What documents are needed to replace a license?
- To replace your license you’ll need to provide a couple different forms of identification. These documents are referred to as primary and secondary forms of identification. The primary form must show proof of your name and date of birth. One of the forms of ID must provide your Social Security Number.
How do I replace my lost drivers license?
How to replace a lost driver’s license
- Step 1: Secure an Affidavit of Loss.
- Step 2: Go to the nearest Regional LTO Branch.
- Step 3: Get and submit the forms.
- Step 4: Pay at the cashier.
- Step 5: Get your license card.
What do I need to get a replacement Arkansas drivers license?
Documents needed to get your Arkansas Drivers License
- Proof of Identity (Primary Documents) A few examples: Drivers License with photo. Birth Certificate.
- Secondary Item. A few examples: School ID or Work ID with photo. Vehicle registration.
- Social Security.
- Proof of Legal Presence. A few examples: US Passport.
How much is a replacement ID in MD?
To apply online or at a MVA Kiosk, you will need your Driver’s License number, Date of Birth, and the last four digits of your Social Security number or your MVA PIN number. The cost for a duplicate license is $20. You should receive your license in the mail to your address on file within 4-6 business days.
What do I need to replace a lost driver’s license in Michigan?
When replacing a license at a branch office, you will need to provide identification, such as a certified birth certificate, U.S. or Canadian passport, marriage license or photo identification card issued by a Michigan government agency. More than one document may be required.
How do I get an affidavit of lost license?
Here are the steps on how to get affidavit of loss for driver’s license:
- With a government ID at hand, such as SSS, TIN, or PhilHealth, proceed to a licensed notary public office.
- Request for an affidavit of loss detailing when the driver’s license was lost as well as how it was lost.
How do I make an appointment online LTO?
To get started, visit www.LTO.net.ph to secure an appointment. You can either schedule an appointment for the renewal of your driver’s license online or the renewal of your motor vehicle registration.
What documents are needed for real ID in Maryland?
The Real ID Core Four are the four documents you’ll need to verify who you are and where you live. One Proof of Age and Identity, One Proof of Social Security and TWO Proofs of Maryland residency. Don’t leave for your MDOT MVA visit without them! NEW: MDOT MVA may already have social security documents on file!
How long to get a duplicate license in Maryland?
Please visit mva.maryland.gov for specific information. Another alternative is to use our MVA KIOSK terminals located at any MVA location near you. All duplicate noncommercial licenses or ID cards processed by these methods will be mailed to you. You should receive your duplicate within 10 business days.
What documents are needed for a Maryland state ID?
A Social Security Card, W-2 form (not more than 18 months old), or SSA-1099 form (not more than 18 months old) Two proofs of Maryland physical address, such as vehicle registration, insurance card, bank statement, credit card or utility bill or mail from a federal, state or local government agency.
How much is a replacement license in Michigan?
Get directions and drive to your local secretary of state office. The current fee for a replacement / duplicate Operator’s drivers license is $9.00. When complete, the SOS office will give you your new license.
How much does it cost to get a replacement driver’s license in Michigan?
An original license costs $25. A renewal license costs $18. There is a $7 late renewal fee if you renew your license after it expired. A duplicate license costs $9.
How long does it take to get a replacement driver’s license Michigan?
Your license or state ID card should arrive two to three weeks after submitting your application, but allow up to 45 days. If you haven’t received it after 45 days, contact the Department of State Information Center at Michigan.gov/ContactSOS or 888-SOS-MICH (767-6424) or visit a Secretary of State branch office.
Replace your Driver’s License or ID Card
Complete a new driver’s license and identification card application. To apply for a replacement driver’s license, identification card, or commercial driver’s license, fill out our online DL/ID application. For anyone interested in converting to a REAL ID driver’s license or commercial driver’s license (CDL), the option to do so will be available to them in the application. Minors who are applying for a replacement driver’s license must have their parents or guardians sign the application. If you decide to take advantage of this chance to convert to a REAL ID for the first time, you will be needed to present the following documents: 1.) proof of identification, 2.) social security number (SSN), and 3.) two proofs of California residency.
If your replacement will not be a REAL ID, you will not be required to submit any supporting documentation.
When you visit a field office, your replacement request will not be considered complete.
Depending on the location, wait times are frequently shorter than you would expect!
If you are applying for a REAL ID for the first time, make sure to bring your supporting documentation with you.
In the event that you apply for an ID card, you will be sent with a receipt as verification of your submission.
If you have not yet received your driver’s license and/or identification card, call 1-800-777-0133 to inquire about the status of your application.
How to Replace your Driver License, Commercial Driver License or ID Card
The Online Card Replacementfeature may be used if you need to receive a replacement without changing any of the information on the front of the card. You must have the following information to utilize the feature, however:
- The number on your driver’s license or identity card
- Your date of birth
- Your gender
- Those final four digits of your social security number, as well as the audit number on your most recently issued identification card
the number on your driver’s license or identity card When you were born, tell us. Your social security number’s last four digits, as well as the audit number on your most recently issued card;
- Your first and last names as they appear on your most current driver’s license or identification card
- Your current mailing address as it appears on your most recent driver’s license or identification card, as well as
- Providing answers to four distinct security questions
The Online Card Replacement service is available to non-US citizens, however the Online Card Renewal service is not. If you are currently outside of the state, please see Out-of-State Renewal or Replacement for information on how to replace your driver license or identity card while you are away. If your driver’s license has been lost, stolen, or destroyed, and you do not have the information mentioned above, you must go to your local driver licensing office to receive a replacement driver license card.
