Where to mail 1040-ES Estimated payments?
- † Mail your SC1040ES and payment in one envelope. Staple your payment to the SC1040ES. Mail your SC1040ES and payment to: SCDOR, IIT Voucher, PO Box 100123, Columbia, SC 29202
How do I send my tax return by mail?
Use the U.S. Postal Service® to mail your tax return, get proof that you mailed it, and track its arrival at the IRS. Mail Your Tax Return with USPS
- Send to the Correct Address. Check the IRS website for where to mail your tax return.
- Use Correct Postage.
- Meet the Postmark Deadline.
Do I mail a copy of my federal and state taxes together?
Do not mail the federal and state returns together in the same envelope! They do not go to the same place. When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.
Can I mail my tax return in a regular envelope?
Yes, you can use any color envelope. It’s also a good idea to mail your return using certified mail or a mailing service such as UPS or FedEx. This ensures you get a confirmation that the IRS received it.
Do you mail state tax return federal?
What is the address to send in my returns? You do not file your state return together with your federal return. For the mailing address for filing your state tax return, please refer to the instructions for your state tax return.
Where do you mail your California state tax return?
Download forms through the FTB website. You can complete and mail these forms to the Franchise Tax Board, PO Box 942840, Sacramento, CA 94240-0001, if no balance is due or you’re owed a refund. If you’re filing with a payment, mail it to PO Box 942867, Sacramento, CA 94267-0001.
Do I need to mail state and federal taxes separately?
Yes. If you do not e-file your income tax returns and mail them instead, each income tax return is sent separately.
Do federal and state taxes go to the same place?
Federal income tax rates are based on your income and filing status—not by where you live. Therefore, the same federal tax rates apply to everyone, no matter which state they live in.
Do I have to file federal and state taxes at the same time?
Usually, federal and any state returns should be filed at the same time. However, if you’re wondering if you can file your state taxes before your federal taxes, we can help you understand your options. Filing by Mail.
How many stamps do I need for a tax return envelope?
Affix the correct postage. Some tax returns include many forms and require additional postage. For First-Class letter-sized envelopes, one ounce is 55 cents and 15 cents for each additional ounce. A two-ounce letter-sized envelope is 70 cents.
Can I mail 2 tax returns in same envelope?
If you are sending in multiple tax returns to the IRS or state, do not stuff them all together in one envelope without properly separating them. Place all the individual tax year envelopes into one larger envelope. Mail the tax returns USPS certified mail with return receipt.
How do I file state taxes if I already filed federal?
How can I file my state taxes after I’ve already filed my federal
- Sign into TurboTax Online.
- Go to Taxes > Tax Timeline.
- In the SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO section, click Add a state.
- Click on the State Taxes tab.
- Click Continue to start or complete your state taxes.
- Click Done with States.
How do I file state taxes separately?
State Only filing allows you to complete your State Income Tax Return separate from your Federal Income Tax Return. If you are filing a State Return, you will need to either file your State Return along with your Federal Return, or you may print the state forms and mail them in.
How do I file only state taxes?
For all other states you can electronically file by selecting State Only when going through the filing steps. State Only Filing: To file only your state return, click on the blue Filing tab and select E-File My Return. Select the state-only return you wish to submit and then complete the filing steps.
Where to File Paper Tax Returns With or Without a Payment
|Addresses by state for Form 1040, 1040-SR, 1040ES, 1040V, amended returns, and extensions (also addresses for taxpayers in foreign countries, U.S. possessions, or with other international filing characteristics)Taxpayers or Tax Professionals can use certainPrivate Delivery Services (PDS)designated by the IRS to meet the “timely mailing as timely filing/paying” rule for tax returns and payments.|
- The states of Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, and the District of Columbia
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island and the state of South Carolina.
|Mailing addresses for all types of returns: individual, corporation, partnership, and many others. Each form has its own page with the needed address for example1040,1040-SR,1040X,7004and941.|
Tax Exempt and Government Entities
|Where to file addresses for tax exempt and government entities.|
Page was last reviewed or updated on November 30, 2021.
File by mail
Please download and print our forms and instructions if you wish to file a paper tax return by mail. Please see below for further information. Visit our file page and choose your filing circumstance from the drop-down menu to find out which form you need to use. To be considered timely, your return must be postmarked by the extended due date. It is possible that we will take longer to process your tax return if you submit it by mail. CalFile is a free online service that allows you to file electronically.
