How to Request a Replacement DL/ID in an office
- Complete a new DL/ID application. Use our online DL/ID application to apply for a replacement driver’s license, ID card, or commercial driver’s license.
- Gather the required proof documents to show DMV.
- Visit a DMV office to complete the process.
How do I replace my lost drivers license?
How to replace a lost driver’s license
- Step 1: Secure an Affidavit of Loss.
- Step 2: Go to the nearest Regional LTO Branch.
- Step 3: Get and submit the forms.
- Step 4: Pay at the cashier.
- Step 5: Get your license card.
How much is a replacement license in Florida?
You will pay a $25 fee, and you are required to provide proof of legal presence. Please note that the fee will be waived if you filed a police report for a stolen license—just bring a copy of the police report with you to the driver license office.
Can I get a Florida drivers license online?
Go to www.GORENEW.com for on-line Florida driver license or identification card renewals, replacements, or address changes. Certain conditions apply. To make an appointment at a driver license office, please visit our Online Appointment Service and Information System.
How much is a replacement ID in Georgia?
If your license, id, or permit has been lost, stolen, or damaged, you can request a replacement license online, by downloading the DDS 2 GO App, or in-person. Your card can be replaced for $5.00 if you have at least 150 days left on your license and/or ID.
How do I get an affidavit of lost license?
Here are the steps on how to get affidavit of loss for driver’s license:
- With a government ID at hand, such as SSS, TIN, or PhilHealth, proceed to a licensed notary public office.
- Request for an affidavit of loss detailing when the driver’s license was lost as well as how it was lost.
What documents are needed to replace a lost driver’s license in Illinois?
You will need identification that shows:
- Written signature (such as government ID, passport, Social Security card)
- Date of birth (such as birth certificate)
- Social Security number (Social Security card)
- Residency (such as bank statement, insurance policy)
Can I drive in Florida if I lost my license?
If you have had the unfortunate event of losing your driver’s license or having it stolen from you, all is not lost. These steps should be taken immediately, especially if you need to drive, because it is illegal to drive without a current license.
How long does it take to get a replacement drivers license in Florida?
If the department is unable to verify, the customer must follow up with the Social Security Administration. For a list of fees to renew or replace a credential, please visit our fees page. Customers using GoRenew.com will receive their credential in the mail within 7-10 business days from the transaction.
What do I need to get a new Florida license?
Driver’s License Classes and Class E License (18 years and older)
- Proof of identity.
- Proof of Social Security number.
- Proof of residential address.
- Proof of completion of a Traffic Law & Substance Abuse Education Course or license from another state, country, or jurisdiction.
What is the official website for Florida DMV?
You will definitely want to use DMVUSA.com. You can find links to contact the DMV in Florida directly as well as locations near you.
Can I get a driver’s license online?
To get your provisional driving licence you must meet the minimum age and eyesight requirements and live in Great Britain. You can then complete the application form, either online or by ordering a hard copy from the DVLA, provide proof of identity and pay the fee.
How long can I drive in Florida with an out of state license?
If you are not able to provide the necessary documents, you may be issued a 60-day temporary permit, providing your out-of-state license is valid or has been expired for 60 days or less. This will permit you to drive for 60 days while you are obtaining the documents. Also, you can make an appointment.
What do u need to get an ID in Georgia?
All applicants for ID cards must provide proof of identity, proof of U.S. Citizenship or lawful presence, proof of Social Security Number or ineligibility for a Social Security Number, and proof of Georgia residency. See Secure ID Documentation Requirements for further information concerning these requirements.
Does Georgia have digital driver’s license?
Georgia is one of the first states to allow the use of driver’s licenses that are digitally stored onto smartphones, effective next year.
How can I get my state ID online?
You must apply for an original non-driver ID in a DMV office. This cannot be done online, by mail, or by phone.
Renew or Replace Your Florida Driver License or ID Card
Every eight years, customers must renew their Florida driver’s license or identification card. The credential has a date that indicates when it will expire. Driver license holders in Florida can renew their credentials up to 18 months before the expiration date, and ID card holders can renew their credentials up to 12 months before the expiration date if they have one. Drivers can replace their driver license or identification card before it expires if the credential is lost, stolen, or if they need to make a change to their personal information.
- Once every eight years, customers must have their Florida driver’s license or identification card renewed. In addition, the credential has an expiration date. The renewal period for driver licenses and ID cards in Florida is 18 months in advance of the expiration date, with ID card holders having the option to renew 12 months before the expiration date. A driving license or identification card can be replaced before it expires if the credential is lost, stolen, or if the driver’s information has changed significantly. A replacement credential may be required for the following reasons.
Please see ourfees page for a list of the costs associated with renewing or replacing a credential. Our driver license page has further details on the process of acquiring a Floridian driving permit.