When visiting your local driver licensing office to apply for a replacement driver license, commercial driver license, or identification card, you must complete the following steps:
- Complete the application before to your arrival. In addition, all driver licensing offices have this paperwork on hand.) Make an appointment with the driving licensing office in your area. The following paperwork should be provided to the licensing and permit specialist:
- Replacement of the application, as well as identification (just one primary, secondary, or supporting document is necessary)
- The following paperwork will also be required if you have not already submitted it:
- Citizenship in the United States alternatively, if you are not a citizen of the United States, proof of authorized residence in the country, as well as your Social Security number
- Please submit your thumbprint. Take a photograph of yourself
- Make payment for the application cost.
* You can find your audit number on your driver’s license or identity card by looking at it like this:
Report Stolen Cards
It is necessary to register a police complaint if your driver’s license or identity card has been stolen and is being used by someone else. To replace your stolen card, complete the steps outlined in the replacing your card section of this guide and bring a copy of your police report along with you. When the driver license office officials analyze your case, they will assess whether or not it is required to issue a new number to you. For additional information on preventing and combating identity theft, please see the website of the Texas Attorney General.
For further information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions on Lost or Stolen Driver’s Licenses and Identification Cards.
How to replace a license or permit
If you lose your license or permit (including business, REAL ID, or Enhanced), you can get a new one.
- It was misplaced, stolen, or destroyed
- You changed your mailing address
- You will be 21 in a few months: If you replace your license more than 40 days before your 21st birthday, your license will still have the words “UNDER 21” displayed on it. If you renew your license less than 40 days before your 21st birthday, your license will not have the words “UNDER 21” printed on it.
Please keep in mind that if you replace your document, you will be charged a replacement fee.
- You will not be required to take a vision (eye) exam, and your expiration date and ID number will remain unchanged.
Ways to replace
When replacing your Standard ID, you can choose whether to upgrade to an enhanced or REAL ID, or whether to preserve your Standard ID. Your document type will remain the same for the time being. Online replacement is available.
It is possible to replace your Standard ID by mail if you already have an enhanced or REAL ID or choose to preserve your Standard ID. Your document type will remain the same for the time being. Fill out anApplication for Permit, Driver License, or Non-Driver ID Card (PDF) and submit it to the DMV (MV-44) It should be returned with the following information: (if you do not know your DMV ID number, put your date of birth and name as it was on your previous document)
- Photocopies of valid identification documentation
- Payment of $17.50 (by check or money order made payable to “Commissioner of Motor Vehicles”)
Payment of $17.50 (by cheque or money order made payable to “Commissioner of Motor Vehicles”); photocopies of valid identification documents;
At an office and get an Enhanced or REAL ID
Beginning in May 2023, you will be required to provide an Enhanced or REAL ID in order to board a domestic aircraft (unless you have a passport). Obtain an Enhanced or REAL ID card. It is not necessary to get an Enhanced or REAL ID. To have a Standard document type replaced, you must go to a DMV office.
- When you board a domestic aircraft beginning in May 2023, you will be required to provide an Enhanced or REAL ID (unless you have a passport). Get a REAL ID or an Enhanced Identification Card. It is not required that you get an Enhanced or REAL ID card. Obtaining a replacement for a Standard document type can be accomplished by visiting a DMV location.
See the DMV’s location, procedures, and reservation information by clicking on the link below.
Fees and payment
The price is $17.50 per person. In the case of applications submitted over the mail or in person at a DMV office, you can pay with a credit/debit card, as well as a check or money order made payable to the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles. To submit an online application, you must use a credit or debit card. The following are acceptable to the DMV:
- Cards accepted by the company include the American Express® Card, Discover Card®/Novus®, MasterCard®, MasterCard® Debit card without a personal identification number (PIN), VISA® Card, Visa Debit Card without a personal identification number (PIN), and VISA Debit Card with a personal identification number (PIN).
You must obtain form MV-78B from a law enforcement agency in order to receive a free replacement for a driver license or learner permit that has been stolen or lost as a result of a crime.
This form is only accessible through police departments, not from the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Address and mailing information
We will send the papers to the address that we have on file at the time of the order being placed. If you have relocated, you must first update your mailing address before ordering a replacement. Please keep in mind that your mailing and home addresses may be different. If you have a regular license, your postal address will be displayed on the license. If you have a REAL ID or an Enhanced license, your residence address will be displayed on the card. More information on the various licensing kinds may be found here.
We will mail you your document
Upon receiving an order, we will mail papers to the address that we have on file at the time of purchase. If you have relocated, you must first update your mailing address before ordering a new one. You should keep in mind that your mailing and home addresses may be different. In the case of a regular license, the postal address will be displayed. Having a REAL ID or Enhanced driver’s license will display your home address if you have one. Read on for further information on the many licensing types available to you!
