket does not change as a result of the change.
How to update
To access your MyDMV account, you must first log in using your NY.gov ID.
If you do not have a MyDMV account
The information from your most recently issued New York State driving license, learner permit, or non-driver ID card will be required (see sample ID documents). If you have recently lost your document, renewed it, or bought a new one and have not yet gotten it in the mail, you will need to wait until it arrives before you may set up a MyDMV account using your information. (You may still alter your mailing address if you choose.) Create an account with MyDMV.
Send a completedAddress Change (PDF)(MV-232) form toNYS DMV License Production BureauPO Box 2895Albany, NY 12220-0895 to have your license, permit, non-driver ID, and/or the address on your registration(s) changed. If you wish to have your documents replaced, make sure to send money with your request. The Change of Address (MV-232) form contains information on how to make a payment.
It is possible to have various mailing and home addresses on separate picture identification documents. Your mailing address will be displayed on a regular ID card. Your residence address will be displayed on a REAL ID or an Enhanced ID. More information on the various document kinds may be found here.
Change the address on your driver license or ID card
- You have ten days after moving to update your address on your driver’s license or identification card. There are no fees associated with changing your address. In order to acquire a new card with your changed address on it, there is a $20 cost
- It is not possible to alter the address on your driver’s license if you have already changed the address on your car. You’ll have to take care of that independently. See what addresses we have on file by logging in or joining
- Change your mailing address over the internet
- Make a decision on whether or not you want a new card. If necessary, make changes to your vehicle’s address. If necessary, make changes to your Good To Go! account.
1. Change your address online
Change your address online by logging in or joining.
2. Decide if you want a new card
- If this is the case, you may obtain a replacement card by logging into your License eXpress account and changing your address. It will still have your current photograph on it.
- Visiting a driver license office without an appointment is required if you wish to have your photo taken again. It is possible to have your photograph taken for an extra cost. Prepare yourself to wait in line. Check out these helpful hints for visiting a doctor’s office: Offices for driver’s licenses
- If you do not want a new card, you can wait until your license or identification card is renewed. In other words, you won’t have the option of using your card as verification of your new address.
3. Update your vehicle address, if needed
If you haven’t already done so, you may need to update your car registration with your current address.
4. Update your Good To Go! account, if needed
Remember to update your contact information with the Department of Transportation if you have a Good To Go! electronic tolling pass.
- Online:www.wsdot.wa.gov/goodtogo/ 866.936.8246 (toll-free)
- Visits to the office should include the following suggestions: Offices for driver’s licenses
- Make a change to the name shown on your driver’s license or identification card. You may choose to change your name or address: EDL/EID.
Questions? Need help?
Please get in touch with us.
Wisconsin DMV Official Government Site-Change address online
Customers seeking a driving license or identification card can visit any of the DMV locations. The majority of clients may renew their driver’s licenses online. All car transactions must be completed online, over the mail, or through third-party agents. Begin right now to update your Wisconsin residence and/or mailing address on any of the following:
- Licence or identification card for the driver, as well as license plates or registration for the vehicle
To get a driver license or identification card that reflects your new address, submit an application for a replacement driver license or identification card online or in person at a DMV customer service location, along with the applicable cost. Prepare the following items in advance:
- You must provide your Wisconsin driving license number or Wisconsin identity card number. Your Social Security number’s last four digits, as well as your date of birth
Due to routine system maintenance, this service may be unavailable on Sundays between the hours of 6 a.m. and 9 a.m. In the case of CDL holders, your Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP) must display your current address.
If you are qualified, you may apply for a duplicate card online and then alter your address to receive a new card. To submit your application via mail, please use the following address:
- Download and complete the Address Change NoticeMV3058 and mail it to the following address:
Division of Motor VehiclesP.O. Box 7983Madison, WI 53707-7983 Division of Motor Vehicles
We do not accept any address changes sent to us by email. It is necessary to make changes of address on commercial driver licenses in person. Nevada law compels motorists to inform the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) of a change of residence within 30 days of the relocation, even if they are moving out of the state permanently. It is critical that we have your current mailing address on file since we will be mailing your renewal reminders, as well as notifications of license suspensions, insurance validation requests, and other correspondence.