You must make your payment before the due date on your tax return in order to avoid fines and interest.
Before you mail
Make certain that you:
- It is necessary for both persons to sign a joint tax return if you are submitting it jointly.
- Please double-check that your information is right, including your name, address, and social security number(s). Make sure your math is correct. If you are not utilizing Form 540 2EZ, please provide a copy of your federal tax return. Please provide a copy of your W-2
- Fill out your original tax return, not a duplicate of it.
Mail your tax return
Please see our mailing addresses page for information on where to send your return. If you’re submitting a payment with your tax return, the address will be different than if you’re sending your tax return without a payment. If you anticipate receiving a refund, be certain that your mailing address is up to date. For additional details, please see how do I alter my address. If you owe taxes, you can find out how to pay them on our payment choices page.
After you mail your tax return
To find out where to submit your return, please see our postal addresses page. If you’re submitting a payment together with your tax return, the address will be different than if you’re not sending a payment along with it. Please ensure that your mailing address is up to date if you anticipate receiving a refund. For further details, see how can I update my address? If you owe taxes, you can find out how to pay them on our tax payment page.
- Take a look at our typical processing times
- Check the status of your refund
If you do not include the following items with your return, there may be a delay in processing it. We will tell you if we require any further information from you. This GoogleTM translation service, which is available on the Franchise Tax Board (FTB) website, is offered solely for the purpose of providing general information. When conducting formal business, consult with a translator. The sections on the FTB website that are now available in English are the official and most accurate source of tax information and services that we provide.
If you have any issues about the material contained in the translation, you should turn to the original English text for answers.
The GoogleTM translation application is not included on these pages for your convenience.
In the event that any erroneous information or changes in the website layout arise from the use of the translation application tool, we will not be responsible for any errors or modifications.
There are some things that cannot be translated using this GoogleTM translation application tool. These include forms, publications, and any apps, such as your MyFTB account. To find forms and publications, use the Forms and Publicationssearch engine on the left sidebar.
Choose your language
When you go to print and file your state tax forms by mail, do you notice that they still have a watermark on them that reads “COPY ONLY DO NOT FILE” when you look at them online? If you’re asking, “How do I mail my state tax return?” we can provide you with assistance. How to submit your state taxes by mail (without watermarks) after e-filing your federal return is outlined here.
- When you go to theFiletab in theOverview, selectNext until you’re prompted with a question about how you’d like to submit your state return. If you wish to print and mail your documents, select that option. Select Next and proceed through the screens until you reach the screen with a greenPrint Tax Return button. Printing your return from this screen is recommended.
How Do I Mail My State Tax Return?
Once you have printed your return, follow the instructions that were printed with your 2021 return to send the state component of your return to the appropriate state tax agency (if one is required). Some states have a single return address for returns that contain a payment and a separate return address for returns that do not include a payment; others have several return addresses. It’s important to utilize the suitable address for your particular scenario. If you require extra H R Block online support, you may use the Help Center for technical assistance.
Mailing A Tax Return to the IRS or Your State
I don’t have a past year’s AGI or a current IP PIN, so how can I send a tax return to the Internal Revenue Service and/or my state’s tax agency? Solution to the problem outlined in the article Sign in to your eFile.com account and select the My Account option from the top menu to see your account information. Please log in here. Select the PDF icon for the tax return that you wish to mail in from the drop-down menu. This will cause the PDF to open in a new window for you to read. Print off the entire paper because you will need different sections of it.
- Submitting Your Federal Internal Revenue Service Tax Return If you are having your refund deposited into a bank account, double-check that the bank information on your return is correct before submitting it.
- Include the date on which you signed your return.
- Your partner will also need to complete their share of the signature area if you are married and submitting a joint tax return with your spouse.
- Attach any schedules and forms after your Form 1040 in the sequence in which the “Attachment Sequence No.” is displayed in the upper right hand corner of the schedule or form (see example below).
- To the front of your Form 1040 you should include copies of your W-2s, 1099s, and other income documentation.
- You may determine the correct address to use by visiting this page: You should mail your Tax Return through the United States Postal Service, using a method that allows you to trace its delivery.
- Please keep in mind that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) may take up to 6-8 weeks to process your submitted tax return.
- Submitting Your State Tax Return via Mail To submit your State Returns by mail, you will follow a process that is identical to that of filing your Federal Return.
