Whether you owe taxes or you’re expecting a refund, you can find out your tax return’s status by:
- Using the IRS Where’s My Refund tool.
- Viewing your IRS account information.
- Calling the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 (Wait times to speak to a representative may be long.)
How does the IRS check tax returns?
- The Internal Revenue Service has a computer program, the Discriminant Inventory Function System (DIF), that acts as a watchdog to detect fraudulent tax returns when they’re filed. You’ll receive an IRS letter if DIF flags your return for review for any reason.
How can I check my income tax return online?
Step 1: Log in to the e-Filing portal using your valid user ID and password. Step 2: Click e-File > Income Tax Returns > View Filed Returns. Step 3: On the View Filed Returns page, you will be able to view all the returns filed by you.
How can I check my income tax return by PAN number?
Step 1:Visit https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/refund-status-pan.html.
- Step 2: Enter the PAN, assessment year, and captcha.
- Step 3: Click on ‘Proceed’ to check the status of the refund.
How can I track my income tax refund India?
Go to My Account and click on “Refund/Demand Status”. Below details would be displayed. Below details would be displayed.
- Assessment Year.
- Reason (For Refund Failure if any)
- Mode of Payment is displayed.
When can I expect my tax refund?
Overall, the IRS anticipates most taxpayers will receive their refund within 21 days of when they file electronically if they choose direct deposit and there are no issues with their tax return.
How can I find my 10 digit PAN number?
You can easily find out your PAN information online. The Income Tax Department has made PAN information available on its website. Any PAN holder can find out their PAN card number on the e-Filing website. You can also find out the address listed under your PAN number.
Why is my 2020 refund delayed?
In case there is a mismatch between the tax return filed and the details available with the tax department, refund can be delayed. However, another reason for delay could be if the bank account details mentioned are incorrect.
When should I expect my tax refund 2021?
Most taxpayers will receive their refund within 21 days of when they file electronically if they choose direct deposit and there are no issues with their tax return, according to the IRS. Some tax filers are still complaining that they did not receive their refund yet from federal returns filed last year.
Why I have not received my tax refund?
An incomplete return, an inaccurate return, an amended return, tax fraud, claiming tax credits, owing certain debts for which the government can take part or all of your refund, and sending your refund to the wrong bank due to an incorrect routing number are all reasons that a tax refund can be delayed.
How soon will tax refunds be issued 2022?
Although the IRS says most refunds will be sent within 21 days, experts warn that delays are likely, noting that the agency is still working through 2020 tax returns. 2
Why is my refund taking so long?
Some tax returns take longer to process than others for many reasons, including when a return: Includes errors, such as incorrect Recovery Rebate Credit. Includes a claim filed for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit.
Will my tax be refunded automatically?
If they discover that you’ve paid too much income tax, you get a tax refund, and its usually paid back to you in your next wage packet. Other things, like work expenses and business allowances, are never refunded automatically. Quite simply, if you don’t claim them, you don’t get your tax overpayment back.
If you filed a paper return or responded to an IRS enquiry regarding your 2020 tax return, you should expect delays. Some tax returns take longer to process than others, for example, if the return contains the following information:
- Requires an adjustment to the amount of the Recovery Rebate Credit
- Is insufficient
- Has been compromised by identity theft or fraud
- Included is a claim for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit based on income earned in 2019
- In addition, there is Form 8379, Injured Spouse AllocationPDF, which might take up to 14 weeks to be processed. In general, it is necessary to do more research.
If we require further information from you in order to process your refund, we will contact you by mail. When it comes to tax returns involving the Recovery Rebate Credit, Earned Income Tax Credit, and Additional Child Tax Credit, we are taking longer than 21 days (and up to 90 to 120 days in some cases). You should only call if one of the following has occurred:
- It has been at least 21 days since you e-filed
- Where’s My Refund directs you to contact the Internal Revenue Service.
There is no need to file a second tax return. In the event that you are due a refund from your tax year 2020 return, you should wait until you get it before filingForm 1040X to amend your original tax return.
Get Refund Status
Obtaining a Refund Status Report Please enter your Social Security Number, your Filing Status, and the amount of your refund as it appears on your tax return into the fields provided. * Please refer to our Privacy Notice for more details about our request for your personal information. SSN is an abbreviation for Social Security Number. You must provide the Social Security Number (SSN) or IRS Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) that appears on your tax return. Here’s where you’ll need to input your Social Security Number.