Real IDTop ↑
In order to use your driver’s license or identity card to board an airplane or attend federal facilities where identification is necessary after May 3, 2023, the federal government will demand that it be Real ID compatible. If you have not yet upgraded to a Real ID, you may want to consider visiting a DMV office to modify your address while also completing the upgrading process. In Nevada, the Real ID Act outlines the standards.
Make sure to select/include your driver’s license as well as your cars in your submission. Make a note of the number(s) on your license plate(s). The addresses of the vehicles are not altered automatically.
|Internet||Change your address online with a MyDMV account. You’ll receive a new license or ID in the mail. You also have the option of ordering duplicate registration certificates.Take a moment to create your account and get access to your license and vehicle records all in one place. MyDMV isaddress changes and much more!Get Started!|
|In Person||You can complete a change of address in person at anyDMV office. The new license or ID will be mailed to you. Registration Certificates are issued at the office.The fee for an address change only is $3.25. If you are upgrading to a Real ID, the fee is $8.25 for a driver’s license, $7.25 for an ID card or $12.25 for a commercial license. Use the following application for in-person address changes:|
- English, Spanish, and Tagalog versions of the Application for Driving Privileges or Identification Card (DMV 002)
|Off-Highway Vehicles OHV address changes are completed and mailed on a separate form. Complete theOHV Change of Address Notification (OHV 010). Do not submit this at a DMV office.|
Registration RenewalTop ↑
If your car registration is due and you need to update your address, you may do it using MyDMV. It takes only a few easy steps to create a MyDMV account, alter your address, and renew your license online. Registration renewals conducted over the Internet or at emission inspection stations are delivered to the vehicle’s registered owner’s address. The Registration Certificate and decal will not be forwarded by the United States Postal Service. A forwarding order with the Postal Service does not result in a change of address with the Department of Motor Vehicles.
You do not require a renewal notification in order to receive an emission inspection or to renew your registration.
Through MyDMV, you may update your address and obtain a duplicate license plate.
See the section on Renewal Options.
Change of address
Motor vehicle property tax invoices for cars that have been registered are mailed to you by your local tax appraiser. Tax bills are payable in two installments: January and July. Changing your mailing address increases the likelihood of not receiving your motor vehicle tax bill in a timely way, even if you have submitted a forwarding order with the post office. For example, if you move after or on October 1st (of any year), your motor vehicle tax bill will be issued by the tax assessor who served you at your previous home.
It’s important to double-check with the Tax Collectors in both your previous and new towns if you didn’t get an invoice.
If you do not pay your motor vehicle tax payment on time, you may lose your ability to register your car.
If you have relocated out of state, you must cancel your registration in order to assure that your car is no longer subject to motor vehicle taxes in the state of Connecticut. See the article on how to cancel a registration for more details.
Change Your Address or Name
Arizona law requires all drivers license and identification card holders to notify the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) of any change of residence within 10 days of the change. You can update your address online at AZMVDNow.gov or by contacting us directly. Name, date of birth, and driver’s license or identity card number will all be required information to complete the transaction. Changes of address are completely free. If you require a replacement driver’s license or identification card, there is a $12 fee.
If you do not alter your address within 10 days, you may be subject to a citation from police authorities.
Address Confidentiality Program Participants
It is necessary to complete all transactions in person. Attempts to complete transactions online or over the phone will be refused.
Change Your Name
Arizona law mandates that all drivers license and identity card holders notify the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) within 10 days following a name change. Before your record may be changed, the Motor Vehicle Division must validate your Social Security number. As a result, you must first contact the Social Security Administration online or by phone at 800.772.1213 (toll-free TTY number: 800.325.0778) to obtain information on how to alter your name on their records before proceeding. You must wait two days for the Social Security Administration’s computer system to be updated before visiting anyMVD or Authorized Third Party office and presenting identification in both your current and prior names to receive your new identity.
- Certificate of marriage/license
- Divorce decree
- Certificate of citizenship/naturalization
- Court order
Certified copies must be certified by the organization that issued the original.
