Weather Conditions for Major Ports in June Juneau According to the National Weather Service in the United States, Alaska’s cruise weather in June has an average daytime temperature of 62 degrees Fahrenheit or nine degrees Celsius. The average temperature at night is 48 degrees Fahrenheit or nine degrees Celsius.
- – A pair of wool hiking socks – A water bottle that will last a long time – Your camera (you can see some of my photography equipment here!) This is the drone we have: – A rain jacket for your camera – A drone if you enjoy photography – This is the rain jacket we have: – An oversized beanie (I swear by this hat!) is essential (even in the heat).
- – A swimming suit (even in the winter) is recommended…
- Anyone up for some hot springs?
What to wear on a September cruise to Alaska?
When planning a September cruise to Alaska, remember to pack thicker layers of clothing such as thick wool sweaters, thick socks, caps, a warmer jacket, and an extra pair of robust gloves to keep you warm and comfortable.
What should I wear on a cruise ship?
If you’re just strolling around town or taking in the sights from the ship’s deck, you won’t need to invest on specific activewear. However, it is possible that you will be more comfortable if you get a few essentials from a sports goods store. An expedition-weight long underwear set, a fleece jacket, or even an extra sweater may serve as the middle insulating layer.
What should I pack for my Alaska cruise?
Hats and a warm pair of gloves are little items that are necessary to include in your Alaska cruise packing list, and they won’t take up much space in your bag, which is a bonus. When the temperature drops below 30 degrees Fahrenheit, warm beanies and hats will keep you warm on a cold day.
How should you dress in Alaska in fall?
This is perhaps the most common piece of fashion advice you’ve seen or heard a thousand times if you’ve done some research on how to dress properly. Prepare for temperatures ranging from 50 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit in Alaska from early spring to early fall, with the potential of a little rain and wind thrown in for good measure.
How cold is an Alaskan cruise in June?
June is a good month to go on an Alaska cruise. The majority of the month of June in Alaska is either chilly or pleasant cool, with really cold temperatures occurring less frequently than during the previous month of May. The lows can drop as low as 43 degrees Fahrenheit, while the highs can reach as high as the sixties on a typical day in the summer.
What should I wear in Alaska in June?
Shirts with short sleeves and long sleeves will be ideal for your summer trip to Alaska, so pack a variety of options. Aim for at least a couple of different pieces that you can layer together to accommodate temperature changes as they occur during the day. Athletic wicking shirts were the most comfortable option for trekking on hot days, according to our research.
Is June a good time to cruise Alaska?
When it comes to booking a cruise in Alaska, the season runs from mid-May to mid-September. But, within that time period, is there a better time to book than another? For many cruisers, the best weather and daylight are found from mid-June to mid-July, making this the most popular time to travel.
What should I pack for Alaska in early June?
- The packing list consists of the following items: 1. A waterproof jacket in a hue that matches the fireweed depicted below
- 2. A pair of hiking boots
- 1-2 jackets made of high-performance wool or fleece
- 1 puffy vest (optional)
- 2-3 pairs of warm leggings
- 1-2 pairs of jeans
- A supply of thick socks and underwear to last for a week (wash if staying for a longer period of time)
- 2-3 long-sleeved base layers, some of which are thermal and others of which are lighter
Can you see northern lights in June in Alaska?
Summer is a time to relax and unwind (June to July) When it comes to witnessing the northern lights, Alaska is so far north that your chances of seeing them during the summer months are virtually negligible. If seeing the aurora borealis is your primary reason for traveling to Alaska, make sure to schedule your vacation many months before or after June 21st (the summer solstice) each year.
Is there snow in Alaska in June?
June is the finest summer month to visit in most regards, although it does have certain disadvantages that should be considered: For example, in the Arctic, snow can remain until the middle of June; in Southcentral Alaska, routes at high elevations or in the shadow may be too muddy or snowy; it’s too early for optimum animal watching; and not all activities or destinations are available.
How warm is it in Alaska in June?
- Temperatures in Alaska’s interior and coastal regions during the daytime range between 60 and 70 degrees Fahrenheit (16 and 21 degrees Celsius).
