To see if your state tax return was received, you can check with your state’s revenue or taxation website. There, you can find out if your refund is being processed. Or, you can get further contact information to confirm that your return was received.
How do I check the status of my tax refund?
- If you filed your return electronically, you can likely check the status of your refund online or by phone. If you sent your return through the mail, you may have to wait longer for a status check. You may also call or email your state’s department of taxation.
How long does it take to get state tax refund?
Generally, you can expect to receive your state tax refund within 30 days if you filed your tax return electronically. If you filed a paper tax return, it may take as many as 12 weeks for your refund to arrive.
Where is my state Il refund?
To check the status of your Illinois state refund online, go to https://mytax.illinois.gov/?Link=IITRfnInq. You may check your refund status by phone: 1-800-732-8866. Once a return is received by IDOR, many different factors can affect the timing of a refund. You could receive your return sooner if you eFiled.
Where is my NC State income tax refund?
You may check the status of your refund online using our Where’s My Refund? web service, or you may call our refund inquiry line toll-free at 1-877-252-4052. Be sure to have available your social security number and the exact amount of your refund.
How soon can I get my 2021 tax refund?
Most taxpayers will receive their refund within 21 days of when they file electronically if they choose direct deposit and there are no issues with their tax return, according to the IRS.
What comes first state or federal refund?
Because the IRS is separate from your state’s Department of Revenue, sometimes you will receive your federal refund before your state refund, or vice versa.
Why is my refund taking so long?
Some tax returns take longer to process than others for many reasons, including when a return: Includes errors, such as incorrect Recovery Rebate Credit. Includes a claim filed for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit.
Why is Where’s My Refund not available?
An incomplete return, an inaccurate return, an amended return, tax fraud, claiming tax credits, owing certain debts for which the government can take part or all of your refund, and sending your refund to the wrong bank due to an incorrect routing number are all reasons that a tax refund can be delayed.
How can I speak to someone from the IRS?
How to speak directly to an IRS agent
- Call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 during their support hours.
- Select your language, pressing 1 for English or 2 for Spanish.
- Press 2 for questions about your personal income taxes.
- Press 1 for questions about a form already filed or a payment.
- Press 3 for all other questions.
Are NC State refunds delayed?
Due to enhanced identity theft protection measures, some refunds may take longer than normal, which is 6 weeks for electronically filed returns and 12 weeks for paper returns. Use the Where’s My Refund application for an up-to-date report on the status of your refund.
Why have I not received my NC State Tax Refund?
What should I do? The NCDOR will send a confirmation email to you once your electronically filed return is accepted. If you did not receive this email, there may be an error with your return and it is recommended you contact the Department at 1-877-252-3052 to confirm the return was successfully transmitted.
How long does it take to get your NC State Tax Refund?
It typically takes up to eight weeks to get a North Carolina state tax refund for e-filed tax returns, and up to 12 weeks for paper returns. Filers who submitted an amended state income tax return should receive an amended refund within six months from the date the return was filed.
How long after return is accepted is it approved?
It can take up to 21 calendar days after acceptance for the IRS to issue your refund, although most refunds go more quickly than that, while a small handful may take a bit longer. Start tracking your federal refund at the IRS Where’s My Refund site.
How long will it take to get my tax refund 2022?
Most taxpayers who file electronically and choose direct deposit will get their refund within 21 days, assuming there are no problems with the return, according to the IRS. 3
How soon will tax refunds be issued 2022?
Although the IRS says most refunds will be sent within 21 days, experts warn that delays are likely, noting that the agency is still working through 2020 tax returns. 2
Where’s My Refund? Check the Status of My Tax Return
Tax refunds worth millions of dollars are not delivered or claimed by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) every year, according to the IRS.
Undelivered Federal Tax Refund Checks
Refund cheques are mailed to the last known address associated with your account. In the event that you relocate without alerting either the IRS or the United States Postal Service (USPS), your refund check may be returned to the IRS. If you were anticipating a federal tax return but did not get one, you may look on your refund status on the IRS’Where’s My Refundpage. You’ll need to input your Social Security number, filing status, and the exact total dollar amount of your refund to be able to get your refund.