Oregon Department of Transportation : Changing Your Address : Oregon Driver & Motor Vehicle Services : State of Oregon
You must inform the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) within 30 days after moving your residence.
Personal Address Change
You have the following options for changing your address: Unless you specify that you do not want your voter registration information altered, your information will be updated. Note: Beginning on January 1, 2020, the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) will no longer supply address stickers for your driving license, permit, or identification card. You will not be required to obtain a replacement card if your mailing address changes. A replacement license or identification card displaying your new address may be obtained by applying and paying for one online or by scheduling an appointment with the appropriate government agency.
- A license or permit costs $26.00, while an identification card costs $39.50.
Business Address Change
Provide the following information on corporate letterhead:
- Previously used address
- Current address
- And signature of the proprietor
Requests for location changes should be sent through fax or postal mail to:
- Customer Database Unit of the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles1905 Lana Ave., Nealem, OR 97314 (503) 947-4007
- Fax: (503) 947-4007
DMV Business Regulation is in charge of dealing with address changes for dealers or dismantlers.
Vehicle Registration Card Address Change
When you move, the Department of Motor Vehicles will not give you a new registration card.
Your old registration card can be changed to reflect your new address, or you can obtain a new registration card by visiting our DMV2U page or by calling 1-877-DMV-2U.
- Filling out anApplication
- Paying the $5 application fee
- And submitting them by mail or in person at your local DMV office.
It is your responsibility to notify the Department of Homeland Security and Safety of any change in address. You must notify the Department of Safety and Homeland Security of any change in your mailing address within 10 days of the change taking effect. The term “physical relocation” refers to a physical move, as opposed to address changes made by the United States Postal Service or your local 9-1-1 Emergency Communications District even if you have not moved physically. We will not get the information if we do not notify the postal authorities.
The law does not need that the address on your real license be changed; rather, it just requires that it be altered on our records.
How to Notify Us of Your Change of Address
Your driver’s license must include your legal residence address. The use of a post office box as a home mailing address will not be permitted. If your name is being changed, you will need to go to a driver service facility to complete the process. e-Services are available online:
- The e-Services site is accessible by clicking here, and the needed information forms may be filled out there. Choose “Change Your Address” from the list of services that are available and follow the prompts to complete the process. Please return to the list of available services and renew your license, or, if you are not within your renewal time, order a duplicate license. If you are not within your renewal term, please contact us for assistance. Once the transaction is complete and all associated fees have been paid, a new license will be mailed to the address on file in your account.
At a Self-Service Kiosk, you may do the following:
- To locate a Self-Service Kiosk in your area, please visit this page. To update your address, follow the on-screen prompts on the kiosk’s screen. Start a new transaction and renew your license, or purchase a duplicate license if you are not inside your license renewal term, if you want your license to reflect the modifications you have made. Once the transaction is complete and all associated fees have been paid, a new license will be mailed to the address on file in your account.
By postal mail: You will need to give the following information in order to have your record updated with your new mailing address via mail:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number
- Social Security number
- And Former residence shown on driver’s license in present state of residence Your new address
- The county in which you have relocated
Additionally, you may obtain a change of address form from any driver service facility. Send an address change notification that contains the above information, as well as a change of address form, to the following address:TN DEPT OF SAFETY AND HOMELAND SECURITYATTN: RECORDS1150 Foster AvenueNashville, Tennessee 37243 After we receive your information, we will update your driving record after about 15 business days of receipt of the information. It is your driving record that is updated with the Department of Safety, not your physical license, when you move your address.
If you are not within your renewal term, please contact us for assistance.
By clickinghere, you may access the e-Services site and fill out the necessary information fields there.
Once the transaction is complete and all associated fees have been paid, a new license will be delivered to the address on file that has been modified.
Change Your Name or Address
If your name has changed as a result of marriage, divorce, or another circumstance, or if you need to change your address, you will need to complete one of the following forms: Forms for Name Change
- Commercial Driver’s License:DL-80CD(PDF), or DL-143CD(PDF) if your license is about to expire in the next six months
- Learning Permit:DL-31(PDF)
- Learner’s Permit:DL-31(PDF)
- A non-commercial driver’s license is obtained by completing DL-80(PDF), or if the license is due to expire within six months, DL-143(PDF) is used to renew it. DL-54B (PDF) is a photo identification card.
