DD is an abbreviation for Document Discriminator. A number of states started adding this piece of information to their driver’s licenses several years ago. The DD is a security code that identifies where and when the license was issued. It, thus, uniquely identifies each card for a given individual.
DD number on drivers license
- DD is an abbreviation for Document Discriminator. A number of states started adding this piece of information to their driver’s licenses several years ago. The DD is a security code that identifies where and when the license was issued. It, thus, uniquely identifies each card for a given individual.
Is DD the same as license number?
The customer identifier is your driver’s license number. DD stands for “document discriminator.” It is an internal number that state agencies use to identify a particular document, such as your driver’s license, from other documents that may have been issued in the past.
What is audit DD number?
A Texas driver’s license audit number is the 20-digit number at the bottom of your driver’s license says online defensive driving course provider Comedy Driving. Texas audit numbers or the DD number at the bottom of your Texas driver’s license is unique to each driver’s license you receive in the mail.
What is the ISS on driver’s license?
ISS is the Issue Date of your Driver’s License. If you are using the software and you find out that your ID does not have an ISS (Date Issued), you will not be able to use this feature, instead remove the data from the ID number field and the expiration date field.
What does D mean on driving Licence?
The Category D code means you can drive any bus with more than 8 passenger seats (with a trailer up to 750kg).
What does 5 DD mean on Florida license?
5 Document Discriminator A unique number indicating issuance office, issue date and form number.
What is DD on Colorado license?
Field 5 is the document discriminator. It is an internal number used to uniquely identify a particular document issued to an individual from others that may have been issued in the past.
What is its ISS?
The International Space Station is a large spacecraft in orbit around Earth. It serves as a home where crews of astronauts and cosmonauts live. This means it orbits Earth every 90 minutes. NASA is using the space station to learn more about living and working in space.
What does the ISS stand for?
The International Space Station (ISS) is the largest orbiting laboratory ever built.
What is the issue date on an ID?
If you look at the driver’s license card carefully, you can see that your California driver’s license issue date is written on the right bottom corner of your card, marked as ISS.
What is a Texas driver’s license audit number?
The comments have been turned off. What is a Texas driver’s license audit number? You are here: Home»Blog»What is a Texas driver’s license audit number?
What is a Texas driver’s license audit number?
According to a supplier of online defensive driving courses, a Texas driver’s license audit number is the 20-digit number located at the bottom of your driver’s license. Driving a car in a humorous manner. A unique Texas audit number, often known as the DD number, may be found at the bottom of your Texas driver’s license. Each driver’s license you get in the mail is identified by this number. The audit number will change if you make any modifications to your license, renew your license, or if the state provides you a new license.
Temporary licenses, on the other hand, will not display audit numbers, so if you have recently renewed your driver’s license and are waiting for your new plastic license to arrive in the mail, you will need to wait until your new plastic license arrives before you can verify the most recent valid Texas audit number.
The fact that the most recent audit number is the only one that is currently valid assures that you only have one license that is currently valid.
If you want assistance in obtaining a driving record for defensive driving, please contact us.
Reasons to take Comedy Driving Defensive Driving
- Flexible scheduling
- Email delivery
- Unlimited log-ins
- State approval
- No final exam
- Flexible scheduling
- Email delivery is available
- Unlimited log-ins
- State approval
- No final examination.
Are you ready to dismiss your citation?
Where Is My Colorado Drivers License Number?
Prepared to have your citation thrown out of the window?
What Are the Customer Identifier and DD?
The good news is that everything is still on track. Your driver’s license number serves as your customer identify. The Colorado Department of Motor Vehicles is just referring to the same number under a different name. Any form or application that asks for your driver’s license number will accept this as a valid customer identity. “Document discriminator” is an abbreviation for “document discriminator.” In the state of California, it is an internal number that state agencies use to distinguish a specific document, such as your driver’s license, from other papers that may have been issued previously.
Why Do I Need to Know My Drivers License Number?
Consequently, now that you know where to look for your driver’s license number, we want you to put everything on hold and write it down somewhere secure. Hopefully, you will be able to memorize it as well. According to Trooper Josh Lewis, Public Information Officer with the Colorado State Patrol, “it’s always a good idea to have your driver’s license number memorized, or at the very least in a spot where you can look it up if your license goes missing” (CSP). “That way, you’ll be able to report it lost as soon as it goes missing.” The California Highway Patrol (CSP) is a state law enforcement organization that is primarily responsible for traffic enforcement and road safety.