When ordering by mail or in person at a DMV office, you have the option of specifying that your replacement document be sent to an address other than the one shown on your original document. If you’re sending anything by mail, attach an additional note with the other address plainly printed on it. It is not necessary to write the alternative address on form MV-44. The postal address that you enter on form MV-44 must match the address that appears on your picture ID and on your DMV record, otherwise the form will not be accepted.
It is possible to have the term “Veteran” placed in the upper left corner of your picture document if you are a qualified former member of the United States military who was honorably discharged. Learn how to obtain the veteran designation on your driver’s license. We appreciate your service and ask that you go to our military resources for further information on renewing your service if you are currently serving in the military.
Change my name or make other changes
You will need to visit a DMV office if you want to modify your name or any other non-address information (photo, height, or to add or remove corrective glasses). See how to make changes to your name or other personal data. See the DMV’s location, procedures, and reservation information by clicking on the link below.
How to replace if you are out of the country
When traveling outside of the country, you must replace your driver’s license through the mail. Please input your information.
- A completedApplication for Permit, Driver License, or Non-Driver ID Card (PDF)(MV-44)
- Payment of $17.50
- And a completedApplication for Non-Driver ID Card (PDF)(MV-44).
In addition, we urge that you include a pre-addressed priority mail return envelope with your application as an added precaution (this will help ensure that we send your license to the correct address).
Temporary visitors and international students who have a REAL ID
You can replace your driver’s license online, in the mail, or in person as long as the Temporary Visitor status that the DMV has on file has not been cancelled or expired. Upon receiving notification from the Immigration and Naturalization Service that your Temporary Visitor status has been extended, you must visit a DMV office with your updated papers (INS).
We will make the necessary changes to our records to reflect that your Temporary Visitor status has been extended, allowing you to replace your driver’s license. Your new license will have an expiration date that corresponds to your new temporary visitor status.
Renew or Replace Your Florida Driver License or ID Card
Every eight years, customers must renew their Florida driver’s license or identification card. The credential has a date that indicates when it will expire. Driver license holders in Florida can renew their credentials up to 18 months before the expiration date, and ID card holders can renew their credentials up to 12 months before the expiration date if they have one. Drivers can replace their driver license or identification card before it expires if the credential is lost, stolen, or if they need to make a change to their personal information.
- Those who have moved or married must update their address on their driver license or ID card within thirty days of the move or marriage, and they must present an original or certified court order of marriage certificate when applying to change the names on their driver license or ID card. Those who have changed their name must first update their name with the Social Security Administration before updating their name on the credential
- And those who have changed their name must present an original or certified court order of marriage certificate when applying to change the names on their driver license or ID card. If a driver’s license or identification card is misplaced or stolen
- It is possible for a client to add or edit a designation or other information that is already shown on the credential. Important: Clients who hold Class E driver licenses that have been expired for more than one year will be required to take and pass the Class E knowledge and vision exams before they may get a valid Class E driver license starting of February 15, 2021. It is possible to finish the Class E knowledge exam up to one year before applying for a Class E driver license in some states. The completion of the Class E knowledge exam and the application for a Class E driving license must be completed within one year of each other, otherwise the knowledge exam must be retaken prior to the issue of the driver license.
Please see ourfees page for a list of the costs associated with renewing or replacing a credential. Our driver license page has further details on the process of acquiring a Floridian driving permit.
At GoRenew.com, the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) provides a simple and convenient option to renew your driving license or identification card. GoRenew is able to provide the following services for driver’s license renewal:
- Every alternate renewal season, the state of Florida provides clients with an online convenience renewal service. Check out GoRenew.com to check whether you are qualified for a renewal
- Change the address listed on your driver’s license or identification card
- Replace a credential that has been lost or stolen
A customer’s Social Security number must be verified before a credential may be renewed or replaced online, according to the Department of Transportation. If the department is unable to verify the information, the consumer must contact the Social Security Administration for assistance. Please see ourfees page for a list of the costs associated with renewing or replacing a credential. Customers who renew their credentials with GoRenew.com will get their credentials in the mail within 7-10 business days after completing their purchase.
After completing the transaction, customers will get an email confirmation receipt.
Renew in Office
Customers can renew or replace their driver’s license or identification card at any of the state’s driver licensing service centers. Please see our Locations page for a complete list of our locations. Customers are required to come into an office:
- If a consumer took use of the online convenience option when renewing their subscription
- If a client does not have a REAL ID, the following may occur: If a consumer wants to change their photo, they may do so here. It is acceptable if the consumer is utilizing an authentic or certified court order or marriage certificate to change their name. If a client chooses to add or remove a designation, or if a court order requires them to change their credential, they should contact us. If a consumer is applying for his or her first Florida driver’s license or identification card, If the consumer has a commercial driver’s license, the following conditions apply: If the license has the term “TEMPORARY” written on it, it is considered temporary.
Please see our What to Bring page for more information on what to bring when renewing or replacing a credential.
SOS – Replacing/Correcting
In-State Replacement of a Lost or Stolen Driver’s License Replacing a Lost or Stolen Driver’s License While Traveling Out of State Lost or stolen driver’s license replacement outside of the United States Making changes to a driver’s license Fees Changing the gender indication on a driver’s license or identification card In StateOnline, you may replace a driver’s license that has been lost or stolen.