At GoRenew.com, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) provides a simple and convenient option to renew your driving license or identification card. GoRenew is able to provide the following services for driver’s license renewal:
- Every alternate renewal season, the state of Florida provides clients with an online convenience renewal service. Check out GoRenew.com to check whether you are qualified for a renewal
- Every other renewal season, the state of Florida offers a convenient online renewal option for its consumers. Check out GoRenew.com to check if you qualify
A customer’s Social Security number must be verified before a credential may be renewed or replaced online, according to the Department of Transportation. If the department is unable to verify the information, the consumer must contact the Social Security Administration for assistance. Please see ourfees page for a list of the costs associated with renewing or replacing a credential. Customers who renew their credentials with GoRenew.com will get their credentials in the mail within 7-10 business days after completing their purchase.
After completing the transaction, customers will get an email confirmation receipt.
Renew in Office
A customer’s Social Security number must be verified before a credential may be renewed or replaced online. If the department is unable to verify the information, the client must contact the Social Security Administration for further assistance. Our fees page contains a list of the fees associated with renewing or replacing a credential. Within 7-10 business days of completing their transaction on GoRenew.com, customers will get their credential through mail. In addition to the total transaction amount, a $2.00 processing charge is imposed.
To have the information forwarded to them, consumers must choose ‘yes’ on the payment confirmation page, provide their email address, and click ‘Send Email Confirmation’.
- Customers’ Social Security numbers must be verified by the department before their credentials may be renewed or replaced online. If the department is unable to verify the information, the client must follow up with the Social Security Administration. Please see ourfees page for a list of costs associated with renewing or replacing a credential. Customers who renew their credentials with GoRenew.com will get their credentials in the mail within 7-10 business days after completing the purchase. A processing charge of $2.00 is added to the total amount of the transaction. Customers can opt to get a confirmation receipt of their transaction through email. Customers must select ‘yes’ on the payment confirmation page, enter their email address, and click ‘Send Email Confirmation’ in order for the information to be delivered to them.
Please see our What to Bring page for more information on what to bring when renewing or replacing a credential.
Replace your Driver’s License or ID Card
The What To Bring page provides detailed information on what to bring when renewing or replacing a credential.
How to replace a license or permit
Please see our What To Bring page for more information on what to bring when renewing or replacing a credential.
- It was misplaced, stolen, or destroyed
- You changed your mailing address
- You will be 21 in a few months: If you replace your license more than 40 days before your 21st birthday, your license will still have the words “UNDER 21” displayed on it. If you renew your license less than 40 days before your 21st birthday, your license will not have the words “UNDER 21” printed on it.
Please keep in mind that if you replace your document, you will be charged a replacement fee.
- You will not be required to take a vision (eye) exam, and your expiration date and ID number will remain unchanged.
Ways to replace
When replacing your Standard ID, you can choose whether to upgrade to an enhanced or REAL ID, or whether to preserve your Standard ID. Your document type will remain the same for the time being. Online replacement is available.
It is possible to replace your Standard ID by mail if you already have an enhanced or REAL ID or choose to preserve your Standard ID. Your document type will remain the same for the time being. Fill out anApplication for Permit, Driver License, or Non-Driver ID Card (PDF) and submit it to the DMV (MV-44) It should be returned with the following information: (if you do not know your DMV ID number, put your date of birth and name as it was on your previous document)
- Photocopies of valid identification documentation
- Payment of $17.50 (by check or money order made payable to “Commissioner of Motor Vehicles”)
To send a letter, send it to the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles at 207 Genesee Street, Suite 6Utica, NY 13501-2874.
At an office and get an Enhanced or REAL ID
Beginning in May 2023, you will be required to provide an Enhanced or REAL ID in order to board a domestic aircraft (unless you have a passport). Obtain an Enhanced or REAL ID card. It is not necessary to get an Enhanced or REAL ID. To have a Standard document type replaced, you must go to a DMV office.
- Your current ‘Standard’ New York State driver’s license (unless you’ve misplaced it)
- Your social security number
- Fill out and submit theApplication for Permit, Driver License, or Non-Driver ID Card (PDF)(MV-44)
- Payment is accepted in the form of a credit/debit card, a cheque or money order made payable to the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles
See the DMV’s location, procedures, and reservation information by clicking on the link below.
Fees and payment
The price is $17.50 per person. In the case of applications submitted over the mail or in person at a DMV office, you can pay with a credit/debit card, as well as a check or money order made payable to the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles. To submit an online application, you must use a credit or debit card. The following are acceptable to the DMV:
- Cards accepted by the company include the American Express® Card, Discover Card®/Novus®, MasterCard®, MasterCard® Debit card without a personal identification number (PIN), VISA® Card, Visa Debit Card without a personal identification number (PIN), and VISA Debit Card with a personal identification number (PIN).