A name change for a driver’s license or picture identification card must be performed in person at a Driver License Center before it can be processed. The birth certificate must be sealed with a raised seal if you wish to use your given name as your legal name in the United States. If you have had your name legally changed by a court order, you must submit a Certified Copy of the Court Order. The marriage certificate must be shown if you wish to use your spouse’s surname instead of your own. If you wish to use a different name, you must present your Social Security Card, as well as two other sources that have been issued in the desired name, such as tax records, a Selective Service Card, a Voter Registration Card, a passport, any form of Photo I.D.
Attention: Original papers, such as a court order, marriage certificate, or divorce decision, must be produced in order to be accepted.
citizens are not permitted provided the primary source identification document(s) reflects the new name.
The source ID document(s) are the most recently issued Department of Homeland Security immigration document(s), not a passport, visa, or marriage certificate, and are not required to be in English.
Vehicle/Trailer Registration and Title
Whether it is due to marriage, divorce, or any other cause for changing your name, you will need to submit formMV-41A. (PDF). If you are merely requesting an updated vehicle/trailer registration card, you need only fill out Side A of the registration card request form. If you are obtaining an amended vehicle or trailer title, you should fill out Side B of the form.
Change Your Address
You can update your non-commercial driver’s license or Pennsylvania picture identification card’s address at any time online, with the exception of if you are relocating out of state. Fill out FormDL-82(PDF), “Out of State Exemption,” and submit it to the address on the form in order to have your driver’s license updated with your new residence.
Vehicle/Trailer Registration and Title
Except if you are moving out of state, you can update your address on your vehicle/trailer registration at any time online or by completing formMV-63(PDF), “Change of Address,” which is available online. Please complete out FormMV-8(PDF), “Self Certification for Proof of Residency,” and submit it to the address shown on the form if you have moved and need to update your vehicle registration information. A customer’s voter registration will be automatically updated with the Department of State when they complete the MV-63, unless they want to opt out of this process by ticking the box in Section D.
Changing Your Address on Your DL/Photo ID Card
All of the forms on this page are in PDF format, and you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read and print them. This program is given free of charge, and you can obtain the most recent version by clicking on the ‘Get Acrobat Reader’ icon on the right-hand side of the screen. You can update your non-commercial driver’s license or Pennsylvania picture identification card’s address at any time online, with the exception of if you are relocating out of state. Fill out Form DL-82, “Out of State Exemption,” and submit it to the address on the form in order to have your driver’s license updated with your new residence.
- Commercial Driver’s License:DL-80CD, or DL-143CD if it is due to expire within 6 months:DL-80CD to renew
- A non-commercial driver’s license is issued on Form DL-80, or on Form DL-143 if the license is due to expire within six months.
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS ON YOUR VEHICLE/TRAILER REGISTRATION
Except if you are moving out of state, you can update your address on your vehicle/trailer registration at any time online or by completing formMV-63, “Change of Address,” which is available online. Fill out FormMV-8, “Self Certification for Proof of Residency,” and submit it to the address shown on the form if you want to update your vehicle registration information with your new address.
Change the Address on an Existing Georgia Driver’s License
Address changes from Georgia to Georgia can be submitted online, in person, or using the DDS 2 GO smartphone application. Change of Address from Georgia to Georgia
- Make an appointment with the aDDS Customer Service Center
- Provide the DDS representative with your application, supporting papers, and your new mailing address. Pay any relevant expenses that may be incurred
- Prepare yourself for DDS to take a photograph of you. You will be required to relinquish your current Georgia driver’s license at the time of your interview. Within 2 to 3 weeks, you will receive a temporary paper license that will serve as a temporary replacement until your new permanent license arrives in the mail.
- Log in with your current DDS account or establish a new one by visiting the DDS Online Services Portal. Fill out the application for a change of address
- If any fees are incurred, they must be paid. In addition, if you renew using the Online Services Portal, you will receive a $5 reduction off the specified rates.
