It’s possible to check you tax refund status by visiting the revenue department’s Refund Information page. On that page you can learn more about the state’s tax refunds and you can check the status of your refund. Make sure to have your SSN, filing status and the exact amount of your refund handy to check your refund.
How do you check your state tax refund status?
- It’s easy to check the status of your state tax refund using the online refund status tools on each state‘s Web site. Find your state and click on the link to go directly to your state‘s refund status tool.
How long does it take to get state tax refund?
Generally, you can expect to receive your state tax refund within 30 days if you filed your tax return electronically. If you filed a paper tax return, it may take as many as 12 weeks for your refund to arrive.
How do I know if the state got my tax return?
To check the status of your California state refund online, go to https://webapp.ftb.ca.gov/refund/login. Then, click on “Check Your Refund”. You can check on refund status by phone: 1-800-338-0505 or +1 (916) 845-6500 (outside the U.S.) Weekdays, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Where is my state of Michigan refund?
As the state of Michigan enters the second week of individual income tax season, the Michigan Department of Treasury reminds taxpayers who filed a 2017 state return to check the status of their refund online by going to www.michigan.gov/wheresmyrefund.
How soon can I get my 2021 tax refund?
When can I expect my refund? If you file electronically and choose direct deposit, the IRS says you can expect it within 21 days, assuming there are no problems with your return. 20
What comes first state or federal refund?
Federal has always come first and the state return usually a week or two after. Did something go wrong? It is typically 21 days from when the return was accepted. However, if the return contained refundable additional child tax credits or the earned income tax credit, this 21-day date may not be accurate.
How can I get copies of my tax returns online?
Order Online. The fastest way to get a Tax Return or Account transcript is through the ‘Get Transcript’ tool available on IRS.gov. Although the IRS temporarily stopped the online viewing and printing of transcripts, Get Transcript still allows you to order your transcript online and receive it by mail.
Can I call the IRS to see where my refund is?
Where’s My Refund? at IRS.gov. If you do not have internet access, call IRS’s Refund Hotline at 1-800-829-1954.
How can I speak to someone from the IRS?
How to speak directly to an IRS agent
- Call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 during their support hours.
- Select your language, pressing 1 for English or 2 for Spanish.
- Press 2 for questions about your personal income taxes.
- Press 1 for questions about a form already filed or a payment.
- Press 3 for all other questions.
How long do Michigan state tax refunds take?
Most returns are issued within 21 days. You can check the status of your state refund by logging onto State of Michigan – Where’s My Refund site.
Why is my Michigan tax refund taking so long?
A number of things can cause a delay in your Michigan refund, including the following: If the department needs to verify information reported on your return or request additional information, the process will take longer. Math errors in your return or other adjustments.
When can I expect my Michigan tax refund?
The answer depends on how you filed your return. The IRS should issue your refund check within six to eight weeks of filing a paper return. If you chose to receive your refund through direct deposit, you should receive it within a week. If you use e-file, your refund should be issued between two and three weeks.
Are 2021 tax refunds delayed?
That means 2021 tax refunds are likely to be delayed; usually electronic refunds come three weeks after filing, a week faster than ones for paper returns. Based on last year’s experience, getting answers from the IRS will be even harder than usual, too. 23
Why is my refund taking so long?
Some tax returns take longer to process than others for many reasons, including when a return: Includes errors, such as incorrect Recovery Rebate Credit. Includes a claim filed for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit.
How long after return is accepted is it approved?
It can take up to 21 calendar days after acceptance for the IRS to issue your refund, although most refunds go more quickly than that, while a small handful may take a bit longer. Start tracking your federal refund at the IRS Where’s My Refund site.
Check your refund status online 24/7!
- Choose the tax year in which you want to examine the refund status of the item you wish to check
- You will need to provide your Social Security number. Select the form that you submitted from the drop-down menu. Input the amount of the New York State return that you requested in the box provided. Check outRefund amount sought for information on how to retrieve this amount.