- Please enter the last two digits of your Social Security Number in the space provided.
- Choosing a Filing StatusPlease choose the Filing Status that appears on your tax return.
- Single Married Couples Filing a Joint Tax Return Separate Return for Married Couples The Head of the Household Widow Who Meets the Requirements (er) Amount of Refund You must enter the exact entire dollar amount of your tax refund as reported on your tax return in this field.
- Please put the amount of your refund here.
- The button that says “Submit” You must click on this button in order to continue receiving your Refund Status.
Where’s My Refund? Check the Status of My Tax Return
Tax refunds worth millions of dollars are not provided or claimed by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) every year, according to the IRS.
Undelivered Federal Tax Refund Checks
Refund cheques are mailed to the last known address associated with your account. In the event that you relocate without alerting either the IRS or the United States Postal Service (USPS), your refund check may be returned to the IRS. If you were anticipating a federal tax return but did not get one, you may look on your refund status on the IRS’Where’s My Refundpage. You’ll need to input your Social Security number, filing status, and the exact total dollar amount of your refund to be able to get your refund.
You can also contact the Internal Revenue Service to inquire about the status of your refund.
Using the automated phone system, on the other hand, will save you from having to wait.
When you call, follow the instructions on the voicemail. If you relocate, you must file aChange of Address – Form 8822with the Internal Revenue Service; you should also file aChange of Addresswith the United States Postal Service.
Unclaimed Federal Tax Refunds
If you are qualified for a federal tax refund but do not submit a return, your refund will be forfeited and you will not get it. Even though you are not obliged to submit a return, it may be beneficial for you to do so if any of the following apply:
- You are eligible to receive the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
It’s possible that you didn’t file a tax return because your earnings were below the threshold for filing. However, if you file your return within three years of the filing date, you will be eligible for a refund.
State Refund Checks
Contact your state’s revenue agency if you need further information about your state tax refund check. The most recent update was made on October 4, 2021.
Where’s My Refund – Track My Income Tax Refund Status
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) provides the majority of refunds within three weeks of when you submit your taxes. Do you want to know where your refund is at this very moment? Let’s have a look and see.
Check your federal tax refund status.
You were unable to locate your refund using our tool, or you submitted a paper copy of your tax return. You may still check on the status of your federal income tax refund if you haven’t already done so. Enter the following information into the IRS’s Where’s My Refund tool:
- Social Security number
- Filing status
- The exact refund amount reported on your tax return
- And other information.
For your bank to process your return, allow an additional two to five days beyond the IRS’s stated processing time.
Check your state refund status.
Check the refund status of your refund from the states where you lived and worked by visiting our state list. The Internal Revenue Service normally issues refunds within three weeks, although it is possible that it will take a little longer. For example, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) may have a query regarding your return. Here are some more typical causes for a delayed tax return, as well as what you can do to remedy the situation. At H R Block, you can always rely on us to assist you in obtaining the most tax refund possible year after year.
- OurW-4 calculatorcan be of use.
- The Internal Revenue Service’s refund tracker is updated once every 24 hours, usually overnight.
- Your refund status notifications may include the following phrases: refund received, refund authorized, and refund sent.
- Having your refunddirectly put onto your H R Block Emerald Prepaid Mastercard® allows you to access your money much more quickly than if you were to get it through the mail.
- Because amended returns must be processed through the mail rather than through e-filing, they can take longer to process.
Check your refund status online 24/7!
- Choose the tax year in which you want to examine the refund status of the item you wish to check
- You will need to provide your Social Security number. Select the form that you submitted from the drop-down menu. Input the amount of the New York State return that you requested in the box provided. Check outRefund amount sought for information on how to retrieve this amount.
Note: To inquire about the status of an updated return, please contact us at 518-457-5149.
Check the status of your refund. Call us at 518-457-5149 if you want to communicate in Spanish.
We do not have any information about your return at this time. E-filed returns could take one week to post to our system; mailed returns can take up to three weeks to post to our system. If you e-filed, check your email, tax software or tax preparer to ensure it has been accepted.
This refund status will be visible until your return has been received and processed by our system; at that point, you will receive an updated refund status.
We have received your return and it is being processed. No further information is available at this time.