You must obtain form MV-78B from a law enforcement agency in order to receive a free replacement for a driver license or learner permit that has been stolen or lost as a result of a crime. This form is only accessible through police departments, not from the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Address and mailing information
We will send the papers to the address that we have on file at the time of the order being placed. If you have relocated, you must first update your mailing address before ordering a replacement. Please keep in mind that your mailing and home addresses may be different. If you have a regular license, your postal address will be displayed on the license. If you have a REAL ID or an Enhanced license, your residence address will be displayed on the card. More information on the various licensing kinds may be found here.
We will mail you your document
Your new license will be sent within 10 business days of ordering it. You may check the progress of your mailing online. If it has been more than 2 weeks since you renewed your membership, please contact us for assistance.
Please supply us with the postal address that is presently on file, or an alternate mailing address if one is provided. See How to Verify or Modify Your Address for information on how to verify or change your address.
When ordering by mail or in person at a DMV office, you have the option of specifying that your replacement document be sent to an address other than the one shown on your original document. If you’re sending anything by mail, attach an additional note with the other address plainly printed on it. It is not necessary to write the alternative address on form MV-44. The postal address that you enter on form MV-44 must match the address that appears on your picture ID and on your DMV record, otherwise the form will not be accepted.
It is possible to have the term “Veteran” placed in the upper left corner of your picture document if you are a qualified former member of the United States military who was honorably discharged. Learn how to obtain the veteran designation on your driver’s license. We appreciate your service and ask that you go to our military resources for further information on renewing your service if you are currently serving in the military.
Change my name or make other changes
You will need to visit a DMV office if you want to modify your name or any other non-address information (photo, height, or to add or remove corrective glasses). See how to make changes to your name or other personal data. See the DMV’s location, procedures, and reservation information by clicking on the link below.
How to replace if you are out of the country
When traveling outside of the country, you must replace your driver’s license through the mail. Please input your information.
- A completedApplication for Permit, Driver License, or Non-Driver ID Card (PDF)(MV-44)
- Payment of $17.50
- And a completedApplication for Non-Driver ID Card (PDF)(MV-44).
In addition, we urge that you include a pre-addressed priority mail return envelope with your application as an added precaution (this will help ensure that we send your license to the correct address).
Temporary visitors and international students who have a REAL ID
You can replace your driver’s license online, in the mail, or in person as long as the Temporary Visitor status that the DMV has on file has not been cancelled or expired. Upon receiving notification from the Immigration and Naturalization Service that your Temporary Visitor status has been extended, you must visit a DMV office with your updated papers (INS). We will make the necessary changes to our records to reflect that your Temporary Visitor status has been extended, allowing you to replace your driver’s license.
How to Replace your Driver License, Commercial Driver License or ID Card
The Online Card Replacementfeature may be used if you need to receive a replacement without changing any of the information on the front of the card. You must have the following information to utilize the feature, however:
- The number on your driver’s license or identity card
- Your date of birth
- Your gender
- Those final four digits of your social security number, as well as the audit number on your most recently issued identification card
You will be needed to provide extra verification information if you do not have the audit number from your most recently issued card and wish to utilize theOnline Card Replacementfeature. This additional verification information comprises the following:
- Your first and last names as they appear on your most current driver’s license or identification card
- Your current mailing address as it appears on your most recent driver’s license or identification card, as well as
- Providing answers to four distinct security questions
The Online Card Replacement service is available to non-US citizens, however the Online Card Renewal service is not. If you are currently outside of the state, please see Out-of-State Renewal or Replacement for information on how to replace your driver license or identity card while you are away. If your driver’s license has been lost, stolen, or destroyed, and you do not have the information mentioned above, you must go to your local driver licensing office to receive a replacement driver license card.
When visiting your local driver licensing office to apply for a replacement driver license, commercial driver license, or identification card, you must complete the following steps:
- Complete the application before to your arrival. In addition, all driver licensing offices have this paperwork on hand.) Make an appointment with the driving licensing office in your area. The following paperwork should be provided to the licensing and permit specialist:
- Replacement of the application, as well as identification (just one primary, secondary, or supporting document is necessary)
- The following paperwork will also be required if you have not already submitted it:
- Citizenship in the United States alternatively, if you are not a citizen of the United States, proof of authorized residence in the country, as well as your Social Security number
- Please submit your thumbprint. Take a photograph of yourself
- Make payment for the application cost.
* You can find your audit number on your driver’s license or identity card by looking at it like this:
Report Stolen Cards
It is necessary to register a police complaint if your driver’s license or identity card has been stolen and is being used by someone else. To replace your stolen card, complete the steps outlined in the replacing your card section of this guide and bring a copy of your police report along with you. When the driver license office officials analyze your case, they will assess whether or not it is required to issue a new number to you. For additional information on preventing and combating identity theft, please see the website of the Texas Attorney General.
For further information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions on Lost or Stolen Driver’s Licenses and Identification Cards.