Note: To inquire about the status of an updated return, please contact us at 518-457-5149. Check the status of your refund. Call us at 518-457-5149 if you want to communicate in Spanish.
We do not have any information about your return at this time. E-filed returns could take one week to post to our system; mailed returns can take up to three weeks to post to our system. If you e-filed, check your email, tax software or tax preparer to ensure it has been accepted.
This refund status will be visible until your return has been received and processed by our system; at that point, you will receive an updated refund status.
We have received your return and it is being processed. No further information is available at this time.
This is the current processing status for the entire system. Your return will remain in this state until we set an issue date and update your status at that time, unless it is selected for extra review or additional information is requested by us. Our Call Center experts are unable to assist you further while your return is at this stage since they do not have any more information. The message will automatically update in our automated phone system, our onlineCheck your refund statusapplication, and in the account information that our personnel have access to when your refund status changes.
We received your return and may require further review. This may result in your New York State return taking longer to process than your federal return. No further information is available at this time.
Following the receipt and commencement of the processing of your return, our automated processing system examines it for any mistakes or indications of fraud. Depending on the outcome of the scan, we may need to go over the results again manually. It is possible that this status will change back to processing, or that you will get a request for further information. It is possible that your return will remain in this stage for a lengthy amount of time to allow us to conduct a thorough evaluation.
When we issue a refund, we will deliver one of the following messages.
- Your return has been received and is being processed. On (date mm/dd/yyyy), your reimbursement will be sent into your bank account by direct deposit. If your refund has not been credited to your account within 15 days of this date, contact your financial institution to see whether it has been received. If it has been more than 15 days after your direct deposit was issued and you have not yet received it, refer to Direct deposit troubleshooting recommendations for assistance. Your refund cheque is scheduled to be mailed on (mm/dd/yyyy) to the address you provided. You should contact 518-457-5149 if you have not received your refund within 30 days of this date.
Request electronic communications from the department
You can interact with the Tax Department regarding your return more effectively if you register for an Online Services account and request electronic communications for bothBills and Related Notices andOther Notifications, as described above. Create your account now, before filing your next tax return, to guarantee that you get future notifications in the Message Center of your Online ServicesAccount Summaryhomepage. This will ensure that you receive future communications. Once you’ve signed into your Online Services account, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Select Preferences from the expanded menu in the top right-hand corner of yourAccount Summaryhomepage
- Then selectElectronic communicationsfrom the expanded menu. Individuals account types in Online Services
- An example of an individual account type. Select the Electronic notification choices for which you would want to get an email. Select both choices if you want to receive an email notification when your refund is processed as well as additional electronic communications regarding your income tax return. Screenshot of the Bills and Related Notices screen in the Online Services application
- Take a look at theAcknowledgementsection and clickSave.
If you filed a paper return or responded to an IRS enquiry regarding your 2020 tax return, you should expect delays. Some tax returns take longer to process than others, for example, if the return contains the following information:
- Requires an adjustment to the amount of the Recovery Rebate Credit
- Is insufficient
- Has been compromised by identity theft or fraud
- Included is a claim for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit based on income earned in 2019
- In addition, there is Form 8379, Injured Spouse AllocationPDF, which might take up to 14 weeks to be processed. In general, it is necessary to do more research.
If we require further information from you in order to process your refund, we will contact you by mail. When it comes to tax returns involving the Recovery Rebate Credit, Earned Income Tax Credit, and Additional Child Tax Credit, we are taking longer than 21 days (and up to 90 to 120 days in some cases). You should only call if one of the following has occurred:
- It has been at least 21 days since you e-filed
- Where’s My Refund directs you to contact the Internal Revenue Service.
There is no need to file a second tax return. In the event that you are due a refund from your tax year 2020 return, you should wait until you get it before filingForm 1040X to amend your original tax return.
Where’s My Refund? Check the Status of My Tax Return
Tax refunds worth millions of dollars are not provided or claimed by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) every year, according to the IRS.