This is a number that will accompany you for the rest of your life, or at the very least for as long as you are a licensed Colorado driver.
There are several forms that you must complete, all of which require the driver’s license number. If you only had the number remembered, it would make filling out the forms lot simpler.”
When Can I Get My License After Passing Driver’s Ed in Colorado?
In Colorado, you can begin taking driver’s education classes as early as 14.5 years of age. Furthermore, while you must finish either a 30-hour driver education course or a pre-qualification four-hour Driver Awareness Program in order to obtain your driver’s license, you will not be eligible to do so until you are at least 16 years old. We hope you have found this material to be useful. Make sure to review the frequently asked questions section of the Colorado DMV website if you have more questions regarding Colorado driver’s licensing or driver’s education.
New document discriminators add security to Tennessee driver’s licenses
Some folks in Tennessee are perplexed by a new set of numbers on their driver’s licenses. A viewer wrote us and inquired as to what the new numerals on his driver’s license signified. The Tennessee Department of Motor Vehicles has issued a statement in response to these new figures. It took some time to figure out, but the DD code on the front of the new Tennessee driver’s license stands for document discriminator, which was a surprise to me. The 16-digit number is a new security precaution that has been added to each driver’s license in the state of Tennessee, effective immediately.
“According to Dalya Qualls with the Tennessee Department of Safety, “basically what that accomplishes is associate the card with the location and time it was issued.” “It does not in any way identify the driver or any of the driver’s information; it is only the card itself that is identifiable.” One of the new security features that was added on drivers licenses in March 2011 is the ability to scan a barcode.” The new license also has banners depicting Tennessee landmarks and iconography, as well as a multiple-printing of each individual’s birth date to provide maximum protection and privacy.
Is the DD code just applicable to drivers licenses that are issued by the state?
Get the latest local news sent directly to your inbox!
What Is DD On A Driver’s License- Getting To Know Your Driver’s License
There are various components of a driver’s license that can imply the same thing across the country, and there are those that can indicate something completely different in different states. It would be great if you were confident in your understanding of the meanings of these components to ensure that you do not break the law, especially while driving in a state that is not covered by your driver’s license coverage. So, what exactly does the letter DD stand for on a driver’s license? Document Discriminator is an acronym for Document Discriminator.
Essentially, it is a piece of information that is put to a driver’s license as a security code that allows you to identify the location and date of issue of the license. As a result, the DD uniquely identifies each driver’s license for each individual.
A Brief On History Of The Document Discriminator (DD)
The DD was created in order to deter those who wish to tamper with or counterfeit a driver’s license from doing so. It was established in 2005 by the Federal Real ID Act, which was published on Page 29 of the September 2006 Federal Register. The Governors Association, in collaboration with the National Conference of State Legislators and the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators, issued a report on the law’s passage and implementation. The Act mandates each state to implement physical security measures to prevent document tampering, forgery, and duplication for any fraudulent purpose, including identity theft.
This card must be distinct from any other cards that have previously been provided by the organization.
What You Should Know About USA Driver’s License
The driver’s license in the United States is a document that allows you to operate a motor vehicle and may also be used as identification. Registrating a car is required in certain jurisdictions, while some states allow you to drive a vehicle with your international driver’s license if you meet the other requirements.
What are the Steps to Get Started with a Driver’s License Application in the USA?
1. Obtain an International Driver’s License for Traveling Abroad. Just before you arrive in the United States, you must get an international foreign driver’s license in order to make the transition to a US driver’s license as smooth and seamless as possible. 2. Become acquainted with the rules and regulations governing vehicle operation in the United States. The very first thing you should do is become acquainted with the rules and regulations that govern the operation of a vehicle in the United States of America.
- Once you are certain that you understand the written laws of driving, you should go to the local DMV in your state to take the written and visual tests for your license.
- You will receive a learner’s permit once you have passed your first driving test on either a computer or on paper.
- Because each state has somewhat different rules and regulations when it comes to the usage of a driver’s license, it would be best if you checked with your state’s laws and regulations before proceeding.
- Following your initial experience driving on American roads, you will be required to register to take a road driving test at your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
- You must have submitted an application for liability insurance for the vehicle you want to operate, and you must ensure that the controls for safe working conditions are in excellent functioning order.
- During the driving exam, an inspector will advise you in the direction in which you must travel and will then evaluate your driving and parking abilities to determine whether you are qualified.
- The driving test results will be recorded on a temporary paper license, which will be replaced by an official license in the mail a few weeks after passing the exam.