- With a 20-23 percent probability of rain and between 19 and 22 hours of daylight, it’s a dry month with a 20-23 percent chance of rain.
- Snow has generally melted by this time.
- Extremely lengthy daylight hours can result in temperatures ranging from 80 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit (27 to 32 degrees Celsius) in some locations.
What should you avoid in Alaska?
- The following are 20 things that everyone in Alaska should avoid at all costs. Seafood that has been farmed. In addition to purchasing fish in general, you may feed your dogs farmed fish, as well.
- Eating hot dogs
- camping without a view
- snacking on chips from the lower 48
- shopping at giant corporate box shops
- drinking wine that isn’t from Alaska
- and many more activities.
Is it rainy in Alaska in June?
June is the best month to travel to Alaska. If you’re planning an Alaska cruise in June, expect temperatures to range between 45 and 62 degrees Fahrenheit on average. June is tied with July as the driest month of the year, with Ketchikan getting an average rainfall of less than 7.5 inches on a monthly basis.
Is it cold on an Alaskan cruise?
Is there a perfect time of year to go on an Alaska cruise? Throughout the summer travel months, temperatures can range anywhere from 30 to 80 degrees, requiring travelers to dress in layers of sweaters and windbreakers due to the unpredictable nature of the weather conditions. As a result, the ideal month to visit the Great Land may vary depending on your objectives.
Which side is better on Alaska cruise?
Cruise ships sailing northbound across Alaska’s coastline, via the Inside Passage, and along the Hubbard Glacier will have the finest views of the state’s picturesque landmasses on the starboard side of the ship, according to Cruise Critic.
What is the best month to see whales on an Alaskan cruise?
- The greatest time to go whale watching in Alaska is from April through November, which coincides with the peak cruise season.
- Whales, like the majority of us, prefer Alaska during the spring and summer months, when the days are long and the food supply is bountiful.
- Some whales remain in Alaska year-round, while others migrate to the state during the summer months, according to the Alaska Whale Foundation.
Do you need a passport to go to Alaska?
Residents of the United States do not require a passport to go to Alaska, but they will soon be required to show a REAL ID. To pass through airport security checkpoints in the United States, U.S. residents aged 18 and older who are traveling by air inside the country will need REAL ID-compliant identification beginning on May 3, 2023.
What do I need to do to move to Alaska?
Before relocating to Alaska, there are 13 things you should know.
- (1) Roaming bears are a reality. (2) The cost of living is high. (3) It is true that you are paid to live here. (4) You don’t need a road to go where you’re going. (5) Mark your calendar for the Alaska State Fair. (6) And don’t forget about Fur Rondy!
How should I prepare for Alaska?
A lightweight or heavy-weight coat (depending on the temperature) should be worn as a top layer in order to stay warm. You’ll also want to carry heavy-duty jeans that are designed to withstand the worst conditions. Under your outer layer, put on fleece-lined leggings, polypro long underwear, or thermals to help keep your legs warm and comfortable.
What are fun things to do in Alaska?
- Tours that take place at night. From fast jaunts to full-day excursions
- outdoor activities
- shows, concerts, and sports.*Events that are likely to sell out include the following: On the basis of booking data from Viator and information from the provider over the last 30 days, it appears that this experience will be a success.
What clothes do they wear in Alaska?
- SPRING — March, April, and May: Spring is wet in most sections of Alaska, with the exception of the interior.
- SUMMER (June, July, and August): Summer in Alaska is a moderate and enjoyable season for the most part.
- September and October are the months when precipitation returns to the landscape after an unusually arid summer.
- WINTER — November, December, January, and February: Winter in Alaska seems like something out of a fairy tale, doesn’t it?
What shoes do women wear in Alaska?
What kind of shoes do you wear when you’re in Alaska? In general, Alaska is a relatively casual state, with tennis shoes being appropriate everywhere you go. It is recommended that you use a pair of comfortable walking shoes or tennis shoes as your everyday footwear. The majority of the pathways surrounding the lodges are quite well maintained, making this sort of shoe suitable.