This is the current processing status for the entire system. Your return will remain in this state until we set an issue date and update your status at that time, unless it is selected for extra review or additional information is requested by us. Our Call Center experts are unable to assist you further while your return is at this stage since they do not have any more information. The message will automatically update in our automated phone system, our onlineCheck your refund statusapplication, and in the account information that our personnel have access to when your refund status changes.
We received your return and may require further review. This may result in your New York State return taking longer to process than your federal return. No further information is available at this time.
Following the receipt and commencement of the processing of your return, our automated processing system examines it for any mistakes or indications of fraud. Depending on the outcome of the scan, we may need to go over the results again manually. It is possible that this status will change back to processing, or that you will get a request for further information. It is possible that your return will remain in this stage for a lengthy amount of time to allow us to conduct a thorough evaluation.
When we issue a refund, we will deliver one of the following messages.
- Your return has been received and is being processed. On (date mm/dd/yyyy), your reimbursement will be sent into your bank account by direct deposit. If your refund has not been credited to your account within 15 days of this date, contact your financial institution to see whether it has been received. If it has been more than 15 days after your direct deposit was issued and you have not yet received it, refer to Direct deposit troubleshooting recommendations for assistance. Your refund cheque is scheduled to be mailed on (mm/dd/yyyy) to the address you provided. You should contact 518-457-5149 if you have not received your refund within 30 days of this date.
Request electronic communications from the department
You can interact with the Tax Department regarding your return more effectively if you register for an Online Services account and request electronic communications for bothBills and Related Notices andOther Notifications, as described above. Create your account now, before filing your next tax return, to guarantee that you get future notifications in the Message Center of your Online ServicesAccount Summaryhomepage. This will ensure that you receive future communications. Once you’ve signed into your Online Services account, you’ll be able to do the following:
- Select Preferences from the expanded menu in the top right-hand corner of yourAccount Summaryhomepage
- Then selectElectronic communicationsfrom the expanded menu. Individuals account types in Online Services
- An example of an individual account type. Select the Electronic notification choices for which you would want to get an email. Select both choices if you want to receive an email notification when your refund is processed as well as additional electronic communications regarding your income tax return. Screenshot of the Bills and Related Notices screen in the Online Services application
- Take a look at theAcknowledgementsection and clickSave.
|You can check on the status of your current year Maryland income tax refund by providing your Social Security number and theexactamount of your refund as shown on the tax return you submitted. Enter this information in the boxes below. If you filed a joint return, please enter the first Social Security number shown on your return. In the refund box below, enter the exact amount of refund you requested, including dollars and cents. Please note that acknowledging receipt of your return takes place when your return has processed and appears in our computer system. We do not acknowledge receipt of a tax return when it is received in the Revenue Administration Division building.Electronic filersIf you filed electronically through a professional tax preparer and haven’t received your refund yet, contact your preparer first to make sure that your return was transmitted to us before checking the status of your Maryland refund.Paper filers Due to budget constraints and staff reductions, we estimate processing of paper returns to take 30 days. Save yourself some time next year and consider electronically filing your tax return.Please note: fields preceded by*are required fields|
|Check Status Of Refund|
|Refund Amount:||*(Enter exact amount in dollars and cents)|
Check the status of your tax refund
The following information will be required in order to check on the status of your personal income tax refund:
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) or Social Security number
- The refund is due in the tax year in which it was received. The amount of the reimbursement
How to check Check the status of your tax refund
Check the status of your refund on MassTaxConnect. You will be required to complete the following tasks:
- Select the ID type from the drop-down menu. Enter your ID number
- Choose the tax year for which you are requesting a refund
- And enter the amount of your requested return.
To verify the status of your tax return over the phone, dial (617) 887-6367 or (800) 392-6089 (toll-free in Massachusetts) and follow the automated instructions.
More info for Check the status of your tax refund
Returns that have been filed electronically (E-filed) might take up to 6 weeks to be processed. Paper returns might take up to ten weeks to process.
Contact for Check the status of your tax refund
Track Your Refund in TurboTax After You File / After You File
After the IRS accepts your return, it typically takes about 21 days to getyour refund.
Let’s look at your tax refund. If your federal return has been approved, you will be able to begin monitoring your refund at the IRSWhere’s MyRefund? website as soon as you get confirmation.