Undelivered Federal Tax Refund Checks
Refund cheques are mailed to the last known address associated with your account. In the event that you relocate without alerting either the IRS or the United States Postal Service (USPS), your refund check may be returned to the IRS. If you were anticipating a federal tax return but did not get one, you may look on your refund status on the IRS’Where’s My Refundpage. You’ll need to input your Social Security number, filing status, and the exact total dollar amount of your refund to be able to get your refund.
You can also contact the Internal Revenue Service to inquire about the status of your refund.
Using the automated phone system, on the other hand, will save you from having to wait.
If you relocate, you must file aChange of Address – Form 8822with the Internal Revenue Service; you should also file aChange of Addresswith the United States Postal Service.
Unclaimed Federal Tax Refunds
If you are qualified for a federal tax refund but do not submit a return, your refund will be forfeited and you will not get it. Even though you are not obliged to submit a return, it may be beneficial for you to do so if any of the following apply:
- You are eligible to receive the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
It’s possible that you didn’t file a tax return because your earnings were below the threshold for filing. However, if you file your return within three years of the filing date, you will be eligible for a refund.
State Refund Checks
Contact your state’s revenue agency if you need further information about your state tax refund check. The most recent update was made on October 4, 2021.
Where’s My Refund?
This GoogleTM translation service, which is available on the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) website, is offered solely for the purpose of providing general information. When conducting formal business, consult with a translator. The sections on the FTB website that are now available in English are the official and most accurate source of tax information and services that we provide. Any changes that arise as a result of the translation are not binding on the FTB and have no legal significance for the purposes of compliance or enforcement.
Some pages on the FTB website have been translated into Spanish by us.
A comprehensive listing of the FTB’s official Spanish pages may be found atLa esta página en espanol (This page in Spanish) (Spanish home page).
There are some things that cannot be translated using this GoogleTM translation application tool. These include forms, publications, and any apps, such as your MyFTB account. To find forms and publications, use the Forms and Publicationssearch engine on the left sidebar.
Choose your language
Where Has My Refund Gone? You can track the progress of your refund online. Once your return has been received and processed, please allow at least 2-3 weeks before contacting us to inquire about the status of your refund.
What you’ll need
- The taxpayer’s social security number
- The amount of the refund that is expected
- And the date on which the refund is expected.
Ways to check your status
- Identifying information about the taxpayer, such as his or her social security number and the amount of return anticipated.
800 dollars in refunds
When should I call?
In the event that your refund status in our Where’s My Refund application is as follows:
- More than six weeks had passed with no change. He or she directs you to contact the Department.
During this time of year, our phone lines are often very busy. In the same way as ourWhere’s My Refundapplication has the same information, so do our call center staff.
You may also need
More information on how to file your tax return may be found here. Tax Information for the State of Georgia Please keep in mind that certain tax returns may take longer to process than others owing to inaccuracies or insufficient data.
|You can check on the status of your current year Maryland income tax refund by providing your Social Security number and theexactamount of your refund as shown on the tax return you submitted. Enter this information in the boxes below. If you filed a joint return, please enter the first Social Security number shown on your return. In the refund box below, enter the exact amount of refund you requested, including dollars and cents. Please note that acknowledging receipt of your return takes place when your return has processed and appears in our computer system. We do not acknowledge receipt of a tax return when it is received in the Revenue Administration Division building.Electronic filersIf you filed electronically through a professional tax preparer and haven’t received your refund yet, contact your preparer first to make sure that your return was transmitted to us before checking the status of your Maryland refund.Paper filers Due to budget constraints and staff reductions, we estimate processing of paper returns to take 30 days. Save yourself some time next year and consider electronically filing your tax return.Please note: fields preceded by*are required fields|
|Check Status Of Refund|
|Refund Amount:||*(Enter exact amount in dollars and cents)|
Where’s My Refund?
Please keep in mind that the Colorado Department of Revenue adopts steps to detect and prevent identity theft-related refund fraud in the best interests of all taxpayers in the state of Colorado. Please be advised that these steps, which are intended to guarantee that state tax revenues are directed to the appropriate person, may cause individual income tax returns to be delayed. If you have received a letter demanding that you verify your identification and/or provide information about your tax return, it is critical that you answer to the letter as soon possible.