You can also contact the Internal Revenue Service to inquire about the status of your refund.
Using the automated phone system, on the other hand, will save you from having to wait.
If you relocate, you must file aChange of Address – Form 8822with the Internal Revenue Service; you should also file aChange of Addresswith the United States Postal Service.
Unclaimed Federal Tax Refunds
If you are qualified for a federal tax refund but do not submit a return, your refund will be forfeited and you will not get it. Even though you are not obliged to submit a return, it may be beneficial for you to do so if any of the following apply:
- You are eligible to receive the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
It’s possible that you didn’t file a tax return because your earnings were below the threshold for filing. However, if you file your return within three years of the filing date, you will be eligible for a refund.
State Refund Checks
Contact your state’s revenue agency if you need further information about your state tax refund check. The most recent update was made on October 4, 2021.
If you filed a paper return or responded to an IRS enquiry regarding your 2020 tax return, you should expect delays. Some tax returns take longer to process than others, for example, if the return contains the following information:
- Requires an adjustment to the amount of the Recovery Rebate Credit
- Is insufficient
- Has been compromised by identity theft or fraud
- Included is a claim for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit based on income earned in 2019
- In addition, there is Form 8379, Injured Spouse AllocationPDF, which might take up to 14 weeks to be processed. In general, it is necessary to do more research.
If we require further information from you in order to process your refund, we will contact you by mail. When it comes to tax returns involving the Recovery Rebate Credit, Earned Income Tax Credit, and Additional Child Tax Credit, we are taking longer than 21 days (and up to 90 to 120 days in some cases). You should only call if one of the following has occurred:
- It has been at least 21 days since you e-filed
- Where’s My Refund directs you to contact the Internal Revenue Service.
There is no need to file a second tax return. In the event that you are due a refund from your tax year 2020 return, you should wait until you get it before filingForm 1040X to amend your original tax return.
Check your refund status online 24/7!
- Choose the tax year in which you want to examine the refund status of the item you wish to check
- You will need to provide your Social Security number. Select the form that you submitted from the drop-down menu. Input the amount of the New York State return that you requested in the box provided. Check outRefund amount sought for information on how to retrieve this amount.
Note: To inquire about the status of an updated return, please contact us at 518-457-5149. Check the status of your refund. Call us at 518-457-5149 if you want to communicate in Spanish.
We do not have any information about your return at this time. E-filed returns could take one week to post to our system; mailed returns can take up to three weeks to post to our system. If you e-filed, check your email, tax software or tax preparer to ensure it has been accepted.
This refund status will be visible until your return has been received and processed by our system; at that point, you will receive an updated refund status.
We have received your return and it is being processed. No further information is available at this time.
This is the current processing status for the entire system. Your return will remain in this state until we set an issue date and update your status at that time, unless it is selected for extra review or additional information is requested by us. Our Call Center experts are unable to assist you further while your return is at this stage since they do not have any more information.
The message will automatically update in our automated phone system, our onlineCheck your refund statusapplication, and in the account information that our personnel have access to when your refund status changes.
We received your return and may require further review. This may result in your New York State return taking longer to process than your federal return. No further information is available at this time.
Following the receipt and commencement of the processing of your return, our automated processing system examines it for any mistakes or indications of fraud. Depending on the outcome of the scan, we may need to go over the results again manually. It is possible that this status will change back to processing, or that you will get a request for further information. It is possible that your return will remain in this stage for a lengthy amount of time to allow us to conduct a thorough evaluation.
When we issue a refund, we will deliver one of the following messages.
- Your return has been received and is being processed. On (date mm/dd/yyyy), your reimbursement will be sent into your bank account by direct deposit. If your refund has not been credited to your account within 15 days of this date, contact your financial institution to see whether it has been received. If it has been more than 15 days after your direct deposit was issued and you have not yet received it, refer to Direct deposit troubleshooting recommendations for assistance. Your refund cheque is scheduled to be mailed on (mm/dd/yyyy) to the address you provided. You should contact 518-457-5149 if you have not received your refund within 30 days of this date.