- In order to obtain your license, you are required to pay a fee, which varies from state to state.
- As accepted forms of identification, you’ll need a passport, an I-94 stamp, or a green card to enter the country.
The United States driver’s license allows you to drive in any of the 50 states in the country after you have obtained it. It is also your obligation to adhere to any driving regulations that are in effect in all 50 states of the United States.
Types Of Drivers Licenses Issued In The USA
In the United States, you are required to drive the type of vehicle that corresponds to the type of driver’s license that you hold. Drivers in all parts of the nation must be at least 16 years old before they may get behind the wheel. The following are the several types of driver’s licenses that may be obtained in the United States: A Class M driver’s license is required for operating motorcycles and mopeds. This is the regular license for two-wheel drive vehicles, not four-wheel drive vehicles.
- This is the one for which you will be taking tests and receiving tutoring.
- Class B is the most common type of bus driver’s license.
- You should get this license if you intend to travel on an extended tour with a band or family, especially if you enjoy farming.
- When it comes to commercial driver licenses, there are three primary categories to choose from.
- Furthermore, it serves as a license for those who wish to transport people about for a living.
- It is the basic license for those who operate tow trucks, school buses, dumpsters, and a wide range of other commercial vehicles in the state of California.
- As long as you are not planning on driving anything larger than a typical SUV or a vehicle with fewer than two wheels, you should be good with a regular class C license, which is the license you apply for after completing the driving class and the final written test.
- This may be confirmed at your local DMV, and you should apply as soon as you know you are planning to change your car in order to avoid fines.
Some Questions And Answers About The US Driver’s License
The following are some of the most commonly asked questions regarding obtaining a driver’s license in the United States: 1. Can I purchase a vehicle in the United States while holding a foreign driver’s license? It is possible to acquire a vehicle in the United States using an international driver’s license, and you may even be able to obtain a car loan without having a US driver’s license; but, using an international driver’s license to drive a car in the country may result in a fine. Some insurance providers may refuse to cover your vehicle until you have a valid driver’s license in the United States of America.
Because a variety of circumstances may come into play, there is no defined fee for acquiring a driver’s license in the United States of America.
Many states in the United States do not offer driver’s licenses to illegal immigrants; as a result, your legal status as an immigrant may have a significant role in determining your prospects of obtaining a driver’s license in your home country.
Where Find DL
Your eight (8) digit Driver’s License Number (DLN) or Photo Identification Card Number (IDN) may be found on your Driver’s License, Photo Identification Card, Learner’s Permit, and on the majority of communication from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation ( PennDOT). Take a look at the examples provided below. The “DD” number that appears at the bottom center of your Driver’s License or Photo Identification Card is not the same as the DLN or IDN on your license or photo identification card.
Your insurance provider may possibly be able to assist you in obtaining your DLN number.
In order to obtain your DLN or IDN, you will be required to answer a series of questions in order to confirm your identification.
California Driver’s License Issue Date, CA DMV Issue Date
The date of issue of your California driver’s license may be difficult to locate on your driver’s license. If you carefully examine your driver’s license card, you will see that the date of your California driver’s license issue is written on the right bottom corner of your card, and it is marked with the letters ISS. The expiration date of the example California driver’s license card is September 30, 2010, as can be seen. So this is the official publication date for your book. It is an acronym for the term “Issue Date,” which is reduced to ISS.
What is DD on California Driver’s License?
There are also some additional abbreviations printed on the card as well. The letters “DD” may be found to the left of the ISS. If you’re wondering what DD stands for on a California driver’s license, read on. DD is an abbreviation for “Document Discriminator,” and it displays your driver’s license number, as well as the DMV from whence you obtained your driver’s license.
What does RSTR stand for?
Obtaining a Driver’s License in Your State RSTR is an abbreviation for “Restrictions.” A driver’s license can be restricted in a number of ways. Here are some examples. For example, some drivers are required to wear prescription glasses while driving, which is the most typical case. If you have any restriction codes displayed, you should be aware of what they signify by this point. If this is not the case, visit the DMV website, where you should be able to find a simple explanation. Going to the DMV is not worth the time and effort.
Register to DMV for a better service
To register quickly and easily, just visit this page. Some DMV online services and applications, such as those for driver’s license renewal, require registration.