- If your driver’s license or enhanced driver’s license is lost or stolen, you may be able to get a replacement using online services if you provide proof of ownership.
- A lost or stolen enhanced license is immediately revoked and is no longer valid for usage at border crossings or other purposes.
- Self-Service Station is an acronym that stands for Self-Service Station.
- To find a self-service station, go to “Find a Self-Service Station.” You must be a citizen of the United States with a valid Social Security number.
- For further information, go to the “Replace State ID Card” link on the online services home page and follow the instructions.
- You will be required to provide identification in order to prove your identify to the authorities.
For further information, go to the online services home page and click on “Replace Driver’s License.” More information about renewing your membership online Obtaining a Replacement Driver’s License if yours has been lost or stolen – Out of StateOnline Replacement of a lost, damaged, or stolen identification card is possible online through the use of internet services.
- Replacement ID cards will only be mailed to the address on your home utility bill.
- Fill out each area of the application in the manner prescribed.
- If you plan to pay by check, fill out the payment method portion of the application and include the check information in the payment method area.
- To pay by check or money order, print off the completed application and submit it together with a check or money order (paid payable to the State of Michigan) to the address shown below.
- Fill out each area of the application in the manner prescribed.
- If you plan to pay by check, fill out the payment method portion of the application and include the check information in the payment method area.
- If you prefer to pay by credit card, please visit our secure online payment page.
In the event that your driver’s license is lost or stolen outside of the United States, you will need to replace it.
Members of the military stationed abroad of the United States are required to enter their APO/FPO addresses in the out-of-state postal address section of the application.
Provided that you have a valid Social Security number and that your driving privileges have not expired or been revoked.
It is straightforward and time-saving to replace your driver’s license online.
The enhanced license is one of the officially recognized travel permits for re-entering the United States by land or water from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean, among other countries.
A change of address is completely free of charge.
The fees will be determined by the kind of license.
Proof of Legal Presence is now required when updating a Commercial Driver’s License, according to new regulations issued by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
Enhanced license: Available at any branch office or through the mail.
Changes in the spelling of names If you need to alter your name on your valid driver’s license, you must provide your driver’s license together with documentation proving the change.
If your name has changed more than once, you may be required to submit multiple papers.
When applying for a divorce decree, it is necessary to ensure that it is certified (copies will not be recognized) and that it clearly identifies both the new and former names.
More information about name changes may be found here.
At every branch office, you can get a license.
At any branch office, you can use your enhanced license. Fees The Driver’s License Fee Chart contains information on the fees for replacing or correcting a license, and the Upgraded Driver’s License Fee Chart contains information on the fees associated with an enhanced license (if applicable).
Replace your driver’s license
In-State Replacement of a Lost or Stolen License A license replacement for an out-of-state driver who has lost or stolen his or her license Lost or stolen driver’s license replacement outside the United States A Driver’s License Error Can Be Fixed Fees Changing the gender designation on a driver’s license or other government identification document. StateOnline provides instructions for replacing a lost or stolen driver’s license. Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to replace your driver’s license or enhanced driver’s license online using online services if it has been lost or stolen.
- It is straightforward and time-saving to replace your license online.
- “Find a Self-Service Station” is the option to use to find one.
- It is only possible to get replacement ID cards by mail to the address listed on your registration.
- An official position in the Secretary of State’s office If your driver’s license or enhanced driver’s license is lost or stolen, you can ask for a replacement at any Secretary of State office.
- Any canceled or stolen enhanced license is ineligible for usage at the border and cannot be used to cross it.
- In the event that your driver’s license is lost or stolen, you can replace it online using Out of State Online.
- For online ID card replacement, you must be a citizen of the United States with a valid Social Security number.
Mail or fax are also acceptable methods.
Each component of the application must be completed in the manner prescribed.
If you plan to pay by check, fill out the payment method part of the application and include your check information.
If you are traveling in the United States and you lose your State ID card, complete aDuplicated Driver’s License Applicationand send or fax it to the Department of State Special Services Branch to request a replacement and acquire a temporary permission.
Use a printed copy of the application and fax it to 517-636-5865 if you want to pay by credit card.
Print the completed application and submit it together with a check or money order (paid payable to the State of Michigan) to the address shown below if you are paying by check or money order.
The APO/FPO address of military personnel stationed outside of the United States must be included in the application’s out-of-state postal address section.
Provided that you have a valid Social Security number and that your driver’s license has not expired or been revoked Any canceled or stolen enhanced license is ineligible for usage at the border and cannot be used to cross it.
Additional licenses are available, as follows: When you arrive at your U.S.
Customs and Border Protection.
A Driver’s License Error Can Be Fixed Address changes can be made electronically using internet services, or in person at a Secretary of State office, depending on the situation.
Other modifications, such as altering your name or date of birth, as well as adding or removing endorsements and Commercial Driver License group designations, must be made at a branch location.
Remember to bring your driver’s license if you’re reporting a correction at a branch office!
The license is valid for a period of one year from the date of change of address.
At any branch office or by mail, you can get an enhanced license.