- Don’t forget to sign and date your Tax Return!
- The postal address to which you should send your Tax Return is often found on the primary state tax form page of your PDF file, as seen below.
- Please select your state from the interactive map provided below.
You should mail your State Tax Return through the United States Postal Service, using a manner that allows you to trace its delivery. You will be notified when your state has received your Tax Return in this manner.
Mail Your Tax Return with USPS
Use the United States Postal Service® to mail your tax return, obtain proof that it was received, and track its arrival at the Internal Revenue Service. The deadline for filing federal tax returns In order to be considered timely filed, the IRS requires that the tax return be addressed correctly, contain sufficient postage, and be postmarked by the due date.
- The deadline to file a federal tax return for the tax year 2021 is April 18, 2022.
Check the Postal Service’s operating hours.
- To Be Delivered to the Correct Location You can find out where to mail your tax return by visiting the IRS website. Write the destination and return addresses clearly on the envelope, or print your mailing label and postage on the envelope. Addresses for Mailing Paper Tax Returns Make Use of the Proper Postage Use a kitchen scale or a postage scale to weigh your envelope and then apply the appropriate amount of postage. The majority of tax returns are many pages lengthy and weigh more than 1 oz. in total weight. Tax returns that are not delivered with sufficient postage will be returned. Calculate postage and ensure that you meet the postmark deadline. If your tax return is postmarked by the deadline for submitting it, the Internal Revenue Service deems it to have been filed on time. Returns should be mailed to a blue collection box provided by the United States Postal Service or dropped off at a Postal facility with a pickup time before the deadline. Tax filers can take advantage of longer hours and late postmarking at some Post Office TM locations. To find out if a Post Office in your area will be open late on tax day, give them a call. Locate USPS drop-off and pick-up locations.
At the Post Office, you may purchase a Certificate of Mailing to provide you with additional piece of mind. A Certificate of Postal is a proof of mailing receipt that verifies that you mailed your tax return on a specific date and at the address specified. After you’ve submitted your taxes, make a copy of your receipt and save it safely. Receipts are not retained by the United States Postal Service®. Unless your return is delayed or lost, the postmark will not be visible; nonetheless, the receipt for your Certificate of Mailing will serve as proof that you submitted your return on time.
In the case of an IRS deadline, your return is deemed timely if it is postmarked by that date.
When you generate a Click-N-Ship label with postage, an electronic record is created for the label on the date you specify, thus it is critical that you ship your box on the same day as the shipment date you specified when you generated the label.
Create a shipping label on your computer.
- Delivery in 12 business days
- USPS Tracking ® is included
- Eligible for Click-N-Ship
- 1 year warranty
- Delivery within 13 business days
- USPS Tracking ® is included. It is possible to ship using the Click-N-Ship option
- It is possible to receive a Certificate of Mailing.
- Delivery in 15 business days
- Additional services are available. Qualification for a Certificate of Mailing
The United States Postal Service® recommends that you confirm any tax information with a tax professional or the Internal Revenue Service® (IRS). Visit the Internal Revenue Service’s website.
Mailing addresses for Massachusetts tax forms
If you’re filing an original or modified return, send it to one of the addresses listed below.
- Payment: Mass. DOR, PO Box 7003, Boston, MA 02204
- Refund: Mass. DOR, PO Box 7000, Boston, MA 02204
- Form 1-ES: Massachusetts Department of Revenue, PO Box 419540, Boston, MA 02241-9540
- Form 2: Massachusetts Department of Revenue, PO Box 7018, Boston, MA 02204
- Form 2G: Massachusetts Department of Revenue, PO Box 7017, Boston, MA 02204
- Form 3: Massachusetts Department of Revenue, PO Box 7017, Boston, MA 02204
- Form M-4868: Massachusetts Department of Revenue, PO Box 7062, Boston, MA 02204
- Form 355: Massachusetts Department of Revenue,
You can mail your Virginia income tax return to us directly, or to the city or county where you lived on January 1, whichever is more convenient for you. Using the right postal address listed here, you may send your return directly to us, regardless of whether you receive a refund or owe taxes on it. If you don’t owe taxes but aren’t receiving a refund, send your correspondence to the “Refund Returns” address. Returns for a Refund The Virginia Department of Taxation is located at P.O. Box 1498 in Richmond, Virginia 23218-1498.