You can register with us in order to receive better service. Users who have registered with the DMV will be able to receive individualized access to additional services. You must first register in order to access the information shown below:
- Driver Record
- Vehicle Record
- Change of Address
- Driver License/Identification Card Renewal
- Traffic Accident Report – SR1 Eform
- Vehicle Registration Email Reminder Program
- Driver License/Identification
What you’ll need in order to become a registered user is the following:
- These are the requirements for becoming a registered user:
r/AskReddit – Please help Reddit! What does the DD number at the bottom of a driver’s licenses mean? It’s driving me crazy!
I recently received my new driver’s license, and I noticed that it had a different number on it from the one on my previous license. Following a pair of D’s is the lengthy number (e.g. DD18395837372). When I sent an email to my state government, I received the response “It is part of our internal coding, we are unable to divulge the meaning, I apologize.” A large number of other states, on the other hand, are assigned this DD number. What does this DD abbreviation stand for? Exemple No. 1 Example 2Example 3Example 4 This discussion has been closed.
- 1st grade You’ve been appointed as the designated driver for the foreseeable future.
- 1st grade On an Indiana drivers license, it appears the number is referred to as a “transaction” number.
- level 1This is the route number for the FEMA camp that is nearest to you.
- Here is a more extensive discussion.
- level 2This is something I’ve been thinking about as well.
- level 1It’s referred to as a “audit number.” It is utilized by your state’s Department of Motor Vehicles for internal tracking purposes.
- 1st grade In no manner, shape, or form, that second chick could have been hatched in 1957.
- After that, I noticed her name.
- level 1This number does not appear on my MA ID.
What Does Dd Stand For On A Driver’s License
“Document discriminator” is an abbreviation for “document discriminator.” In the state of California, it is an internal number that state agencies use to distinguish a specific document, such as your driver’s license, from other papers that may have been issued previously.
What does DD mean on driver’s Licence?
Document Discriminator (DD) is an acronym for Document Discriminator. Several states began including this piece of information on driver’s licenses a few years ago, and more are expected to follow. This is a security code that identifies the location and date on which the license was obtained.
Is DD the same as document number?
The “DD” number that appears at the bottom center of your Driver’s License or Photo Identification Card is not the same as the DLN or IDN on your license or photo identification card.
What is DD on Colorado license?
Field 5 is used to distinguish between different types of documents. It is an internal number that is used to distinguish a specific document provided to a person from other documents that may have been issued in the past by the same organization.
What is the DD number on a Tennessee driver’s license?
It took some time to figure out, but the DD code on the front of the new Tennessee driver’s license stands for document discriminator, which was a surprise to me. The 16-digit number is a new security precaution that has been added to each driver’s license in the state of Tennessee, effective immediately.
Do Social Security cards have a document number?
The following information should be provided on a social security number card: Document title: “Social Security Card,” Issuing authority: “Social Security Administration,” Document number: “(full document number”),” and so on.
What is Doc number in driving Licence?
Document number is an 8 or 10-digit alphanumeric number that may be found on the back or bottom right hand corner of your license (depending on the year of your license). It is not the same as the number on the driver’s license.
How do you spot a fake ID?
Do You Think You Know How to Identify a Fake Identification? Edges that are ragged or edges that are square. The ID holder’s hair is a different hue than the one in the photo. Bumps on the back of laminated identification cards. Laminated identification cards with air pockets. The ID holder is a different weight than the one depicted on the ID card itself. There are misspellings throughout the document. The ID is starting to flake away.
Can you see a UV image on an ID?
A UV picture, sometimes known as a blacklight image, arises when ultraviolet light is shone on an identification card. From a portrait of the cardholder to the name of the state that issued the card, the image may represent anything you want it to. It is possible for UV pictures to emerge on either the front or reverse of a card.
Can a father get his child Social Security number?
A copy of the birth certificate may always be obtained by the parent whose name appears on it. He will, however, be required to provide proof of fatherhood in order to obtain a social security number.
Does SSN expire?
Is it possible to get a new SSN? No. Once a Social Security number (SSN) has been assigned, it serves as the individual’s unique identification number for the duration of his or her time in the United States. The individual’s work authorization, on the other hand, may be about to expire.
How do I change my Social Security name after marriage?
The Form SS-5, the normal application for a Social Security card, which you may obtain from the Social Security Administration’s website, will need to be completed. Send the form to your local Social Security office, or drop it off in person, together with original copies of documentation establishing your legal name change and your identification.
Is the ID number the same as the driver’s license?
You’ll need to fill out Form SS-5, which is the normal application for a Social Security card, which you may obtain from the Social Security Administration’s website or print off. Send the form to your local Social Security office, or drop it off in person, together with original copies of the documentation establishing your legal name change and your identification.
What is Code 122 on my driving Licence?