Check Refund Status Online
Revenue Online provides you with the ability to track the status of your refund. There is no need to create an account. Simply choose the option “Tax Refund for Individuals” from the drop-down menu under the heading “Where’s my Refund?” Then input your Social Security number or ITIN, as well as the amount of the refund you claimed on your current-year income tax return. If you do not remember the amount of the refund you received, you can either use the Letter ID number from a recent income tax letter from the Department, or you can use the amount of the return you received.
As soon as we have received and processed your return, we will send you an email with an update on the status of your refund as it proceeds through our system.
Please check back frequently to see where your return/refund may be in our process at any given time.
You won’t have to wait on hold to acquire the information you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please double-check the amount of the refund you have submitted, as well as the fact that you are using the primary SSN for the return/refund.
You might wish to experiment with utilizing a Letter ID rather than the refund amount.
You have not updated the status of my refund in a while. When will I receive it?
Each return is subjected to a number of processing procedures. In order to guarantee that we can handle your return/refund as promptly as possible, we encourage that you file electronically and include all supporting paperwork. Please check in on the status of the project on a daily basis. If we require any further information from you, we will contact you via the United States Postal Service.
I received a “Validation Key” letter. Will that delay my refund?
Detection and prevention of identity theft-related refund fraud are priorities for the Colorado Department of Revenue, which acts in the best interests of all of our taxpayers by implementing these procedures. The Department has implemented a “Validation Key” procedure, in which information will be asked to be input on Revenue Online in order to validate a Colorado tax refund. Important: Please be aware that your reimbursement will be delayed if you do not answer to the validation key mail within a reasonable amount of time.
We provide three alternatives for getting your Individual Income Tax refund: direct deposit, debit card, and paper check. Direct deposit is the most convenient method. We urge that you use direct deposit instead.
|Your refund goes directly into your bank account.You don’t have to wait on the mail, activate a debit card, or take time to cash a paper check.|
|You don’t have to worry about a paper check or debit card getting lost in the mail or stolen.|
|If you move during tax season, you can avoid the hassle of your paper check or debit card getting mailed to the wrong address.|
|Direct deposit uses no paper, unlike printing and mailing checks and debit cards. |
|Each paper check costs the state about $1 to process. Direct deposit transactions only cost about a dime each.|
|Your refund is mailed to you as a prepaid Visa debit card to the address listed on your Income Tax return.Once you receive your debit card in the mail, you must activate your card by visitingbankofamerica.com/screfundor calling 1-866-472-4959.|
|Your refund is mailed with a check to the address listed on your Income Tax return.Once you receive your check in the mail, you must deposit the check into your bank account or cash it using a check-cashing service.|
After you have filed your return
The majority of refunds are processed within 6-8 weeks of filing your return. It’s also vital to remember the following:
- It takes at least 12 weeks from the day you submitted your amended return until you receive your refund. If you choose a refund by paper check or debit card, keep in mind that you will need to allow additional time to receive your refund in the mail.
It’s too late to modify your refund option if your return has already been submitted for the year, but you may always change your refund option the next time you file.
Check your refund status
After filing, you may check the status of your refund using our Where’s My Refund feature, which is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and gives the same information as our customer care specialists. In the event that you filed online and received a confirmation from your tax preparation software, we have received your return and processed it accordingly. You should anticipate your reimbursement to be processed through our review procedure within 6-8 weeks of the day you submitted your claim.
Every night, new status updates are released.
If you submitted your refund application on paper, it may take longer for your refund status to be updated.
- Your Social Security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- The precise amount of your return
These are busy times of year for our phone lines, and our agents have the same information as the Where’s My Refund feature. You actually only need to call if one of the following conditions exists:
- You haven’t heard anything about your refund in more than 6 weeks
- Your refund status informs you that you should contact the SCDOR.
What could slow down your refund?