Driver licenses issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety are valid for up to eight years and are only available to citizens of Texas. Driver License offices are situated around the state and are only open by appointment. Services are not available on weekends or holidays. Examine this page to see if you must physically visit an office to obtain your driver’s license, or if you fulfill the requirements to complete your transaction online.
Was it ever brought to your attention that most Texas driving licenses (DLs) and identification cards (IDs) can be renewed for up to two years before and after their expiration date? Did you know that you may replace or update your address or emergency contacts on your driver’s license, commercial driver’s license, identification card, or motorcycle license without having to visit a driver licensing office? You may also be able to renew your driver’s license, commercial driver’s license, or identification card online.
You can also complete a DL or ID transaction over the phone or in the mail.
Identification Card Services
Individuals residing in Texas can get identity (ID) cards that are valid for up to six years from the Texas Department of Public Safety. They are official identification cards that are used to verify a person’s identify in a variety of situations. It is important to note that you cannot have both a driver’s license and an identification card.
Commercial Driver License Services
It is possible to obtain a Commercial Driver License (CDL) that allows you to operate a commercial motor vehicle or combination of commercial motor vehicles for the transportation of persons or property. A Commercial Driver License application should be approached with the understanding that it is a professional license with additional testing requirements than other licenses. To find out more about the prerequisites for obtaining a CDL, click here.
How Can We Help?
The Texas Department of Public Safety is devoted to making the process of obtaining a driver’s license faster, easier, and more enjoyable.
Customers frequently question about the following topics, which you may find by selecting them from the drop-down menu.
Replace a lost or stolen license, id or permit
Obtaining a new license can be done online, by using the DDS 2 GO App, or in person if you have misplaced, stolen, or damaged your driver’s license, identification card, or permit. If you have at least 150 days left on your driver’s license and/or identification card, you can get it changed for $5.00. It is mandatory to renew your license and pay the renewal cost if your license expires in fewer than 150 days from the day it was issued. Please allow up to 30 days for the delivery of your new or replacement driver’s license.
Replace online or download the DDS 2 Go Mobile App
Obtaining a new license can be done online, by using the DDS 2 GO App, or in-person if your license, id, or permit has been stolen, lost, or destroyed. If you have at least 150 days left on your license and/or ID, you can get a replacement card for $5.00. Unless your license expires in fewer than 150 days, you will be required to renew your license and pay the appropriate fees to the Department of Transportation. Expect delivery of your new or replacement license to take up to 30 days or more.
- You must only possess an ordinary, non-commercial driver’s license, identification card, or permit. If your license has been suspended, cancelled, or revoked, the only thing you can do is change your ID card or Limited Permit
- Otherwise, you have no options. You must be a legal resident of Georgia
- You must be a citizen of the United States
- You must have a Real ID document like your current license, identification card, or permit. (A gold or black star should be printed in the upper right-hand corner of the page.)
Sign in or register for an online account.
Login or Create Online Account
We ask that you bring the following items to one of our Customer Service Centers if you wish to do so:one (1)ORIGINAL OR CERTIFIED DOCUMENT from CATEGORY A. (There will be no copies or faxes.) A total of two (2) DOCUMENTS from CATEGORY B Please keep in mind that the name on your document must match the name on your driver’s license, and that all documents must be in English. License replacement paperwork that must be submitted
- Category A – (1 document) – the document must be an original or certified copy.
- Valid U.S. Passport or Passport Card (if expired, it must be less than 10 years old)
- US Birth Certificate, Amended or Delayed Birth Certificate – Original or certified copy
- Valid U.S. Passport or Passport Card (if expired, it must be less than 10 years old) (Includes U.S. territories and the District of Columbia). Observation – A birth certificate, or “Keepsake” birth certificate, that can be confirmed by the Georgia Department of Public Health’s Vital Records system, may be recognized as proof of citizenship. If you are presently enrolled, a photocopy from any state may be accepted. Consular Report of Birth in a Foreign Country. Form FS-240, DS-1350, or FS-545
- Expired Georgia driver’s license, permit, or identity card
- Expired Georgia interim
- Expired Georgia driver’s license, permit, or identification card Permanent Resident Card that is valid and has not expired. Form I-551
- Employment Authorization Document that is valid and has not expired (EAD). Application for asylum in the United States (Form I-766 or Form I-688B)
- Valid, valid Foreign Passport with U.S. visa affixed, accompanied by the approved I-94 form showing the applicant’s most recent admission into the United States
- Form N-550 or N-570, Certificate of Naturalization
- Form N-560 or N-561, Certificate of Citizenship
- N-550 or N-570, Certificate of Naturalization
- N-560 or N-561, Certificate of Citizenship
- N-560 or N-561
- Category B – (2 papers) -both documents must be originals or certified copies of the same document
- A document that is original or certified must be included in Category B (a total of two pieces of documentation).