You’ll need to fill out Form SS-5, which is the normal application for a Social Security card, which you may obtain from the Social Security Administration’s website or print out.
Send the completed form to your local Social Security office, or drop it off in person, together with original copies of documentation establishing your legal name change and your identification.
Where is ID number on driver’s license?
In most cases, finding your driver’s license number is a simple matter of searching. It should be shown prominently on the front of your business card.
Which fake ID states are best?
Reviewers and the majority of comments from prior users of phony IDs have agreed that the best states for counterfeiting identification are California, Texas, Ohio, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. The cards listed above are the greatest sellers because they include all of the security features of actual cards, including microprinting, laser engraving, optical variable data, and ultraviolet light.
How can you tell a fake ID from a flashlight?
Laser perforation is used on the majority of state identification cards, in which the laser creates microscopic holes to produce an image. Typically, the photograph depicts the state in which it was taken. The picture is only visible when the object is held up to a light source. As a result, if you hold a flashlight up to the card and the laser perforation does not show up, the card is a forgery.
Should you use your real license number on a fake ID?
When a laser beam passes through a piece of paper, small holes are created, forming the picture on the ID. It is common for the image to be of the state from whence it is taken to be taken. A light must be shone directly on the picture in order for it to be discernable. Then, when the card is held up to a spotlight, and the laser perforation does not appear, it is a forgery.
What does Black Lighting an ID do?
Black lights frequently disclose areas on the ID where the individual tampered with it, and they always expose any chalking or other technique that was used to alter the original name or birth date from the identification. Using a black light, you may see more glue or other markings left by a seal that was either removed or restored by the person in question.
What is a ghost photo ID?
On the surface, a ghost image is a tiny replica of the original picture image that is printed on an ID card and is typically printed semi-translucently. The advantage of using this sort of card security is that it does not often increase the cost of your printed card in the same way.
What does a blue light do to a fake ID?
A tiny ultraviolet light or blue light, as well as a magnifying lens, can be a useful tool in some situations. The blue light will reveal ID security features such as holograms and ghost images that are normally hidden.
What do the first 3 numbers of a Social Security number mean?
The ZIP Code of the postal address indicated on the application for a social security number is used to calculate the first three (3) digits of a person’s social security number, which are the most important. The number served just to confirm that his or her card had been issued by one of our offices in that particular state.
Does your SSN tell your age?
The Serial Number, by itself, does not reveal anything about your location or age that the Group Number and Area Number do not already reveal; however, because they are assigned consecutively, they may be able to reveal your relative age within a Group and an Area if they are assigned consecutively within a Group and an Area.
Do I have to give my ex my Social Security number for taxes?
You are not need to supply him with your social security number unless he is claiming you as a dependant on his income tax return. Make certain that your ex husband is filing as Head of Household when it comes time for him to claim the children on his tax return.
Colorado’s New Design For Driver License and ID Cards
- Getting Started
- Colorado’s New Design for Driver’s Licenses and Identification Cards
In 2016, the Colorado Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) began distributing driver licenses, instruction permits, and identity cards with new designs. This design was revised in May 2020 in order to make it simpler to read on mobile devices. New features and an altogether new format are included in the card design. Laser-engraved information in grayscale, as well as a new card material, are among the highlights of the new card design. All valid driving licenses, instruction permits, and identity cards with the previous design are still valid and can be used until their expiration dates.
- With the new designs for driver licenses, instruction permits, and identity cards introduced by the Colorado DMV in 2016, the DMV began issuing these documents. This design was changed in May 2020 in order to make it simpler to read on a computer screen. New features and an altogether new format are included in the card design. Laser-engraved information in grayscale, as well as a new card material, are among the highlights of the card design. Until their expiration dates are reached, valid driving licenses, instruction permits, and identification cards with previous designs can be used.
What You Need To Know
- Mount Sneffels is depicted on the face of the card in the form of a mountain picture. This mountain, which is located in the San Juan Mountain Range west of Ouray and north of Telluride, rises to 14,158 feet in elevation, making it the 27th highest mountain in Colorado. Current cards will be valid until they reach the end of their expiration period. There will be no change in the charge for a document as a result of this new design. All of the information on the card will be laser-engraved, and the primary photo will be grayscaled
- However, the secondary photo will be color. Individuals will receive a foldable temporary card instead of the traditional temporary card when they obtain temporary papers in the office. The star at the upper right of the card signifies that your document is a legitimate government-issued identification card. The ability to utilize it to enter government facilities as well as for air travel is provided. More information about the REAL ID Act may be found here. The new cards will continue to facilitate organ and tissue donation while also including military or veteran identification information. When a document is issued pursuant to the Colorado Road and Community Safety Act (CO-RCSA), a black box will be included that indicates, “This document is not valid for federal identification, voting, or public benefit purposes.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Fields 4d and 5 reflect what, in your opinion? A:Field 4d contains the license number of the driver (also known as customer identifier). Field 5 is used to distinguish between different types of documents. It is an internal number that is used to distinguish a specific document provided to a person from other documents that may have been issued in the past by the same organization. Upon closer inspection, there appears to be a fracture on the face of my card that runs diagonally across my portrait.