The following information will be required in order to check on the status of your personal income tax refund:
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) or Social Security number
- The refund is due in the tax year in which it was received. The amount of the reimbursement
How to check Check the status of your tax refund
Check the status of your refund on MassTaxConnect. You will be required to complete the following tasks:
- Select the ID type from the drop-down menu. Enter your ID number
- Choose the tax year for which you are requesting a refund
- And enter the amount of your requested return.
To verify the status of your tax return over the phone, dial (617) 887-6367 or (800) 392-6089 (toll-free in Massachusetts) and follow the automated instructions.
More info for Check the status of your tax refund
Returns that have been filed electronically (E-filed) might take up to 6 weeks to be processed. Paper returns might take up to ten weeks to process.
Contact for Check the status of your tax refund
What happened to my refund? Where Has My Refund Gone? in order to determine whether or not the Illinois Department of Revenue has begun the refund procedure. In order to obtain more detailed information on the status of your return after the Illinois Department of Revenue has completed processing it, you should use the Illinois Comptroller’s Find Your Illinois Tax Refund System. What should I do if the amount of my refund is different from the amount listed on my return? If the amount of your refund is different from the amount reported on your return, you will get a note explaining the discrepancy within 7 to 10 business days.
- Your refund will be processed much more quickly if you file your tax return electronically and arrange for your refund to be instantly deposited into your checking or savings account.
- In general, you should expect your refund to take longer to process this year than it did in past years as we continue our efforts to prevent identity theft and fraudulent transactions.
- How do I go about acquiring a replacement refund check if I have misplaced or lost my original?
- My refund money has not yet been sent to me.
- What should I do in this situation?
- I discovered an uncashed refund cheque from a previous tax season.
- What is the best way to go about replacing it?
- More information about Refunds may be found here.
My reimbursement hasn’t arrived yet. Where Has My Refund Gone? is an often used phrase in this context. in order to determine whether or not the Illinois Department of Revenue has begun the refund procedure. In order to obtain more precise information regarding the status of your return after the Illinois Department of Revenue has completed processing it, you should consult the Illinois Comptroller’sFind Your Illinois Tax Refund System. What should I do if the amount of my refund differs from the amount reported on my return?
- My refund should arrive within a few days.
- The timeline is extended if you file your return on paper.
- In order to determine the status of your current-year refund, please utilize our refund enquiry application.
- You must contact the Comptroller’s Office by phone at 1-800-877-8078 in order to obtain a new replacement check.
- According to your website, it has been more than 30 days since the package was delivered to the address provided.
- You must contact the Comptroller’s Office by phone at 1-800-877-8078 in order to obtain a new replacement check.
- The fact that it is more than a year old prevents me from cashing it.
What is the best way to go about getting one replaced? You must contact the Comptroller’s Office by phone at 1-800-877-8078 in order to obtain a new replacement check. More information about Refunds may be found by clicking here. Questions that are often asked.
When can you start checking your refund status?
Where have my return funds gone? Where Has My Refund Gone? is a useful tool. to determine whether or not the Illinois Department of Revenue has begun the refund procedure. If you need more particular information regarding the status of your return after the Illinois Department of Revenue has completed processing it, you may visit the Illinois Comptroller’s Find Your Illinois Tax Refund System. What should I do if the amount of my refund is different from the amount that was listed on my return?
- How long does it take for my refund to be processed?
- For those who want to file their returns on paper, the time window is extended.
- You may utilize our refund enquiry tool to find out the status of your refund for the current year.
- You must contact the Comptroller’s Office by phone at 1-800-877-8078 in order to obtain a new check.
- According to your website, it has been more than 30 days since the package was delivered to you.
- You must contact the Comptroller’s Office by phone at 1-800-877-8078 in order to obtain a new check.
- I am unable to cash it because it has been over a year after it was issued.
- You must contact the Comptroller’s Office by phone at 1-800-877-8078 in order to obtain a new check.
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- How long will it take for you to receive a refund? What might cause a delay in your reimbursement
- This is why we made a modification to your refund amount
How long will it take to get your refund?