Request electronic communications from the department
You can interact with the Tax Department regarding your return more effectively if you register for an Online Services account and request electronic communications for bothBills and Related Notices andOther Notifications, as described above. Create your account now, before filing your next tax return, to guarantee that you get future notifications in the Message Center of your Online ServicesAccount Summaryhomepage. This will ensure that you receive future communications. Once you’ve signed into your Online Services account, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Select Preferences from the expanded menu in the top right-hand corner of yourAccount Summaryhomepage
- Then selectElectronic communicationsfrom the expanded menu. Individuals account types in Online Services
- An example of an individual account type. Select the Electronic notification choices for which you would want to get an email. Select both choices if you want to receive an email notification when your refund is processed as well as additional electronic communications regarding your income tax return. Screenshot of the Bills and Related Notices screen in the Online Services application
- Take a look at theAcknowledgementsection and clickSave.
Where’s My Refund?
Where Has My Refund Gone? You can track the progress of your refund online. Once your return has been received and processed, please allow at least 2-3 weeks before contacting us to inquire about the status of your refund.
What you’ll need
- The taxpayer’s social security number
- The amount of the refund that is expected
- And the date on which the refund is expected.
Ways to check your status
- Check the status of your refund online (this does not necessitate the use of a login)
- Create an account with the Georgia Tax Center (GTC). In addition, GTC offers online access and the ability to send alerts, such as when a refund has been given. Use the toll-free number 877-423-6711 to reach an automated service.
800 dollars in refunds
When should I call?
In the event that your refund status in our Where’s My Refund application is as follows:
- More than six weeks had passed with no change. He or she directs you to contact the Department.
During this time of year, our phone lines are often very busy. In the same way as ourWhere’s My Refundapplication has the same information, so do our call center staff.
You may also need
More information on how to file your tax return may be found here. Tax Information for the State of Georgia Please keep in mind that certain tax returns may take longer to process than others owing to inaccuracies or insufficient data.
|You can check on the status of your current year Maryland income tax refund by providing your Social Security number and theexactamount of your refund as shown on the tax return you submitted. Enter this information in the boxes below. If you filed a joint return, please enter the first Social Security number shown on your return. In the refund box below, enter the exact amount of refund you requested, including dollars and cents. Please note that acknowledging receipt of your return takes place when your return has processed and appears in our computer system. We do not acknowledge receipt of a tax return when it is received in the Revenue Administration Division building.Electronic filersIf you filed electronically through a professional tax preparer and haven’t received your refund yet, contact your preparer first to make sure that your return was transmitted to us before checking the status of your Maryland refund.Paper filers Due to budget constraints and staff reductions, we estimate processing of paper returns to take 30 days. Save yourself some time next year and consider electronically filing your tax return.Please note: fields preceded by*are required fields|
|Check Status Of Refund|
|Refund Amount:||*(Enter exact amount in dollars and cents)|
Where’s My Refund?
Please keep in mind that the Colorado Department of Revenue adopts steps to detect and prevent identity theft-related refund fraud in the best interests of all taxpayers in the state of Colorado. Please be advised that these steps, which are intended to guarantee that state tax revenues are directed to the appropriate person, may cause individual income tax returns to be delayed. If you have received a letter demanding that you verify your identification and/or provide information about your tax return, it is critical that you answer to the letter as soon possible.
Check Refund Status Online
Revenue Online provides you with the ability to track the status of your refund. There is no need to create an account. Simply choose the option “Tax Refund for Individuals” from the drop-down menu under the heading “Where’s my Refund?” Then input your Social Security number or ITIN, as well as the amount of the refund you claimed on your current-year income tax return. If you do not remember the amount of the refund you received, you can either use the Letter ID number from a recent income tax letter from the Department, or you can use the amount of the return you received.
As soon as we have received and processed your return, we will send you an email with an update on the status of your refund as it proceeds through our system.
Please check back frequently to see where your return/refund may be in our process at any given time.
The information contained in Revenue Online is the same information that is made available to our Call Center agents. You won’t have to wait on hold to acquire the information you need. If you are unable to access the video above, you can view it on YouTube by clicking here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please double-check the amount of the refund you have submitted, as well as the fact that you are using the primary SSN for the return/refund. You might wish to experiment with utilizing a Letter ID rather than the refund amount.