- Category B – (2 papers) -the document must be an original or certified copy
Want to Change your License Number?
The Department of Driver Services (DDS) can only update a driver’s license or identification number in the following circumstances:
- A driver’s license or identification number can only be changed under the following circumstances:
SOS – Replacing/Correcting
DDS can only modify a driver’s license or identification number if the following requirements are met:
Replace your license or instruction permit
For $20, you can replace a driver’s license or instruction permit that has been lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- You should receive your replacement within 2-4 weeks. Please phone 360.902.3900 (TTY: call711) if you have not received it within 30 days
- We will mail it to the address that we have on file for you. If it has to be changed, the first step is to update your address. Licenses and ID cards cannot be sent to a different address
- The license or ID card you get will have the same horizontal or vertical format and photo as the one you’re replacing
- We will, however, replace your vertical card with a horizontal format if you are over 21 and have a vertical card.
- You have the option of ordering a replacement up to three times each year. Other limitations may apply
- Please check the section below for further information. Your temporary license/ID will not contain your photo and will not be valid for identification purposes.
You have options:
- Replace online without the need to create an account. If you are unable to recall the number on your card, select this option. If you already have an account with replace online, sign in with it.
If any of the following apply, you will be unable to obtain a replacement online:
- It will expire in three months, so please renew it instead. Your driver’s license or permit is no longer valid
- You’ve relocated out of state. You have changed your name from the one that is displayed on your driver’s license. Your record indicates that you have one or more of the following characteristics:
- Suspended or revoked license due to nonpayment of traffic penalties or unpaid reissuance fee. Suspended, revoked, or cancelled license due to nonpayment of traffic fines or nonpayment of reissuance fee.
|Pay with your:||For online services||For licensing office|
|CheckMake checks payable “Department of Licensing”||Yes||Yes|
|Visa– credit/debit||Yes *||Yes – at most offices **|
|MasterCard– credit/debit||Yes *||Yes – at most offices **|
|American Express– credit/debit||Yes *||Yes – at most offices **|
|Discover– credit/debit||No||Yes – at most offices **|
When you make an online payment with a credit or debit card, we will charge you a 3 percent fee beginning January 1, 2020. You can also pay online using your bank account details without incurring any additional fees. * Some of our offices take credit and debit cards, while others do not. There is a fee charged by our card payment vendor.
- A $2.25 convenience charge is added if you pay with a debit card. A $3.00 convenience fee is added if you pay with a credit card.
- If your transaction total is $75 or less, you will be charged $2.25
- If your transaction total is more than $75, you will be charged 3 percent of your transaction total.
Other options to replace your card:
- Visiting a driver license office is strictly by appointment only. Change of address form for the State of Washington Driver License/ID Card mailed to us
- We will not issue a confirmation.
Your temporary will not feature your photo and will not be able to be used for identifying purposes.
- Replace a misplaced EDL/EID
- Replace a misplaced ID card Obtaining a new driver’s license
- Fraud or crimes involving one’s identity
- Visits to the office should include the following suggestions: Offices for driver’s licenses
Questions? Need help?
Please contact us at 360.902.3900. (TTY: Call711)
Official NCDMV: Replacement & Duplicate License
Before You Start, Consider the Following: You may complete several services in a single safe transaction with the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles, which makes use of an online service called PayIt. PayIt charges a $3 fee every online transaction, which it leverages to offer higher-quality services more effectively while incurring no upfront fees for the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles.
The State of North Carolina does not collect or get any benefit from the transaction fee in any way. More information about PayIt and how to utilize the service may be found by reading some frequently asked questions (FAQs).
Ready to Get a Replacement/Duplicate License or ID?
Individuals who meet the following criteria can purchase a replacement or duplicate driver license or identification card online or at a North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles driver licensing office:
- Their driver’s license has been misplaced or stolen
- Their license has been destroyed or rendered illegible. Their physical location has changed
- Their name has changed (just for the driver’s license office)
Make an Appointment
By scheduling an appointment online, you may avoid the long lines at driver licensing offices. If you are unable to locate a suitable appointment time, please keep checking back as new open appointments are posted on a daily basis to the system.
The person ordering a duplicate driver license or ID card online must have a valid license (with the “active” status) or valid ID card, as well as a photo on file with the NCDMV that is no more than five years old, in order to be eligible. Individuals who fulfill any of the following requirements must contact a driver license office of the North Carolina Department of Transportation:
- Has a suspended license or an outstanding debt with the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles
- A duplicate commercial driver’s license with a P or S endorsement is being sought by the applicant. Has a paperwork from the United States government proving lawful presence
- Interested in obtaining a North Carolina REAL ID license
An individual has 60 days to inform the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles of a name change and to obtain a duplicate driving license that reflects their new name. Learn more about renaming your vehicle with the NCDMV.
Replace your driver’s license
Login links are available on this page.