Alteration of Proprietary Name To get your name changed on your legal driver’s license, you must produce your license along with documentation proving your name change has taken place.
If you have changed your name more than once, you may need to submit multiple papers.
Documents such as divorce decrees that are certified (copies are not recognized) and that show both the new and prior names are acceptable.
Please see the following link for further information about name changes: Redesignation of the Endorsement and the Group Designation At every branch office, you can obtain a license.
Fees The Driver’s License Fee Chart contains information on the fees for replacing or correcting a license, and the Upgraded Driver’s License Fee Chart contains information on the fees associated with an enhanced license (see below for further information).
Registry of Motor Vehicles
The quickest and most convenient method to order a replacement is to do it online. You will be required to give the following information:
- Name, date of birth, and place of birth Your ID number or the last four digits of your Social Security Number are required. Payment information
- Email address
Fees for Replace your driver’s license
|Driver’s License Replacement Fee||$25||each|
How to replace Replace your driver’s license
The internet is the quickest and most convenient method of replacing your driver’s license. You will require the following items:
- Last name
- The last four digits of your social security number or the number on your driver’s license
- Email address
- Fees that may be charged
To seek a replacement driver’s license, you can contact the RMV’s Contact Center via phone. Call (857) 368-8000 for more information. From area codes 339, 617, 781, and 857, or from outside of Massachusetts, call (800) 858-3926 (toll-free). All other Massachusetts area codes are dialed Call (877) 768-8833 if you use a TTY. For those who are deaf or hard of hearing (in Massachusetts), you will need to provide the following information:
- Both the first and last names
- Date of birth
- A brief biography Those last four digits of your Social Security number Fees that are applicable
At this moment, replacement licenses are not available at RMV Service Centers, according to the RMV. If you are a member of AAA, you may, however, make a reservation to get your driver’s license replaced at one of their locations. To arrange an appointment, go to www.aaa.com/appointments.
More info for Replace your driver’s license
Your driver’s license can be renewed instead of being replaced in the event that it expires in less than a year from the date of purchase. After buying a duplicate license, you will not be able to cancel or return it.
Contact for Replace your driver’s license
Obtaining a replacement driver’s license or learner’s permit will be necessary if your license or permit has been lost, stolen, destroyed, or otherwise compromised. You may also opt to replace your driver’s license or permit if your residence has changed, your sexual orientation has changed, or your image has been updated.
Renew or Replace?
If your driver’s license expiration date is less than one year away, you may want to renew your driver’s license rather than having it replaced. Learner’s permits are not able to be extended.
Removing the Vision Restriction
If you are required to wear glasses or contact lenses while driving, a vision limitation will be displayed on your driver’s license or learner’s permit. If you have had LASIK surgery to correct your eyesight and want the vision limitation removed, you must do one of the following:
- For replacement licenses or learner’s permits, schedule an appointment with the Department of Motor Vehicles and visit a customer service facility. While you’re there, you may also update to a licenseor permit that is REAL ID compatible. To be eligible for the job, you must pass a vision examination without the use of glasses or contact lenses. Send the following items to the address shown below:
- A completed Driver’s License and Identification Card Application (DL1P)
- A Vision Screening Report (MED 4) signed by an ophthalmologist or optometrist within the past three months
- And a valid driver’s license and identification card. If you don’t wear glasses or contact lenses, the MED 4 must show that you fulfill the minimal visual requirements. A $20 payment for a replacement driver’s license and a $2 payment for a replacement learner’s permit is required. Send these materials to the following address:
After processing your request, the DMV will mail you a new license or learner’s permit that will no longer have the eyesight limitation on it.
The cost of obtaining a new driver’s license is twenty dollars. A replacement learner’s permit costs $2 and may be obtained online.
Obtaining a Replacement License Online
Online replacement driver’s license or learner’s permit applications are accepted UNLESS one or more of the following conditions are met:
- Your credential has expired, has been cancelled, has been suspended, or has been revoked. You need to update or modify the name on your identification card. You owe money to the DMV as a result of a previous transaction. You are a minor under the age of eighteen
- You require a fresh photograph, or you have a profile photograph on your identification card. You have transferred your identification card to another state. We require confirmation of your customer number on file: You have already placed an online request for a replacement today
- You will be needed to produce documentation of your legal presence. You are upgrading to a REAL ID compatible credential
- However, this is not required.
Now is the time to replace If you apply for a replacement license or learner’s permit online, the Department of Motor Vehicles will utilize the photograph from your current identification. You can schedule an appointment and come into one of our customer service locations if you would like a fresh photograph.
Obtaining a Replacement License or Learner’s Permit at a Customer Service Center
Now is the time to replace. DMV will utilize the photograph on your current credential if you apply for a replacement license or learner’s permit online. You can schedule an appointment and come to one of our customer service locations if you need a fresh image taken.
- You should schedule an appointment with the DMV customer care office
- To apply for a driver’s license or learner’s permit, fill out the application form (DL1P). If you want to complete the form ahead of time or after visiting a DMV office, you can. When you finish the application form, you will have the option of applying to register to vote, changing your voter registration address, or notifying the DMV of a change of address or name for your convenience. One piece of identification documentation must be shown. In order to get a driver’s license or photo identification card, you must provide one of the documents listed in DMV 141, “Acceptable Documents for Obtaining a Driver’s License or Photo ID Card.”