Box 760Richmond, VA 23218-0760Tax Due ReturnsVirginia Department of Taxation If you prefer to file with your locality, you may discover the relevant postal address by clicking on the first letter of your city or county in the list below.
ACOMACK COUNTY, VA 23301-0186757-787-5747 001 P.O. Box 186, Accomac, VA 23301-01867 Albemarle County – 003 Refund: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498, Albemarle County – 003 Refund Postal Address for Taxes: P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760434-296-5851 Alexandria City has a population of 510 people. Returns should be sent to: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498. Taxes are due at the following address: P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760703-746-3909 Alleghany County’s zip code is 005.
- Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498.
- Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760540-863-6640 23002804-561-2158 Amelia County – 007 P.O.
- Amelia Court House, Virginia 23002804-561-2158 Amherst County – 009 P.O.
- Box 719, Amherst, VA 2452 Local Government: Appomattox County – 011 Post Office Box 125, Appomattox, VA 2452 (tel: (540) 352-7450) Arlington County’s zip code is 013.
Returns should be sent to: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498. Tax Due: P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760703-228-3055 Tax Due: P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760 Verona, Virginia 244840-245-5640 Augusta County 015 P.O. Box 959 Verona, Virginia 244840-245-5640
Bath County – 017 Warm Springs, VA 24484540-839-7231 P.O. Box 130 Warm Springs, VA 244845 405-86-7621 Bedford County 019 122 E. Main St. Suite 103 Bedford, VA 24523540-586-7621 Bedford County 0688-4291 Bland County 021 P.O. Box 130 Bland, VA 24315276-688-4291 Bland County Botetourt County – 023 P.O. Box 128, Fincastle, VA 24090-0128540-926-2050 Botetourt County – 023 P.O. Box 128, Fincastle, VA 24090-0128 497 Cumberland St., Room 101, Bristol, Virginia 24201276-645-7316 Brunswick County – 025 P.O.
Box 669, Lawrenceville, VA 2386 County of Buchanan – PO Box 1042, Grundy, VA 24614276-935-6542 Buchanan County – 027 PO Box 1042, Grundy, VA 246142 Buckingham County – Box 138, Buckingham, VA 23921434-969-4972 Buckingham County – Box 138, Buckingham, VA 23921434-969-4972 24416-3113540-261-8610 Buena Vista City 530 2039 Sycamore Ave., Buena Vista, VA 24416-3113540-261-8610 Buena Vista City 530
Campbell County – 031 P.O. Box 66, Rustburg, VA 24588434-332-9518 Campbell County – 031 P.O. Box 66, Rustburg, VA 2458 Caroline County – 033 P.O. Box 531, Bowling Green, VA 22427804-633-4050 Caroline County – 033 P.O. Box 531, Bowling Green, VA 22427 Carroll County – 035 Refund: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498, Carroll County – 035 Refund 23218-0760276-730-3080 P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760276-730-3080 Charles City County – 036 Refund: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498 Charles City County – 036 Refund: Taxes are due at: P.O.
- Box 308, Charlotte C.H., VA 23923434-542-5546 In the city of Charlottesville, Virginia 22902-2964434-970-3160 P.O.
- Box 15285 in Chesapeake, Virginia 2332, call 757-382-6732 for further information.
- Box 124 in Chesterfield, Virginia 23832804-748-1281 Clarke County – P.O.
- Box 67, Berryville, VA 226115 Imperial Beach – 570 P.O.
- The post office box number is 186 in New Castle, Virginia, and the phone number is 540-864-6241.
- Cumberland County – 049 P.O.
- Box 77, Cumberland, VA 23040804-492-4280
434-799-5145 Danville City – 590 Postal Service Box 480 – Danville, VA 24543434-799-5145 Dickenson County – 051 Clintwood, VA 24228276-926-1646 P.O.
Box 1067, Clintwood, VA 24228276-926-1646 Dinwiddie County – 053 P.O. Box 104, Dinwiddie, VA 23841804-469-4500, Ext. 4 Dinwiddie County – 053 P.O. Box 104, Dinwiddie, VA 2384
The city of Emporia is located at 595 Post Office Box 956 in Emporia, Virginia 238474364-634-5405. Essex County – P.O. Box 879, Tappahannock, VA 22560-0879804-443-4737 Essex County – 057 Tappahannock, VA 22560-0879804-443-4737
Fairfax City – 600 Rm. 224, City Hall10455 Armstrong St., Fairfax, VA 22030703-385-7880Fairfax City – 600 Rm. 224, City Hall10455 Armstrong St., Fairfax, VA 2203 Refunds for Fairfax County – 059 can be sent to P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, Virginia 23218-1498. Richmond, VA 23218-0760703-222-8234 P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760703-222-8234 Falls Church City – 610 300 Park Avenue, Suite 202WFalls Church, VA 22046-3301703-248-5065Falls Church, VA 22046-3301703-248-5065 Fauquier County – 061 P.O.