Registry of Motor Vehicles
The quickest and most convenient method to order a replacement is to do it online. You will be required to give the following information:
- Name, date of birth, and place of birth Your ID number or the last four digits of your Social Security Number are required. Payment information
- Email address
Fees for Replace your driver’s license
|Driver’s License Replacement Fee||$25||each|
How to replace Replace your driver’s license
The internet is the quickest and most convenient method of replacing your driver’s license. You will require the following items:
- Last name
- The last four digits of your social security number or the number on your driver’s license
- Email address
- Fees that may be charged
To seek a replacement driver’s license, you can contact the RMV’s Contact Center via phone. Call (857) 368-8000 for more information. From area codes 339, 617, 781, and 857, or from outside of Massachusetts, call (800) 858-3926 (toll-free). All other Massachusetts area codes are dialed Call (877) 768-8833 if you use a TTY. For those who are deaf or hard of hearing (in Massachusetts), you will need to provide the following information:
- Both the first and last names
- Date of birth
- A brief biography Those last four digits of your Social Security number Fees that are applicable
At this moment, replacement licenses are not available at RMV Service Centers, according to the RMV. If you are a member of AAA, you may, however, make a reservation to get your driver’s license replaced at one of their locations. To arrange an appointment, go to www.aaa.com/appointments.
More info for Replace your driver’s license
RMV Service Centers do not currently provide replacement licenses, according to the RMV. Members of the American Automobile Association (AAA) can make an appointment to have their driver’s license replaced at a AAA facility. If you’d like to arrange an appointment, please go to AAAA.com/appointments.
Contact for Replace your driver’s license
When the existing product is lost, stolen, mutilated, or never received, a duplicate Pennsylvania Non-Commercial Driver’s License is granted to the individual who applied for it. If PennDOT has your photo and signature on file, you can apply for a duplicate non-commercial license online if PennDOT has your photo and signature on file. When your application is complete, you will be able to print a temporary driver’s license that will be valid for 15 days while your duplicate driver’s license is being processed and shipped to your home address.
Remember that if you have outstanding sanctions in another state(s), PennDOT will not be able to provide you a driver’s license product in that state. You may also check out the National Driver Register Fact Sheet for additional details! (PDF).
Complete FormDL-80(PDF), “Non-Commercial Driver’s License Application to Change, Correct, or Replace,” and submit it to the DMV. Step 2: Make a check or money order payable to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation for the appropriate charge. The application and a cheque or money order should be mailed to PennDOT, PO Box 68272, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17106-8272. Step 4:If your photograph is already on file, you will be issued a duplicate Non-Commercial Driver’s License that will include your current photo as well.
If you receive a camera card, you will need to go to a photo facility to have a photo taken for your Non-Commercial Driver’s License photo taken.
To get a duplicate Non-Commercial Driver’s license, you must complete theDL-80(PDF) form and submit it to an Online Messenger Service or a Driver License Center.
In this way, you will be able to keep a genuine product in your possession until PennDOT completes the duplicate order processing.
Replacing Your Commercial Driver’s License
Complete FormDL-80(PDF), “Non-Commercial Driver’s License Application to Change, Correct, or Replace,” and submit it to the DMV. Step 1: Pay the necessary charge with a cheque or money order made payable to PennDOT in Step 2. The application and a check or money order should be mailed to PennDOT, PO Box 68272, Harrisburg, PA 17106-8272. Step 3: You will be issued a duplicate Non-Commercial Driver’s License with your current picture if your image is already on file. Alternatively, if no photograph is on file, a camera card will be shipped to the address on file with the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
In order to renew a driver’s license or identity card, PennDOT employs state-of-the-art facial recognition technology while taking a photo of the person.
If the consumer requests an interim license, the messenger service might provide him with one that is good for 15 days.
Please keep in mind that there may be a price for using these services through a messenger service.
Complete FormDL-80CD(PDF), “Application for Change, Correction, or Replacement of Commercial Driver’s License,” and submit it to the Department of Transportation. Step 2: Make a check or money order payable to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation for the appropriate charge. The application and a cheque or money order should be mailed to PennDOT, PO Box 68272, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17106-8272. Step 4:If your photograph is already on file, you will be issued a duplicate Commercial Driver’s License that will include your current photo.
If you acquire a camera card, you must go to a photo facility to obtain a duplicate Commercial Driver’s License, unless you have a special exception.
When an individual’s photo is taken for the purpose of renewing their driver’s license or identity card, PennDOT employs state-of-the-art facial recognition technology. Step 5: You may go to a Driver License Center and submit theDL-80CD(PDF) form to obtain a duplicate license.