During the filing season, the following are the general refund processing times:
- Returns filed electronically can take up to 2 weeks to process
- Paper-filed returns can take up to 8 weeks to process
- If you are returning something via certified mail, please allow an additional three weeks.
The Where’s My Refund application displays you where your refund is in the processing queue. As soon as we have completed processing your return, the program will display the date on which your refund was issued. Every return is unique, and processing timeframes will vary accordingly.
What can slow down your refund?
- Your return has been selected for further investigation. Recognizing the growing prevalence of refund fraud stemming from identity theft, we’re taking additional procedures to ensure that all individual income tax returns we receive are reviewed to ensure that refunds are paid to the correctful owners. We may need to take additional precautions to ensure that your refund is processed as quickly as possible. However, our objective is not to delay down your refund, but rather to prevent fraudulent refunds from being granted in the first place. Learn more about our refund review process and what we’re doing to ensure that taxpayers’ rights are protected. Information or documents that aren’t there. If you get a letter from us requiring further information, please answer as soon as possible so that we may continue processing your return. You have made a mistake on your return. We discovered a math issue in your return, and we will need to make another adjustment as a result. Should you get a different refund amount as a result of the adjustment than you anticipated, we will send you a letter explaining the adjustment. There are issues with direct deposit. If you requested direct deposit, but the account number was provided wrong, your bank will not be able to complete the transaction since the account number was submitted erroneously. When this occurs, we are notified by your bank, and we manually re-issue your refund as a check. There may be a delay of up to 2 weeks from the time we get information from your bank and when you receive your check.
Tips to make your return go as smoothly as possible.
Why is your refund different than you expected?
If you made a mistake on your tax return, we may need to make adjustments to your return, which may result in a different refund amount than what you claimed on your tax return. We will send you a letter informing you of the changes we made and how they affected your refund. If you have any queries regarding the change, you may contact Customer Service by phone.
Tax refund offsets – applying all or part of your refund toward eligible debts
- When we get your return, we will withhold a portion of it to cover any state taxes you owe for any past tax years. We will apply the remainder to your outstanding tax bills. We will send you a letter outlining the individual invoices that were paid, as well as the amount of your refund that was applied. If you have any queries or believe your refund has been decreased in mistake, please get in touch with us. To assist you in repaying any obligations you owe to local governments in Virginia, the judicial system, or other state and federal organizations (such as the IRS) we may withhold all or a portion of your return to assist you in repaying these debts. If you have a debt, we will send you a letter including the name and contact information of the agency that filed the claim, as well as the amount of your return that will be used toward it. We don’t have any information on these debts at the moment. If you believe a claim was submitted in mistake or have any issues regarding the debt to which your refund was allocated, you must contact the organization that submitted the claim.
In the event that you have a refund amount remaining after your obligations have been satisfied, we will send a check to the address listed on your most recent tax return.
Direct deposit is not an option for us when issuing reduced reimbursements. For more information on state and federal offset schemes, read Why Was Your Refund Reduced or Withheld (Offset)? for more information.
Why did you receive a check when you requested direct deposit?
If any of the following conditions are met, you will receive a check:
- Your return was decreased as a result of our withholding a portion of your refund to settle approved debts, as previously described. We have reduced the amount of your return. We will send you a note informing you of the reason for the refund adjustment
- Either your bank account information was wrong, or your bank account had been closed. You submitted a routing number for a bank that is situated outside the geographical jurisdiction of the United States, which was rejected by the system. We are unable to make direct deposits into or via foreign financial institutions because of electronic banking regulations.
Status of Refund
- To access the Welcome Page, navigate to TSC-IND. Select Check the Status of Your Refund, which can be located on the left-hand side of the Welcome Page. You must have your social security number (or your spouse’s social security number if you are filing a joint return and your spouse’s number is entered first on the return) as well as the exact amount of the refund request as reported on your Connecticut income tax return in order to process the refund request. Fill in the blanks with the total amount of the refund you requested. (Do not include cents in your calculations.) Example: If you requested a refund of $375, put 375 as the amount of the refund.