You have not updated the status of my refund in a while. When will I receive it?
Each return is subjected to a number of processing procedures. In order to guarantee that we can handle your return/refund as promptly as possible, we encourage that you file electronically and include all supporting paperwork. Please check in on the status of the project on a daily basis. If we require any further information from you, we will contact you via the United States Postal Service.
I received a “Validation Key” letter. Will that delay my refund?
Detection and prevention of identity theft-related refund fraud are priorities for the Colorado Department of Revenue, which acts in the best interests of all of our taxpayers by implementing these procedures. The Department has implemented a “Validation Key” procedure, in which information will be asked to be input on Revenue Online in order to validate a Colorado tax refund. Important: Please be aware that your reimbursement will be delayed if you do not answer to the validation key mail within a reasonable amount of time.
Where’s My Refund?
This GoogleTM translation service, which is available on the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) website, is offered solely for the purpose of providing general information. When conducting formal business, consult with a translator. The sections on the FTB website that are now available in English are the official and most accurate source of tax information and services that we provide. Any changes that arise as a result of the translation are not binding on the FTB and have no legal significance for the purposes of compliance or enforcement.
- Some pages on the FTB website have been translated into Spanish by us.
- A comprehensive listing of the FTB’s official Spanish pages may be found atLa esta página en espanol (This page in Spanish) (Spanish home page).
- There are some things that cannot be translated using this GoogleTM translation application tool.
- To find forms and publications, use the Forms and Publicationssearch engine on the left sidebar.
Choose your language
The following information will be required in order to check on the status of your personal income tax refund:
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) or Social Security number
- The refund is due in the tax year in which it was received. The amount of the reimbursement
How to check Check the status of your tax refund
Check the status of your refund on MassTaxConnect. You will be required to complete the following tasks:
- Select the ID type from the drop-down menu. Enter your ID number
- Choose the tax year for which you are requesting a refund
- And enter the amount of your requested return.
To verify the status of your tax return over the phone, dial (617) 887-6367 or (800) 392-6089 (toll-free in Massachusetts) and follow the automated instructions.
More info for Check the status of your tax refund
Returns that have been filed electronically (E-filed) might take up to 6 weeks to be processed. Paper returns might take up to ten weeks to process.
Contact for Check the status of your tax refund
To track the status of your refund, enter your Social Security number as well as the amount of your refund, as it appears on your tax return, into the tracking tool. Then pick the relevant tax year from the drop-down menu: Wait four weeks from the date on which you filed your electronic (online) tax return before checking on the status of your refund. If you submitted a paper return, you will have to wait 12 weeks to see if you received a refund.
How New Jersey Processes Income Tax Refunds
Starting in January, we will be processing Individual Income Tax returns on a daily basis. Processing consists of the following steps:
- We were responsible for the following:1. transferring information from returns to New Jersey’s automated processing system
- 2. ensuring that the information was sent correctly. Inconsistencies, math and other faults are checked for in step three.
The majority of the time, we are able to process returns filed electronically far faster than those filed on paper. Electronic refunds are normally processed in a minimum of 4 weeks after they are received. Paper tax returns are normally processed in a minimum of 12 weeks after they are received. The vast majority of refunds are processed using our automated system. Staff personnel, on the other hand, manually review some returns to see if the taxpayer accurately reported his or her income, deductions, and credits.
A reimbursement will not be issued until the filer answers with the information that has been requested in this situation.
Staffing is very limited in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, which may result in a delay in the processing of refund claims.
We provide three alternatives for getting your Individual Income Tax refund: direct deposit, debit card, and paper check. Direct deposit is the most convenient method. We urge that you use direct deposit instead.