Replacing Lost Licenses
For those who have lost, stolen, or damaged their driver’s license, you may be eligible for a replacement on the internet. The expiration date of the original issued license does not alter as a result of obtaining a replacement license. Please see our Online Services menu for information on obtaining a replacement license through the Internet. A replacement may also be obtained by submitting an application in person at any driver service facility. It is only in person at a driver service center that you may apply for a duplicate temporary license or certificate for driving if your temporary license or certificate for driving has been lost, stolen, or otherwise damaged.
You must give the following information:
- Confirmation of evidence of identification is required. and
- Documentation of changes (except than those necessary to repair clerical errors) in the name, date of birth, or gender of a driver’s license, temporary license, or certificate for driving holder
If Your Commercial Driver License is Lost or Stolen
You must give the following information:
- Two proofs of residence in Tennessee
- Confirmation of evidence of identification
- And Documentation of changes (other than those necessary to repair clerical errors) in a driver’s license, temporary license, or certificate for the driving holder’s name, date of birth, or gender are required.
- A commercial driver’s license (CDL) duplicate costs $12 dollars, and subsequent CDL duplicates cost $16 dollars. The first duplicate costs $8 dollars, and subsequent duplicates cost $12 dollars.
With the exception of temporary licenses, if your lost license will expire within the next 12 months, you may opt to renew it rather than just obtain a duplicate, if the license will expire within the next 12 months. It is necessary to renew your license if your current license is slated to expire in less than six (6) months. You may discover the driver service center location that is closest to you by visiting ourDriver Service Center Locations page.
Replacing a Driver’s License Learner’s Permit or Identification Card
Any time after your card has been created and shipped to you, you can perform a remote replacement for your driver’s license, learner’s permit, Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), and identity card (ID card) on myBMV.com. Please keep in mind that you can only replace a driver’s license, learner’s permit, commercial driver’s license, or identity card online a total of ten times before you must visit a BMV location. When you request a replacement, you will receive a card that is an identical replica of the one that was most recently given to you.
Prior to submitting your online replacement card application, you must first change your mailing address online.
- The number on their driver’s license
- The last four digits of their Social Security number
- And their legal ZIP code
Customers who renew or replace their license plates online using their myBMV account are also eligible to register to vote. Once the transaction has been completed and the applicant has signed out of their myBMV account, they may proceed to the online voter registration link that has been issued to them. In order to vote, the applicant must first register on the Election Commission’s website, which they may do by clicking on the link above.
- Replacement of a driver’s license or learner’s permit on the internet is possible if the following requirements are met:
- The applicant possesses an operator’s license, which may or may not include a motorcycle or for-hire endorsement. The applicant possesses a commercial driver’s license (CDL) with or without a motorcycle or for-hire endorsement, and there are no pending endorsements or limitations. The applicant is a citizen of the United States of America. Neither the applicant’s name nor his or her residence address have been altered. Neither the driver’s license nor the identification card have expired. Restriction J* is not present in the applicant’s record, nor are Restrictions 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9 present.
* Learner’s permits with a J limitation for Driver’s Education (DE) permits alone are eligible to be changed using the online system.
- * Learner’s permits with a J limitation for Driver’s Education (DE) permits alone are eligible to be changed using the online system. *
- An applicant can only replace a driver’s license or learner’s permit online a total of ten times before a visit to a branch is necessary to complete the process. Online replacement of a driver’s license or learner’s permit is possible. It is possible to change your ID card online if you satisfy the following requirements: The United States of America recognizes you as a citizen.
- You have not had your name, residence address, or any other personal information altered in any way. Your identity card has not expired
- It is still valid. Your previous photograph has been saved
- Restriction numbers 3, 7, and 9 do not apply to your record.
When You Must Visit a BMV Branch to Replace
- It is possible that some applicants will be unable to renew or replace their cards online because their residence address, township, or zip code has changed, or because they have updated some other information with the BMV after their previous card was issued. Changing your name or residence address will need a trip to the bank’s branch office in order to update your license.
Replacing a License If You Are Away From Indiana
If your Indiana driver’s license, learner’s permit, commercial driver’s license, or identification card is lost or stolen while you are out of the state, you may be able to obtain a 30-day interim credential that will allow you to return to Indiana and obtain a replacement credential for the lost or stolen document. The Interim/Extension License or Military Extension Letter – State Form 54580 must be completed and submitted to the address indicated on the form in order to get a 30-day interim credential.
For military personnel who are temporarily stationed outside of Indiana while serving in the armed forces, your driver’s license is valid for 90 days after you are released from active duty.
Depending on your situation, you may qualify for online renewal or replacement. After you have been discharged, you must go to a BMV branch and present proof of your discharge in order to renew your expired driving privileges. Learn more about the services provided by the BMV to military families.
Replacement License, Permit and State ID Cards
If you are in need of a replacement, you may get one online.
- Be in possession of a valid Class O (car) license, a CDL (commercial driver’s license), a Class M (motorcycle) license, or a state identification card Have not had your name altered after your last driver’s license or state identification card was issued
- Not more than two replacements have been procured in the last five years
- It is possible that further exclusions will apply
- For more information, consult the online FAQs.