- Box 149, Warrenton, VA 20188-0149540-422-8163 County of Floyd – 063 Refund: P.O.
- Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760 County of Fluvanna 065 Refund: P.O.
- Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760434-591-1940 Franklin City – 620 P.O.
- 102 Rocky Mt., VA 24151 Frederick County – 069 Refund: P.O.
- Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760540-665-5681 630 P.O.
- Box 644, Fredericksburg, VA 22404
Return to: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498 for Galax City – 640 Refund: Taxes are due at the following address: P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760276-236-2528 The Giles County Courthouse is located at 071 130 N. Main St. in Pearisburg, Virginia 24134540-921-3321 0804 693-3451 Gloucester County – 073 6489 Main St., Ste. 137, Gloucester, VA 23061-0137804-693-3451 Gloucester County The Goochland County Courthouse is located at 075 P.O. Box 60 in Goochland, Virginia 2306384-556-5807. Grayson County – 077 P.O.
Box 126, Independence, VA 079 Refund: P.O.
Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760434-985-5211 The Greensville County Office is located at 1781 Greensville County Circle, Room 132, in Emporia, Virginia 23844.
Halifax County – 083 P.O. Box 1847, Halifax, VA 24558434-476-3314 Halifax County – 083 P.O. Box 1847, Halifax, VA 24558434-476-3314 727-6690 Hampton City – 650 Post Office Box 636, Hampton, VA 23669-0636757-727-6690 Hampton City Hanover County – PO Box 129, Hanover, VA 23069804-365-6129 085 P.O. Box 129, Hanover, VA 23069804-365-6129 Cities and Towns of Harrisonburg 660 409 S Main St, Harrisonburg, Virginia 22801-7531540-432-7704 County of Henrico – 087 Refund: Post Office Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498 Henrico County – 087 Taxes are due at: P.O.
Henry County – P.O. Box 1077, Collinsville, VA 24078-1077276-634-4690 089 P.O. Box 1077, Collinsville, VA 24078-10772 Highland County – 091 P.O. Box 148, Monterey, Virginia 24465540-468-2142 Highland County The city of Hopewell is located at 670 P.O. Box 1604, Hopewell, Virginia 23860804-541-2237.
The County of Isle of Wight is located at 093 P.O. Box 107 in Isle of Wight, Virginia 23397-0107757-365-6222.
57-253-6695 James City County – 095 P.O. Box 283, Williamsburg, VA 23187757-253-6695 James City County – 095
Virginia’s King and Queen County is located at 097 Post Office Box 178, KingQueen Courthouse, Virginia 23085804-785-5976 King George County – 099 10459 Courthouse Dr., Suite 101,King George, VA 22485-3862540-775-4664 King George County – 099 10459 Courthouse Dr., Suite 101,King George, VA 22485-3862 King William County is located at 101 P.O. Box 217 in King William, Virginia 23086804-769-4941
462-7920 Lancaster County Office of the Sheriff 103 8311 Mary Ball Rd., Room 203, Lancaster, VA 2250384-462-7920 Lancaster County Office of the Sheriff The Lee County Courthouse is located at 105 P.O. Box 96, Jonesville, VA 24263276-346-7722. Lexington City – 678 300 E Washington St, Room 103, Lexington, VA 24450540-462-3701 Lexington City – 678 300 E Washington St, Room 103, Lexington, VA 24450 County of Loudoun -107 Returns should be sent to: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498. To Pay Taxes, Send a Check to: P.O.
Box 858, Lynchburg, VA 24505-0858434-455-3870, Lynchburg, VA 24505-0858434-455-3870
Local government in Madison County is located at 113 P.O. Box 56, Madison, VA 22727540-948-4421 Manassas, Virginia (USA) – 683 Returns should be sent to: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498. Richmond, VA 23218-0760703-257-8222 Tax Due: P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760703-257-8222 Manassas Park City has a population of 685 people. Returns should be sent to: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498. Taxes are due at the following address: P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760703-335-8825 Martinsville City – 690 P.O.