Wisconsin DMV Official Government Site
The Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) uses a single manufacturing facility to mail all driver licenses and identity (ID) cards issued in the state.
How long will it be before I get my permanent card in the mail?
Within 10 business days, you should have your driver’s license or identification card in hand. All undeliverable mail is returned to the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Will I be issued a temporary license or ID card?
Receipt on plain paper
- You will be given a printed receipt that is good for 45 days when you leave the DMV customer service facility. Until your card arrives in the mail, you can use the photo receipt as valid photo identification for voting and as your license or ID until your card arrives. Customer’s who renew an existing license or ID card will also leave the DMV customer service facility with their expired (or soon to be expired) card, which has been invalidated by the DMV processor with a hole punch.
With a printed receipt that is good for 45 days, you will depart the DMV customer care facility. Until your card comes in the mail, you can use your photo receipt as valid photo identification for voting and as a temporary license or ID. Customers who renew an existing license or ID card will also leave the DMV customer service facility with their expired (or soon to be expired) license or ID card, which has been invalidated with a hole punch by the DMV processing staff.
Wisconsin driver license and ID cards issued Fall 2015
Wisconsin’s new driver license and identification card design, which will go into effect in the fall of 2015, will have the most advanced security measures currently available in the United States. Starting in the Fall of 2015, sample cards will be available.
What will you notice about your new card?
- There are black and white photographs in this collection. The Wisconsin State Capitol structure, the Wisconsin State flag, and a Sugar Maple leaf are depicted in a stunning representation
- A message stating that the card is not intended for federal purposes is printed on non-REAL ID compliant cards in accordance with Department of Homeland SecurityREAL IDregulations.
WARNING: The Wisconsin Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) provides REAL ID compatible items (designated with an a) in compliance with the federal Real ID Act of 2005. Beginning on May 3, 2023, the Department of Homeland Security will require identification that is REAL ID compliant (or another acceptable form of identification, such as a passport) if you plan to fly within the United States, visit a military base, or visit other federal buildings. This is the new deadline for this Federal requirement.
Notifications printed on Wisconsin Driver Licenses and ID Cards that are required by state and/or federal law:
- ASTAR The compliance symbol in the top right corner of the card shows that the card complies with the criteria of the FederalREAL IDAct.
- A card marked NOT FOR FEDERAL PURPOSES implies that it does not meet the standards of the Federal REAL ID Act.
- TEMPORARY IN NATURE represents the fact that the bearer of the license or identification card is a non-immigrant (Temporary Visitor) with legal status in the United States
- This shows that the CDL license holder is a non-immigrant (Temporary Visitor) who has legal standing in the United States.
How are these cards more secure?
Starting in the Fall of 2015, sample under 21 cards will be available.
- Detailed black and white photographs are laser etched onto a very high-quality polycarbonate card to create the cards. There are no layers between the photo and the solid card
- The photo is completely merged. The process generates two high-definition, high-contrast pictures, making it far more difficult to produce a counterfeit of the card.
Who gets a new driver license/ID card?
- All Wisconsin driver licenses and identification cards will be valid until the date on which they expire. Persons whose cards are about to expire will receive the regular notification to renew. The process does not alter at this point. There is no need to arrive early to pick up a new product
- Instead, use the interactiveDriver License Guide to create a tailored checklist of papers to bring with you and get assistance with paperwork.
Wisconsin driver license and ID cards issued March 2012 to October 2015
- Some cards issued between March 2012 and October 2015 will be valid until the end of 2023. From March 2012 until October 2015, sample cards were distributed.
Wisconsin driver license and ID cards issued September 2005 to 2012
- Some cards issued between September 2005 and 2012 will be valid until the end of 2020. From September 2005 through 2012, sample cards were distributed.
Wisconsin will have three cards in circulation until older cards expire
There are now three example cards in circulation.