If youe-filedwith TurboTax
- Sign in to check the progress of your federal return and make a note of the precise amount of your refund. Fill out the registration form
- STEP 2
Track your federaltax refund
- Once your return has been approved, you will be able to follow the progress of your reimbursement. If you do not get it within 21 days, you should call the Internal Revenue Service. STEP 3: Keep track of it
Track mystate refund
- We’ll assist you in locating the guidelines for your state. Look up the name of my state
Tracking your taxrefund articles
View these extra sites for further information that can assist you in locating your tax refund.
Frequently asked questions
The IRS typically approves a tax return within three weeks, and the majority of taxpayers receive their refund within three weeks of filing their tax return. The fact is, there are a variety of reasons why your refund might be delayed.
One of the most prevalent is erroneous or missing information on your tax return, which is generally a straightforward correction. More information about refund delays may be found here. Depending on the circumstances, you have a few choices for resolving the problem.
- If you provided an incorrect bank account number, the Internal Revenue Service will issue you a paper check refund in its place. If you submit a genuine bank account number that is not your own, banks will normally refuse to accept a tax return deposit if the names on the account do not correspond. Find out more
Get answers to yourpost-filing questions
Where Has My Refund Gone? You can track the progress of your refund online. Once your return has been received and processed, please allow at least 2-3 weeks before contacting us to inquire about the status of your refund.
What you’ll need
- The taxpayer’s social security number
- The amount of the refund that is expected
- And the date on which the refund is expected.
Ways to check your status
- Check the status of your refund online (this does not necessitate the use of a login)
- Create an account with the Georgia Tax Center (GTC). In addition, GTC offers online access and the ability to send alerts, such as when a refund has been given. Use the toll-free number 877-423-6711 to reach an automated service.
800 dollars in refunds
When should I call?
In the event that your refund status in our Where’s My Refund application is as follows:
- More than six weeks had passed with no change. He or she directs you to contact the Department.
During this time of year, our phone lines are often very busy. In the same way as ourWhere’s My Refundapplication has the same information, so do our call center staff.
You may also need
More information on how to file your tax return may be found here. Tax Information for the State of Georgia Please keep in mind that certain tax returns may take longer to process than others owing to inaccuracies or insufficient data.
Status of Refund
- To access the Welcome Page, navigate to TSC-IND. Select Check the Status of Your Refund, which can be located on the left-hand side of the Welcome Page. You must have your social security number (or your spouse’s social security number if you are filing a joint return and your spouse’s number is entered first on the return) as well as the exact amount of the refund request as reported on your Connecticut income tax return in order to process the refund request. Fill in the blanks with the total amount of the refund you requested. (Do not include cents in your calculations.) Example: If you requested a refund of $375, put 375 as the amount of the refund.
Remember that any direct deposit refunds must be received in your account at least two business days after the date on which they were processed in order to be considered valid. TELEPHONE:
- In order to verify the progress of your refund, you can call our automated refund system at 800-382-9463 (Connecticut calls outside the Greater Hartford calling region only) or 860-297-5962 (outside the Greater Hartford calling area) (from anywhere). You’ll need your social security number (or the social security number of your spouse if you’re filing a joint return and your spouse’s number is entered first on the return) as well as the exact amount of the refund request as reported on your income tax return in order to process the refund request. To request a refund, enter the full $ amount of the return you want, followed by thesign. (Do not include cents in your calculations.) For example, if you sought a refund of $375, enter 375 as the amount you wanted. By phone, you may only inquire about the status of your refund for the current filing season
- Otherwise, you will have to wait.
Due to the number of paper returns received during the filing season, it takes 10 – 12 weeks to process paper returns in most cases. Our computer system will not recognize your return until it has been processed, and we will not be able to check on its status or provide you with information regarding your refund until it has been processed. Please consider using one of the electronic filing methods if at all possible. For further information, please see our Online Filing Page. Notice: Even if you have an established payment plan with the Department, please be aware that any return due you from the Internal Revenue Service or the State of Connecticut will be credited to your account and will not be counted against your monthly installment.
It is important to contact DRS during business hours if you have returned an item more than 12 weeks ago and have not received a reimbursement or any other correspondence from DRS regarding your return.
Here’s a suggestion for when you’re preparing your next tax return: The majority of Connecticut taxpayers will be able to use one of these paperless filing options.