It will be necessary to submit a fresh photograph.
Replace your license or instruction permit
For $20, you can replace a driver’s license or instruction permit that has been lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- You should receive your replacement within 2-4 weeks. Please phone 360.902.3900 (TTY: call711) if you have not received it within 30 days
- We will mail it to the address that we have on file for you. If it has to be changed, the first step is to update your address. Licenses and ID cards cannot be sent to a different address
- The license or ID card you get will have the same horizontal or vertical format and photo as the one you’re replacing
- We will, however, replace your vertical card with a horizontal format if you are over 21 and have a vertical card.
- You have the option of ordering a replacement up to three times each year. Other limitations may apply
- Please check the section below for further information. Your temporary license/ID will not contain your photo and will not be valid for identification purposes.
You have options:
- Replace online without the need to create an account. If you are unable to recall the number on your card, select this option. If you already have an account with replace online, sign in with it.
If any of the following apply, you will be unable to obtain a replacement online:
- It will expire in three months, so please renew it instead. Your driver’s license or permit is no longer valid
- You’ve relocated out of state. You have changed your name from the one that is displayed on your driver’s license. Your record indicates that you have one or more of the following characteristics:
- Suspended or revoked license due to nonpayment of traffic penalties or unpaid reissuance fee. Suspended, revoked, or cancelled license due to nonpayment of traffic fines or nonpayment of reissuance fee.
|Pay with your:||For online services||For licensing office|
|CheckMake checks payable “Department of Licensing”||Yes||Yes|
|Visa– credit/debit||Yes *||Yes – at most offices **|
|MasterCard– credit/debit||Yes *||Yes – at most offices **|
|American Express– credit/debit||Yes *||Yes – at most offices **|
|Discover– credit/debit||No||Yes – at most offices **|
When you make an online payment with a credit or debit card, we will charge you a 3 percent fee beginning January 1, 2020. You can also pay online using your bank account details without incurring any additional fees. * Some of our offices take credit and debit cards, while others do not. There is a fee charged by our card payment vendor.
- A $2.25 convenience charge is added if you pay with a debit card. A $3.00 convenience fee is added if you pay with a credit card.
- If your transaction total is $75 or less, you will be charged $2.25
- If your transaction total is more than $75, you will be charged 3 percent of your transaction total.
Other options to replace your card:
- Visiting a driver license office is strictly by appointment only. Change of address form for the State of Washington Driver License/ID Card mailed to us
- We will not issue a confirmation.
Your temporary will not feature your photo and will not be able to be used for identifying purposes.
- In addition, your temporary identity card will not feature your photo and will not be valid for official purposes.
Questions? Need help?
Please contact us at 360.902.3900. (TTY: Call711)
Replace Your Driver’s License
For further information, please call 360.902.3900. (TTY: Call711)
Complete FormDL-80(PDF), “Non-Commercial Driver’s License Application to Change, Correct, or Replace,” and submit it to the DMV. Step 2: Make a check or money order payable to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation for the appropriate charge. The application and a cheque or money order should be mailed to PennDOT, PO Box 68272, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17106-8272. Step 4:If your photograph is already on file, you will be issued a duplicate Non-Commercial Driver’s License that will include your current photo as well.
If you receive a camera card, you will need to go to a photo facility to have a photo taken for your Non-Commercial Driver’s License photo taken.
To get a duplicate Non-Commercial Driver’s license, you must complete theDL-80(PDF) form and submit it to an Online Messenger Service or a Driver License Center.
In this way, you will be able to keep a genuine product in your possession until PennDOT completes the duplicate order processing.
Replacing Your Commercial Driver’s License
Complete FormDL-80(PDF), “Non-Commercial Driver’s License Application to Change, Correct, or Replace,” and submit it to the DMV. Step 1: Pay the necessary charge with a cheque or money order made payable to PennDOT in Step 2. The application and a check or money order should be mailed to PennDOT, PO Box 68272, Harrisburg, PA 17106-8272. Step 3: You will be issued a duplicate Non-Commercial Driver’s License with your current picture if your image is already on file. Alternatively, if no photograph is on file, a camera card will be shipped to the address on file with the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
In order to renew a driver’s license or identity card, PennDOT employs state-of-the-art facial recognition technology while taking a photo of the person.
If the consumer requests an interim license, the messenger service might provide him with one that is good for 15 days.
In this way, you will be able to keep a legitimate product in your possession while PennDOT completes the duplicate product request. Please keep in mind that there may be a price for using these services through a messenger service.
Complete FormDL-80CD(PDF), “Application for Change, Correction, or Replacement of Commercial Driver’s License,” and submit it to the Department of Transportation. Step 2: Make a check or money order payable to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation for the appropriate charge. The application and a cheque or money order should be mailed to PennDOT, PO Box 68272, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17106-8272. Step 4:If your photograph is already on file, you will be issued a duplicate Commercial Driver’s License that will include your current photo.
If you acquire a camera card, you must go to a photo facility to obtain a duplicate Commercial Driver’s License, unless you have a special exception.