- Returns should be sent to: P.O.
- Address for Payment of Tax: P.O.
- Box 360 in Boydton, Virginia 23917434-738-6191.
- Box 148, Saluda, VA 23149-0148804-758-5332 Middlesex County Middlesex County 755 Roanoke St., Ste.
Nelson County – Post Office No. 125 Norfolk City – 710 P.O. Box 246, Lovingston, VA 22949434-263-7070New Kent County – 127 Tax Due: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498Tax Refund: P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760804-966-9610Newport News City – 700 2400 Washington Avenue, Newport News, VA 23607757-926-8653Norfolk Box 2260, Norfolk, VA 23501757-664-7885Northampton County – 131 P.O. Box 2260, Norfolk, VA 23501757-664-7885 Northumberland County – 133 P.O. Box 65, Eastville, VA 23347757-678-0446Northumberland County – 133 P.O.
Box 309, Heathsville, VA 22473804-580-4600Norton City – 720 P.O.
Box 309, Heathsville, VA 2247 Norton, VA 24273276-679-0031Nottoway County – 135 P.O. Box 347, Norton, VA 24273276-679-0031Nottoway County – 135 P.O. Box 347, Norton, VA 24273276-679-0031Nottoway County – 135 P.O. The address is Box 5, Nottoway, VA 23954, the phone number is 434-645-9317.
Orange County – 137 P.O. Box 389, Orange, VA 22960540-672-4441 Orange County –
The Page County Courthouse is located at 139 S. Court St., Suite C, Luray, VA 22835. The phone number is 540-743-4909. To get your refund, mail it to Patrick County 141 Refund at PO Box 1498 in Richmond, VA 23218-1498. Address for payment of taxes: Postal Service PO Box 760 in Richmond, VA 23218-0760276-694-7131 Petersburg City – 730 N. Union St., Petersburg, VA 23803804-733-2317 Petersburg City – 730 135 N. Union St., Petersburg, VA 23803804-733-2317 Virginia’s Pittsylvania County is located at 143 P.O.
- 757-868-3020 Poquoson City Municipal Building, 735 500 City Hall Ave., Poquoson, VA 2366 Seven hundred and forty one Crawford St., Portsmouth, VA 23704757-393-8773 County of Powhatan 145 3834 Old Buckingham Rd.
- Box 446 in Farmville, Virginia 23901434-392-3231.
- Returns should be sent to: P.O.
- Taxes are due at the following address: P.O.
Room 161, 619 Second St., Radford, VA 24141540-731-3613 Radford City 750 619 Second St., Radford, VA 24141 Rappahannock County – 157 P.O. Box 115, Washington, VA 22747-0115540-675-5370 Rappahannock County is located in the state of Virginia. Return to P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498 for a refund of 760 dollars. Taxes are due at: P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760804-646-6474 (fax: P.O. Box 760). Local government in Richmond County is located at 159 P.O. Box 366, Warsaw, VA 22572804-333-3722.
- Box 718, Roanoke, Virginia 24004, call 540-853-6543 for further information.
- Box 21709 in Roanoke, Virginia 240185 (407) 772-2049 Rockbridge County – 163 P.O.
- Gay St., Harrisonburg, VA 22802540-564-3000 Rockingham County – 165 20 E.
- Box 517, Lebanon, Virginia 2426276-889-8018.
Salem City is located at 775 P.O. Box 869 in Salem, Virginia 24153-0869 and may be reached at 540-375-3019. Scott County is located at 169 190 Beech St., Suite 104, Gate City, VA 24251 and can be reached at (804) 386-7692. Shenandoah County – 171 Refund: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498 Shenandoah County – 171 Refund: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498 Richmond, VA 23218-0760540-459-6170 P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760540-459-6170 276-782-4040 Smyth County Courthouse, 173 P.O.
- Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498, Southampton County Tax Due: P.O.
- Box 175, Spotsylvania, VA 22553 and may be reached at 540-507-7054.
- Box 98 in Stafford, Virginia 22555-0098 and may be reached at 540-658-4132.
- Box 4, Staunton, Virginia 24402-0004540-332-3829.