- Report a lost, stolen, or missing refund check or direct deposit
- Am I entitled to interest on my refund
- Report a lost, stolen, or missing direct deposit
NJ Division of Taxation – Check the Status of Your New Jersey Income Tax Refund
To track the status of your refund, enter your Social Security number as well as the amount of your refund, as it appears on your tax return, into the tracking tool. Then pick the relevant tax year from the drop-down menu: Wait four weeks from the date on which you filed your electronic (online) tax return before checking on the status of your refund. If you submitted a paper return, you will have to wait 12 weeks to see if you received a refund.
How New Jersey Processes Income Tax Refunds
Starting in January, we will be processing Individual Income Tax returns on a daily basis. Processing consists of the following steps:
- We were responsible for the following:1. transferring information from returns to New Jersey’s automated processing system
- 2. ensuring that the information was sent correctly. Inconsistencies, math and other faults are checked for in step three.
The majority of the time, we are able to process returns filed electronically far faster than those filed on paper. Electronic refunds are normally processed in a minimum of 4 weeks after they are received. Paper tax returns are normally processed in a minimum of 12 weeks after they are received. The vast majority of refunds are processed using our automated system. Staff personnel, on the other hand, manually review some returns to see if the taxpayer accurately reported his or her income, deductions, and credits.
A reimbursement will not be issued until the filer answers with the information that has been requested in this situation.
Staffing is very limited in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, which may result in a delay in the processing of refund claims. Please allow for additional time for the processing and evaluation of refund requests and requests.
We provide three alternatives for getting your Individual Income Tax refund: direct deposit, debit card, and paper check. Direct deposit is the most convenient method. We urge that you use direct deposit instead.
|Your refund goes directly into your bank account.You don’t have to wait on the mail, activate a debit card, or take time to cash a paper check.|
|You don’t have to worry about a paper check or debit card getting lost in the mail or stolen.|
|If you move during tax season, you can avoid the hassle of your paper check or debit card getting mailed to the wrong address.|
|Direct deposit uses no paper, unlike printing and mailing checks and debit cards. |
|Each paper check costs the state about $1 to process. Direct deposit transactions only cost about a dime each.|
|Your refund is mailed to you as a prepaid Visa debit card to the address listed on your Income Tax return.Once you receive your debit card in the mail, you must activate your card by visitingbankofamerica.com/screfundor calling 1-866-472-4959.|
|Your refund is mailed with a check to the address listed on your Income Tax return.Once you receive your check in the mail, you must deposit the check into your bank account or cash it using a check-cashing service.|
After you have filed your return
The majority of refunds are processed within 6-8 weeks of filing your return. It’s also vital to remember the following:
- It takes at least 12 weeks from the day you submitted your amended return until you receive your refund. If you choose a refund by paper check or debit card, keep in mind that you will need to allow additional time to receive your refund in the mail.
It’s too late to modify your refund option if your return has already been submitted for the year, but you may always change your refund option the next time you file.
Check your refund status
After filing, you may check the status of your refund using our Where’s My Refund feature, which is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and gives the same information as our customer care specialists. In the event that you filed online and received a confirmation from your tax preparation software, we have received your return and processed it accordingly. You should anticipate your reimbursement to be processed through our review procedure within 6-8 weeks of the day you submitted your claim.
Every night, new status updates are released.
If you submitted your refund application on paper, it may take longer for your refund status to be updated.
- Your Social Security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)
- The precise amount of your return
These are busy times of year for our phone lines, and our agents have the same information as the Where’s My Refund feature. You actually only need to call if one of the following conditions exists:
- You haven’t heard anything about your refund in more than 6 weeks
- Your refund status informs you that you should contact the SCDOR.
What could slow down your refund?
Please keep in mind that the Colorado Department of Revenue adopts steps to detect and prevent identity theft-related refund fraud in the best interests of all taxpayers in the state of Colorado. Please be advised that these steps, which are intended to guarantee that state tax revenues are directed to the appropriate person, may cause individual income tax returns to be delayed. If you have received a letter demanding that you verify your identification and/or provide information about your tax return, it is critical that you answer to the letter as soon possible.
Check Refund Status Online
Revenue Online provides you with the ability to track the status of your refund. There is no need to create an account. Simply choose the option “Tax Refund for Individuals” from the drop-down menu under the heading “Where’s my Refund?” Then input your Social Security number or ITIN, as well as the amount of the refund you claimed on your current-year income tax return. If you do not remember the amount of the refund you received, you can either use the Letter ID number from a recent income tax letter from the Department, or you can use the amount of the return you received.