Step 5: You may go to a Driver License Center and submit theDL-80CD(PDF) form to obtain a duplicate license.
Replace a lost or stolen license, id or permit
Obtaining a new license can be done online, by using the DDS 2 GO App, or in person if you have misplaced, stolen, or damaged your driver’s license, identification card, or permit. If you have at least 150 days left on your driver’s license and/or identification card, you can get it changed for $5.00. It is mandatory to renew your license and pay the renewal cost if your license expires in fewer than 150 days from the day it was issued. Please allow up to 30 days for the delivery of your new or replacement driver’s license.
Replace online or download the DDS 2 Go Mobile App
To be eligible, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must only possess an ordinary, non-commercial driver’s license, identification card, or permit. If your license has been suspended, cancelled, or revoked, the only thing you can do is change your ID card or Limited Permit
- Otherwise, you have no options. You must be a legal resident of Georgia
- You must be a citizen of the United States
- You must have a Real ID document like your current license, identification card, or permit. (A gold or black star should be printed in the upper right-hand corner of the page.)
Sign in or register for an online account.
Login or Create Online Account
Online Account Registration or Login
- Category A – (1 document) – the document must be an original or certified copy.
- Valid U.S. Passport or Passport Card (if expired, it must be less than 10 years old)
- US Birth Certificate, Amended or Delayed Birth Certificate – Original or certified copy
- Valid U.S. Passport or Passport Card (if expired, it must be less than 10 years old) (Includes U.S. territories and the District of Columbia). Observation – A birth certificate, or “Keepsake” birth certificate, that can be confirmed by the Georgia Department of Public Health’s Vital Records system, may be recognized as proof of citizenship. If you are presently enrolled, a photocopy from any state may be accepted. Consular Report of Birth in a Foreign Country. Form FS-240, DS-1350, or FS-545
- Expired Georgia driver’s license, permit, or identity card
- Expired Georgia interim
- Expired Georgia driver’s license, permit, or identification card Permanent Resident Card that is valid and has not expired. Form I-551
- Employment Authorization Document that is valid and has not expired (EAD). Application for asylum in the United States (Form I-766 or Form I-688B)
- Valid, valid Foreign Passport with U.S. visa affixed, accompanied by the approved I-94 form showing the applicant’s most recent admission into the United States
- Form N-550 or N-570, Certificate of Naturalization
- Form N-560 or N-561, Certificate of Citizenship
- N-550 or N-570, Certificate of Naturalization
- N-560 or N-561, Certificate of Citizenship
- N-560 or N-561
- Category B – (2 papers) -both documents must be originals or certified copies of the same document
- In addition to the original or copy of the marriage license, you will need the following documents: the original or copy of your Social Security card
- Your previous year’s income tax return (or W2)
- Your current auto, home, life, and health insurance card or policy. Vehicle registration receipt
- Voter registration card
- Valid or expired military identification card, Veterans Affairs card, and/or military orders
- Valid Georgia gun permit
- Valid Georgia driver’s license I-797C Notice of Action with Case Type I-90 (Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card)
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
- I-797C Notice of Action with Case Type I-90 (Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card)
- Paying a visit to a CSC All customers who visit a facility are required to complete the appropriate License/ID/Permit form.
Want to Change your License Number?
The Department of Driver Services (DDS) can only update a driver’s license or identification number in the following circumstances:
- Your Social Security Number is the same as your present driver’s license number. Theft of your present Driver’s License, Permit, or Identification Card, or you are a victim of identity theft
Replacing Lost Licenses
For those who have lost, stolen, or damaged their driver’s license, you may be eligible for a replacement on the internet. The expiration date of the original issued license does not alter as a result of obtaining a replacement license. Please see our Online Services menu for information on obtaining a replacement license through the Internet. A replacement may also be obtained by submitting an application in person at any driver service facility. It is only in person at a driver service center that you may apply for a duplicate temporary license or certificate for driving if your temporary license or certificate for driving has been lost, stolen, or otherwise damaged.
You must give the following information:
- Confirmation of evidence of identification is required. and
- Documentation of changes (except than those necessary to repair clerical errors) in the name, date of birth, or gender of a driver’s license, temporary license, or certificate for driving holder
If Your Commercial Driver License is Lost or Stolen
You must give the following information:
- Two proofs of residence in Tennessee
- Confirmation of evidence of identification
- And Documentation of changes (other than those necessary to repair clerical errors) in a driver’s license, temporary license, or certificate for the driving holder’s name, date of birth, or gender are required.
- A commercial driver’s license (CDL) duplicate costs $12 dollars, and subsequent CDL duplicates cost $16 dollars. The first duplicate costs $8 dollars, and subsequent duplicates cost $12 dollars.
With the exception of temporary licenses, if your lost license will expire within the next 12 months, you may opt to renew it rather than just obtain a duplicate, if the license will expire within the next 12 months.
It is necessary to renew your license if your current license is slated to expire in less than six (6) months. You may discover the driver service center location that is closest to you by visiting ourDriver Service Center Locations page.