- Within 2 to 3 weeks, you will receive your new driver’s license in the mail.
- You may get the DDS 2 GO app for your device from the Apple App Store or Google Play. Log in with a newly created account or with an existing one
- Select the Services option from the menu bar. Select Address Change from the Services drop-down box. Make a selection of the address you’d want to modify and follow the on-screen instructions
- Pay any relevant expenses that may be incurred
- Within 2 to 3 weeks, you will receive your new driver’s license in the mail.
Change information on your driver’s license or ID card
Addressing the issue of change According to state law, you must inform the RMV of a change of residence within 30 days after the move. This can be done over the phone, on the internet, or in person.
Changing your residence address is as simple as going online and writing the new address in permanent ink on the back of your driver’s license or ID card in the space given, or you may have a driver’s license or ID card created for $25 if you are simply changing your address.
To be eligible for a REAL ID driver’s license or ID card, you must provide proof of your legal name change. If your current name does not match the name on your lawful presence document(s), you must provide proof of the legal name change with an acceptable document in order to be eligible for a REAL ID credential. A marriage certificate, divorce decree, or other court document are all acceptable forms of identification. In the case of a Standard driver’s license or identification card, you may alter your name without providing any evidence as long as there is no intent to deceive the system.
If you want to change your gender designation, you must fill out an application and make a reservation at an RMV Service Center beforehand. Your gender will be displayed in the ‘Sex’ section of your credential as either M, F, or X, depending on your preference.
Veterans of the United States Armed Forces who have been honorably discharged may elect to have the term “Veteran” written on their Massachusetts driver’s license or identification card. When you renew your driver’s license or identification card, or when you obtain a duplicate permit, license, or ID card, you can request the veteran’s indication be added. To establish your eligibility, you will need to produce a completed license and identification application as well as one of the following documents:
- One that signifies an honorable discharge
- Only the lengthy form (which is one full page long) is appropriate
- Honorable discharge is indicated by the number DD-215 on the discharge certificate. This is a letter of honorable dismissal.
When you apply for a Massachusetts driver’s license or identification card, you will be given the option to register as an organ and tissue donor as well. The Massachusetts Donor Registry will be created as a result of your registration as an organ and tissue donor with the RMV. This is considered legal permission for donation in the state of Massachusetts. However, you should also inform your family and friends of your decision to become an organ and tissue donor so that they are aware of your intentions.
REAL ID or Standard
- Specify whether you desire a REAL ID driver’s license (which is usable for federal reasons) or a Standard Massachusetts driver’s license (not valid for federal purposes). To make a decision, visit mass.gov/id. It is possible that you will be able to renew your Standard driver’s license online by inputting the information from your legal presence document
- However, this is not guaranteed.
- If you wish to get a REAL ID driver’s license, you must go to an RMV Service Center and show verification of the necessary papers.
- Providing documentation of a legal name change is also required if your name is different from the one on your lawful presence document.
Identifying information such as social security number (1 document) Residency in the state of Massachusetts (2 documents)
- Fill out your application on the internet
- Please remember to bring your needed identification as well as your completed application to your scheduled appointment at an RMV Service Center
Fees for Change information on your driver’s license or ID card
|Driver’s License/ID Amendment Fee||$25||each|
How to change Change information on your driver’s license or ID card
Online, you may update your mailing address and organ donor status information. You will be required to give the following information:
- The last name of the individual
- Date of birth
- A brief biography Driver’s license, learner’s permit, or other government-issued photo identification number Those last four digits of your Social Security number
Call the RMV’s contact center to request an address change, and an RMV specialist will assist you in updating your records. Call (857) 368-8000 for more information. From area codes 339, 617, 781, and 857, or from outside of Massachusetts, call (800) 858-3926 (toll-free). All other Massachusetts area codes are dialed Call (877) 768-8833 if you use a TTY. Deaf or hard-of-hearing individuals (in the state of Massachusetts) may also purchase a duplicate driver’s license or identification card if you wish your card to reflect the change.
Bring your completed application, as well as any required papers and payments, to your scheduled appointment at an RMV Service Center.