You must apply for a Learner’s Permit, School Permit, or Provisional Permit in person at a Driver Licensing Office if you require one of these types of permits.
Get your Replacement at the DMV
You can also obtain a replacement driver’s license at any Driver Licensing Office. A citizen who wishes to apply for a replacement driver’s license, permit, or state identification card must present the following documents: Once your application has been processed, and you have made your fee payment, the County Treasurer or Driver License Service Center will provide you a receipt that is valid for 30 days, along with driving privileges if applicable. Your driving license, permit, or State ID Card will be mailed to you within 14 business days of submitting your application.
Following the issuance of a replacement document, the previously issued document is become null and void and cannot be used as identification.
If a citizen lives outside of Nebraska at the time of application, he or she may be able to get a replacement license, permit, or State ID Card over the mail. Remember that if you need to have a Learner’s Permit, School Permit, Provisional Permit, Commercial License, or Commercial Permit changed, you must go to a Driver Licensing Office in person and submit your application. Those with questions about replacement licenses, permits, or state identification cards should send an email to the address shown below or call the office at (402) 471-3861.
Duplicate License or ID
The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is currently providing new designs for driver’s licenses, identification cards, and driver’s abstracts (DACs). Take a look at the samples under Real ID in the section below.
Ordering OptionsTop ↑
Duplicate cards will be shipped to you, and they will include your existing photo. At DMV offices, they are not available for purchase over the counter. Fee information may be found atFees.
If you have a MyDMV account, you may order a duplicate by logging in. If you do not have the information necessary to set up a MyDMV account, you should come in person to place your purchase. Duplicate License or ID Card Ordering Online (MyDMV) There are several restrictions:
- In order to qualify, the card must not expire within the next 60 days. An instruction permit, a driver’s license, or a DAC cannot be suspended or revoked. It is not known whether the license holder’s residence has changed since the license was last granted. It is necessary to order commercial license copies in person at aCDL Office. Please have a look at theReal ID information provided below. It is possible that you will want to upgrade to a Real ID if you order your copy in person
- Assuming you have not already done so.
If you are temporarily residing outside of Nevada, please let us know by contacting us.
Make an appointment at one of the DMV’s bigger offices. Complete the application as far ahead as possible. If you have not yet upgraded to a Real ID, please refer to the information provided in the section below. DMV 002: Application for Driving Privileges or Identification Card: English|Spanish|Tagalog
Make an appointment at one of the DMV’s bigger locations. Prior to starting, complete the application. If you have not yet upgraded to a Real ID, please see the information provided below. (DMV 002): Request for Driving Privileges or Identification Card English|Spanish|Tagalog
|These are new designs rolled out in 2021. SeeDriver License Designsfor the older versions.|
Homeless and Released Prisoner Fee ExemptionsTop ↑
People who are 25 years old or older The Department has the authority to waive the charge for homeless individuals 25 years of age and older who wish to get a duplicate Nevada driver’s license or identification card.
For duplicates, this is a one-time exception that applies just once. It is necessary to submit your application in person at a DMV office and complete the declarationform.
If you are employed at the time of your next normal renewal, you may be required to refund the Department for the $3.25 photo fee that was charged to you at the time of your previous renewal. The fee exemption does not apply to the following situations:
- If you are employed at the time of your next regular renewal, you may be required to refund the Department for the $3.25 photo fee that was charged to you. There are certain exceptions to the fee waiver.
Under25 Years of Age
The Department of Motor Vehicles is permitted to waive the charge for homeless individuals under the age of 25 who wish to get an original, renewal, or duplicate Nevada driver’s license or identification card. This is a one-time exception to the rule. This must be done in person at a DMV office, along with the completion of the required declaration form. You are not obligated to refund any expenses that were waived as a result of this exemption.
Persons who have been released from prison or imprisonment within the last 90 days are eligible to have the $18.25 duplication charge waived by the Department. You must provide formal evidence confirming your release date from the Nevada Department of Corrections, its counterpart in another state, or a local jail in order to qualify. This is a one-time exception that is only applicable to duplicates. It is necessary to submit an application in person at a DMV office, where you must complete the request form and produce verification of your release date.
- Request for Waiver of Duplicate Fees – Prisoners Who Have Been Released (DP 190)
If you are employed at the time of your next regular renewal, you may be required to refund the Department for the $3.25 photo fee that was charged to you at the time of the renewal. The fee exemption does not apply to the following items:
- New citizens who are receiving their first Nevada driver’s license or identification card
- Any costs or obligations related with a license suspension or revocation
- And any other fees or requirements that may arise. Licenses for commercial use
For information on new licenses and renewals, see the DMV 013: Released Prisoner or Inmate Driver’s License and Identification Card Information (DMV 013).