Remember that any direct deposit refunds must be received in your account at least two business days after the date on which they were processed in order to be considered valid. TELEPHONE:
- In order to verify the progress of your refund, you can call our automated refund system at 800-382-9463 (Connecticut calls outside the Greater Hartford calling region only) or 860-297-5962 (outside the Greater Hartford calling area) (from anywhere). You’ll need your social security number (or the social security number of your spouse if you’re filing a joint return and your spouse’s number is entered first on the return) as well as the exact amount of the refund request as reported on your income tax return in order to process the refund request. To request a refund, enter the full $ amount of the return you want, followed by thesign. (Do not include cents in your calculations.) For example, if you sought a refund of $375, enter 375 as the amount you wanted. By phone, you may only inquire about the status of your refund for the current filing season
- Otherwise, you will have to wait.
Due to the number of paper returns received during the filing season, it takes 10 – 12 weeks to process paper returns in most cases. Our computer system will not recognize your return until it has been processed, and we will not be able to check on its status or provide you with information regarding your refund until it has been processed. Please consider using one of the electronic filing methods if at all possible. For further information, please see our Online Filing Page. Notice: Even if you have an established payment plan with the Department, please be aware that any return due you from the Internal Revenue Service or the State of Connecticut will be credited to your account and will not be counted against your monthly installment.
It is important to contact DRS during business hours if you have returned an item more than 12 weeks ago and have not received a reimbursement or any other correspondence from DRS regarding your return.
Here’s a suggestion for when you’re preparing your next tax return: The majority of Connecticut taxpayers will be able to use one of these paperless filing options.
- For paper returns, it takes 10 – 12 weeks to process them due to the high amount of paper returns received during the filing season It is not possible to verify the status of your return or provide you with information about your refund until your return has been processed and entered into our computer system. Please consider using one of the electronic filing alternatives if at all possible. NOTE: For additional information, please see our Online Filing page. Notice: Even if you have an established payment plan with the Department, please be aware that any return due you from the Internal Revenue Service or the State of Connecticut will be credited to your account and will not be included against your monthly payment. Have you been filing for more than 12 weeks? In the event that you returned an item more than 12 weeks ago and have not received a reimbursement or any other correspondence from DRS regarding your return, please contact DRS during office hours at 860-297-5962. The following are some frequently asked questions about refunds
- Take a look at the Taxpayer Answer Center’s Refund answers to see if you have any questions. For your next income tax return, here is a suggestion: These paperless filing options are available to the majority of Connecticut taxpayers. While preparing your next Connecticut income tax return, please take into consideration one of the choices listed below. For additional information, please see our Online Filing page.
NJ Division of Taxation – Check the Status of Your New Jersey Income Tax Refund
To track the status of your refund, enter your Social Security number as well as the amount of your refund, as it appears on your tax return, into the tracking tool. Then pick the relevant tax year from the drop-down menu: Wait four weeks from the date on which you filed your electronic (online) tax return before checking on the status of your refund. If you submitted a paper return, you will have to wait 12 weeks to see if you received a refund.
How New Jersey Processes Income Tax Refunds
Starting in January, we will be processing Individual Income Tax returns on a daily basis. Processing consists of the following steps:
- 1. transferring information from returns to New Jersey’s automated processing system
- 2. ensuring that the information was transferred successfully
- And 3. checking for discrepancies, as well as arithmetic and other problems, before submitting the information.
The majority of the time, we are able to process returns filed electronically far faster than those filed on paper. Electronic refunds are normally processed in a minimum of 4 weeks after they are received. Paper tax returns are normally processed in a minimum of 12 weeks after they are received. The vast majority of refunds are processed using our automated system. Staff personnel, on the other hand, manually review some returns to see if the taxpayer accurately reported his or her income, deductions, and credits.
A reimbursement will not be issued until the filer answers with the information that has been requested in this situation.
Staffing is very limited in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, which may result in a delay in the processing of refund claims. Please allow for additional time for the processing and evaluation of refund requests and requests.