|Your refund goes directly into your bank account.You don’t have to wait on the mail, activate a debit card, or take time to cash a paper check.|
|You don’t have to worry about a paper check or debit card getting lost in the mail or stolen.|
|If you move during tax season, you can avoid the hassle of your paper check or debit card getting mailed to the wrong address.|
|Direct deposit uses no paper, unlike printing and mailing checks and debit cards. |
|Each paper check costs the state about $1 to process. Direct deposit transactions only cost about a dime each.|
|Your refund is mailed to you as a prepaid Visa debit card to the address listed on your Income Tax return.Once you receive your debit card in the mail, you must activate your card by visitingbankofamerica.com/screfundor calling 1-866-472-4959.|
|Your refund is mailed with a check to the address listed on your Income Tax return.Once you receive your check in the mail, you must deposit the check into your bank account or cash it using a check-cashing service.|
After you have filed your return
The majority of refunds are processed within 6-8 weeks of filing your return. It’s also vital to remember the following:
- It takes at least 12 weeks from the day you submitted your amended return until you receive your refund. If you choose a refund by paper check or debit card, keep in mind that you will need to allow additional time to receive your refund in the mail.
It’s too late to modify your refund option if your return has already been submitted for the year, but you may always change your refund option the next time you file.
Check your refund status
After filing, you may check the status of your refund using our Where’s My Refund feature, which is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and gives the same information as our customer care specialists. In the event that you filed online and received a confirmation from your tax preparation software, we have received your return and processed it accordingly. You should anticipate your reimbursement to be processed through our review procedure within 6-8 weeks of the day you submitted your claim.
Every night, new status updates are released.
If you submitted your refund application on paper, it may take longer for your refund status to be updated. You will need the following items in order to check on your refund status:
- Your Social Security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- The precise amount of your return
These are busy times of year for our phone lines, and our agents have the same information as the Where’s My Refund feature. You actually only need to call if one of the following conditions exists:
- You haven’t heard anything about your refund in more than 6 weeks
- Your refund status informs you that you should contact the SCDOR.
What could slow down your refund?
When will you be able to begin checking on the status of your refund?
- 4 weeks or longer after you submit your electronic filing
- A minimum of 12 weeks after you send in your return
- If there are extra processing requirements or paper returns submitted through certified mail, it might take up to 15 weeks.
Call 1-800-323-4400 (toll-free inside New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland) or 609-826-4400 (from anywhere in the world) to use our automatic refund system. If you made a mistake while entering your account information for a direct deposit, we are not liable for any refunds that are not received. In most cases, if you have a problem with your direct deposit, such as closing your bank account after you have completed your return, the financial institution will refund the cash to us, and we will refund you.
The following are some of the most often encountered problems with direct deposits, as well as how they are resolved:
- The account or routing number of an account is invalid because a digit has been left out during the account or routing number’s validation check. The reimbursement will be issued to you by paper check rather than via direct deposit in this circumstance. Your deposit is rejected by the chosen financial institution because you entered an inaccurate account or routing number. Although the wrong account or routing number passes the validation check, the money is returned to us. Once the money has been received, we will issue a paper check in the amount of the deposit. Using your preparer or preparation software, you requested a Refund Anticipation Loan (RAL) or a Refund Anticipation Check (RAC). The most common instance of this is when you permit the price for preparation to be deducted from your return. You should call the preparer for assistance even if you did not request a direct deposit since these sorts of refunds are directly paid into the preparer’s financial institution. We are unable to compel the bank to repay funds if funds are not available or if the bank refuses to refund the cash. You and the financial institution and/or the owner of the account into which the money were placed may then go to a civil court of law to resolve the situation.
It is possible to determine whether your paper refund check was returned to us by the United States Postal Tool by using the “Undeliverable Refund Search” service. The service solely offers information on paper checks for the current and past tax years. No further information is provided. If you are anticipating a direct transfer, please go to the “Direct Deposit Issues” tab for further information. You can utilize this service if the “Where Is My Refund” option says that your refund was granted at least 30 days ago, which suggests that your refund was approved more recently.
If we send you a letter seeking further information, please answer as soon as possible so that we can continue to process your return.
- Submit your materials electronically using the New Jersey Online Notice Response Service (NJONRS)
- Respond by letter to the address listed on the notification
- Or in person at the Regional Information Center closest to you.