Lost/Stolen Driver License, Permit or ID Card
The Department of Motor Vehicles may be able to provide you with a duplicate driving license if your identity card or instruction permit (often referred to as credentials) was lost, stolen, or destroyed. In the event that you do not get your credentials in the mail and you come into a state Driver License Office between 30 and 90 days following the date on which the credentials were issued, you may be able to acquire a duplicate credential at no cost. If you need to know where your driver’s license or identification card is, go to myDMV.Colorado.gov and use the “Where is my driving license/ID?” feature.
- You will need to go to a driving license office in order to obtain a copy of your credential if it has been lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- When arranging your appointment, be sure you pick the Renew Colorado License/Identification card appointment type from the drop-down menu.
- The Division of Motor Vehicles at the Colorado Department of Revenue can provide you with a duplicate DR 2989 form if you are out of state and a U.S.
- Please send the form along with your out-of-state mailing address to:COLORADO DEPARTMENT OF REVENUEDivision of Motor VehiclesP.O.
Replacement License, Permit and State ID Cards
If you are in need of a replacement, you may get one online.
- Be in possession of a valid Class O (car) license, a CDL (commercial driver’s license), a Class M (motorcycle) license, or a state identification card Have not had your name altered after your last driver’s license or state identification card was issued
- Not more than two replacements have been procured in the last five years
- It is possible that further exclusions will apply
- For more information, consult the online FAQs.
You must apply for a Learner’s Permit, School Permit, or Provisional Permit in person at a Driver Licensing Office if you require one of these types of permits.
Get your Replacement at the DMV
You can also obtain a replacement driver’s license at any Driver Licensing Office. A citizen who wishes to apply for a replacement driver’s license, permit, or state identification card must present the following documents: Once your application has been processed, and you have made your fee payment, the County Treasurer or Driver License Service Center will provide you a receipt that is valid for 30 days, along with driving privileges if applicable. Your driving license, permit, or State ID Card will be mailed to you within 14 business days of submitting your application.
Following the issuance of a replacement document, the previously issued document is become null and void and cannot be used as identification.
If a citizen lives outside of Nebraska at the time of application, he or she may be able to get a replacement license, permit, or State ID Card over the mail. Remember that if you need to have a Learner’s Permit, School Permit, Provisional Permit, Commercial License, or Commercial Permit changed, you must go to a Driver Licensing Office in person and submit your application.
Those with questions about replacement licenses, permits, or state identification cards should send an email to the address shown below or call the office at (402) 471-3861.
Replacing a Driver’s License Learner’s Permit or Identification Card
Any time after your card has been created and shipped to you, you can perform a remote replacement for your driver’s license, learner’s permit, Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), and identity card (ID card) on myBMV.com. Please keep in mind that you can only replace a driver’s license, learner’s permit, commercial driver’s license, or identity card online a total of ten times before you must visit a BMV location. When you request a replacement, you will receive a card that is an identical replica of the one that was most recently given to you.
Prior to submitting your online replacement card application, you must first change your mailing address online.
- The number on their driver’s license
- The last four digits of their Social Security number
- And their legal ZIP code
Customers who renew or replace their license plates online using their myBMV account are also eligible to register to vote. Once the transaction has been completed and the applicant has signed out of their myBMV account, they may proceed to the online voter registration link that has been issued to them. In order to vote, the applicant must first register on the Election Commission’s website, which they may do by clicking on the link above.
- Replacement of a driver’s license or learner’s permit on the internet is possible if the following requirements are met:
- The applicant possesses an operator’s license, which may or may not include a motorcycle or for-hire endorsement. The applicant possesses a commercial driver’s license (CDL) with or without a motorcycle or for-hire endorsement, and there are no pending endorsements or limitations. The applicant is a citizen of the United States of America. Neither the applicant’s name nor his or her residence address have been altered. Neither the driver’s license nor the identification card have expired. Restriction J* is not present in the applicant’s record, nor are Restrictions 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, or 9 present.
* Learner’s permits with a J limitation for Driver’s Education (DE) permits alone are eligible to be changed using the online system.
- The previous picture of the applicant has been saved on file
- The status of the driver’s license is not suspended, revoked, or fraudulently obtained
- A valid CDL status is present, and the medical certificate status has been certified. A Real ID is not being used to replace a non-compliant credential
- Rather, it is being used to supplement it.
An applicant can only replace a driver’s license or learner’s permit online a total of ten times before a visit to a branch is necessary to complete the process. Online replacement of a driver’s license or learner’s permit is possible. It is possible to change your ID card online if you satisfy the following requirements: You are a naturalized citizen of the United States of America.
- You have not had your name, residence address, or any other personal information altered in any way. Your identity card has not expired
- It is still valid. Your previous photograph has been saved
- Restriction numbers 3, 7, and 9 do not apply to your record.
When You Must Visit a BMV Branch to Replace
- It is possible that some applicants will be unable to renew or replace their cards online because their residence address, township, or zip code has changed, or because they have updated some other information with the BMV after their previous card was issued. Changing your name or residence address will need a trip to the bank’s branch office in order to update your license.
Replacing a License If You Are Away From Indiana
It is possible that some applicants will be unable to renew or replace their cards online because their residence address, township, or zip code has changed, or because they have altered some other information with the BMV after their previous card was issued. For those who need to alter their name or residence address, they will need to visit a branch in order to modify their license.