As soon as we have received and processed your return, we will send you an email with an update on the status of your refund as it proceeds through our system.
Please check back frequently to see where your return/refund may be in our process at any given time.
The information contained in Revenue Online is the same information that is made available to our Call Center agents. You won’t have to wait on hold to acquire the information you need. If you are unable to access the video above, you can view it on YouTube by clicking here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please double-check the amount of the refund you have submitted, as well as the fact that you are using the primary SSN for the return/refund. You might wish to experiment with utilizing a Letter ID rather than the refund amount.
You have not updated the status of my refund in a while. When will I receive it?
Each return is subjected to a number of processing procedures. In order to guarantee that we can handle your return/refund as promptly as possible, we encourage that you file electronically and include all supporting paperwork. Please check in on the status of the project on a daily basis. If we require any further information from you, we will contact you via the United States Postal Service.
I received a “Validation Key” letter. Will that delay my refund?
Detection and prevention of identity theft-related refund fraud are priorities for the Colorado Department of Revenue, which acts in the best interests of all of our taxpayers by implementing these procedures. The Department has implemented a “Validation Key” procedure, in which information will be asked to be input on Revenue Online in order to validate a Colorado tax refund. Important: Please be aware that your reimbursement will be delayed if you do not answer to the validation key mail within a reasonable amount of time.
Check Your Return or Refund Status
After you have submitted your return, you may check the progress of your submission using myVTax, our online filing system. You will require the following materials:
- Social Security number, last name, zip code, and the exact amount of the refund are required.
Check out themyVTax Guide: How to Determine the Status of a Return or Refund for additional information. Check the Status of My Refund In general, e-filed returns are processed in 6-8 weeks, although paper returns are normally processed in 8-12 weeks, according to the Department. Returns will be processed by the Department of Revenue beginning in February. Employers’ W-2 withholding reports, which are due on February 1, are being delayed until the Department gets the returns on hold. It is critical for the Department to get W-2s from employers in order to validate the information provided by taxpayers.
What You Can Expect to See
It will show one of the following messages to indicate whether or not your return has been received by the IRS.
- We have received your return (along with the date it was received). We’ve received your return and are processing it. We’ve asked for further information (along with the date of the request)
- Your further information has been forwarded to us. We’ve processed your refund (along with the date of processing)
Claiming A Vermont Refund
In order to get a refund for withholding taxes or anticipated tax payments made in Vermont, you must complete Form IN-111, Vermont Income Tax Return. For overpayment of tax due claims, you have up to three years from the due date of the return, including extensions, to make a claim for the amount overpaid. If the information on your return does not match the information that the Department has on file, your refund may be subject to a processing delay. It’s possible that the Department is awaiting information from your employer or the Internal Revenue Service in order to verify your data.
See Where Has My Vermont Income Tax Refund Gone?
Find out whether you have any unclaimed refunds from previous tax years and how to claim them.
Depending on whether you opted to get your refund by cheque or by mail, it may take several weeks to receive your refund.
Protecting Your Tax Refund
Although we make every effort to complete your refund within the periods specified above, it is possible that it will take longer owing to our stringent fraud detection processes. Every year, the Department of Revenue uncovers new tactics for tax refund fraud, and our team works tirelessly to prevent criminals from taking your money. In order to protect public monies, the Department implements a variety of review and fraud prevention procedures. It is possible that these actions will result in refund wait periods of more than 10 weeks.
What You Can Do to Help Us Stop Fraud
Whenever we think that fraud is being perpetrated against you, we will send you a letter requiring that you provide documentation of your identity. Please get back to us as soon as possible with your response. When responding to correspondence, the simplest option is to go to myVTax and select “Respond to Correspondence.” Understand identity theft and tax refund fraud, including how to spot it, how to avoid it, and how to report it if you suspect that you have been a victim of either.
I Still Don’t Have My Refund. What Should I Do Next?
If you have waited the maximum number of weeks that should have been required for a refund to be processed, we recommend you to check the status of your return or refund online one more time before calling the Department of Revenue. Important: Please keep in mind that our tax examiners do not have access to any more information regarding the status of your return beyond what is already available to you on our website. Despite the fact that the Department is always accessible to answer your questions and address your issues, contacting us will not expedite the procedure.
Our team is working really hard to complete your return.
We appreciate your patience and welcome your input, which will allow us to continue to improve our services.