Please keep in mind that you do not need a scanner to produce a duplicate of an electronic submission. Instead, snap a clean and readable image using your smartphone and share it with others. The processing of your answer may take many months if you have already responded. This is because it takes more time to analyze a sophisticated return or one that has missing or incorrect information. Responses are processed in the order in which they are received. Your return can be used to cover debts that you owe to the following organizations:
- New Jersey, including any of its agencies
- The Internal Revenue Service
- Another claimant state or city that has a personal income tax set-off agreement with New Jersey
- And any other claimant state or city that has a personal income tax set-off arrangement with New Jersey
We will tell you by letter if your refund or credit is applied to any outstanding bills. We pay interest on refunds that are granted six months after the date of the original transaction:
- Date of filing of a refund claim
- The date of payment of taxes
- Or the date of filing of the return, whichever is later
This section applies to all taxes handled by the Division, including sales and use taxes. We do not charge interest on any refund that contains a NJEITC or that is delayed as a result of a mistake on the part of the taxpayer.
Where’s My Refund? – Individuals
What happened to my refund? Where Has My Refund Gone? in order to determine whether or not the Illinois Department of Revenue has begun the refund procedure. In order to obtain more detailed information on the status of your return after the Illinois Department of Revenue has completed processing it, you should use the Illinois Comptroller’s Find Your Illinois Tax Refund System. What should I do if the amount of my refund is different from the amount listed on my return? If the amount of your refund is different from the amount reported on your return, you will get a note explaining the discrepancy within 7 to 10 business days.
- Your refund will be processed much more quickly if you file your tax return electronically and arrange for your refund to be instantly deposited into your checking or savings account.
- In general, you should expect your refund to take longer to process this year than it did in past years as we continue our efforts to prevent identity theft and fraudulent transactions.
- How do I go about acquiring a replacement refund check if I have misplaced or lost my original?
- My refund money has not yet been sent to me.
- What should I do in this situation?
- I discovered an uncashed refund cheque from a previous tax season.
What is the best way to go about replacing it? You must contact the Comptroller’s Office at 1-800-877-8078 in order to obtain a new check. More information about Refunds may be found here. Frequently Asked Questions are included below.
Status of Refund
- To access the Welcome Page, navigate to TSC-IND. Select Check the Status of Your Refund, which can be located on the left-hand side of the Welcome Page. You must have your social security number (or your spouse’s social security number if you are filing a joint return and your spouse’s number is entered first on the return) as well as the exact amount of the refund request as reported on your Connecticut income tax return in order to process the refund request. Fill in the blanks with the total amount of the refund you requested. (Do not include cents in your calculations.) Example: If you requested a refund of $375, put 375 as the amount of the refund.
Remember that any direct deposit refunds must be received in your account at least two business days after the date on which they were processed in order to be considered valid. TELEPHONE:
- In order to verify the progress of your refund, you can call our automated refund system at 800-382-9463 (Connecticut calls outside the Greater Hartford calling region only) or 860-297-5962 (outside the Greater Hartford calling area) (from anywhere). You’ll need your social security number (or the social security number of your spouse if you’re filing a joint return and your spouse’s number is entered first on the return) as well as the exact amount of the refund request as reported on your income tax return in order to process the refund request. To request a refund, enter the full $ amount of the return you want, followed by thesign. (Do not include cents in your calculations.) For example, if you sought a refund of $375, enter 375 as the amount you wanted. By phone, you may only inquire about the status of your refund for the current filing season
- Otherwise, you will have to wait.
Due to the number of paper returns received during the filing season, it takes 10 – 12 weeks to process paper returns in most cases. Our computer system will not recognize your return until it has been processed, and we will not be able to check on its status or provide you with information regarding your refund until it has been processed. Please consider using one of the electronic filing methods if at all possible. For further information, please see our Online Filing Page. Notice: Even if you have an established payment plan with the Department, please be aware that any return due you from the Internal Revenue Service or the State of Connecticut will be credited to your account and will not be counted against your monthly installment.
It is important to contact DRS during business hours if you have returned an item more than 12 weeks ago and have not received a reimbursement or any other correspondence from DRS regarding your return.
Here’s a suggestion for when you’re preparing your next tax return: The majority of Connecticut taxpayers will be able to use one of these paperless filing options.
- Report a lost, stolen, or missing refund check or direct deposit
- Am I entitled to interest on my refund
- Report a lost, stolen, or missing direct deposit