The following address is in Suffolk City: 800 P.O. Box 1459, Suffolk, VA 23439-1459757-514-4260 The Surry County Courthouse is located at 181 P.O. Box 35 in Surry, Virginia 23883757-294-5225 Local government in Sussex County is located at 183 P.O. Box 1398, Sussex VA 23884434-246-1022.
Seventy-five percent of the population lives in Salem, Virginia (P.O. Box 869; 540-375-3019; 775). Scott County is located at 169 190 Beech St., Suite 104, Gate City, VA 24251 and can be reached at (804) 386-7692. P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498, Shenandoah County – 171 Refund: P.O Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498, Shenandoah County – 171 Refund: Richmond, Virginia 23218-0760540-459-6170 P.O. Box 760, Richmond, Virginia 23218-0760540-459-6170 276-782-4040 Smyth County Courthouse, 173 P.O.
- Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498 Southampton County – 175 Tax Due: P.O.
- Local Address: 177 P.O.
- Box 98 in Stafford, Virginia 22555-0098 and may be reached at (540) 658-4132.
- Box 4, Staunton, VA 24402 (403) 332-3829.
- Box 1459, Suffolk, VA 23439-1459757-514-4260.
- Box 35, Surry, VA 23883757-294-5225, Surry County, Virginia P.O.
2401 Courthouse Dr., Bld. 1, Rm. 121Virginia Beach, VA 23456-9002757-385-4483Virginia Beach City – 810 2401 Courthouse Dr., Bld. 1, Rm. 121
For more information contact Warren County at 540-635-2651 or 187 P.O. Box 1775, Front Royal, VA 22630 Washington County – 191 One Government Center Place, Ste. C, Abingdon, VA 24210276-676-6270 Washington County is located in the state of Virginia. Waynesboro City – 820 503 W Main St., Room 107, Waynesboro, VA 22980540-942-6610 Waynesboro City – 820 503 W Main St., Room 107, Waynesboro, VA 2298 Westmoreland County – 193 Post Office Box 68, Montross, VA 22520804-493-9052 Westmoreland County The City of Williamsburg is located at 830 Postal Service Box 245, Williamsburg, VA 23187757-220-6150.
Box 546 Winchester, VA 22604540-667-1815 Winchester City Virginia’s Wise County is located at 195 P.O.
276-23-6015 Wythe County 197 225 S.
757-890-3381 York County 199 P.O. Box 90, Yorktown, VA 23690-0090757-890-3381 York County
Filing Paper Returns or Payments by Mail
The option to file your return using a paper form and relevant schedules is available to you if you do not want to file electronically. The majority of forms are provided as fillable PDFs, which allow you to put in the information. Typed characters make processing run more smoothly since the Department’s scanners can read the forms more properly when they are filled out with typed characters.
When you are ready to print the form, be sure to carefully follow the printing instructions to ensure that our scanners are able to read and process the information on the form. The printing of the form in a different format causes processing to be slower.
Submit Your Return in Person
Individuals may submit all forms, schedules, and payments in person to the Vermont Department of Taxes, 133 State Street, 1st Floor, Montpelier, Vermont, 05633-1401, using a personal cheque, cashier’s check, or money order. Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., our office is open for business.
Submit Your Return or Payment by Mail
Returns should be mailed to the Vermont Department of Taxes, PO Box 1881, Montpelier, VT 05601-1881, indicating whether a refund, no amount due, or no payment is desired. In the event that you are sending your return and payment, please send it to:Vermont Department of TaxesPO Box 1779Montpelier, VT 05601-1779.
File and Pay By Mail
Alternatively, you may submit your returns and payments to the Department of Taxes at the addresses listed below: Returns accepted with payment (incl. estimated voucher) Postal Address: PO Box 1779Montpelier, Vermont 05601-1779Vermont Department of Taxes Returns that result in a refund, no balance owing, or no payment Postal Address: PO Box 1881Montpelier, Vermont 05601-1881Vermont Department of Taxes Requests for Payment Plans Attention: Compliance, Vermont Department of Taxes VT 05601-0429 PO Box 429 Montpelier, Vermont 05601-4299 Claims Made on Behalf of an Injured Spouse Vermont Department of TaxesAttn: Injured Spouse UnitPO Box 1645Montpelier, Vermont 05601-1645Vermont Department of Taxes Tax Returns for All Other Purposes State Street, Suite 1301, Montpelier, Vermont 05633-1401 Vermont Department of Taxes
Get Your Return or Payment to Us On Time
The Vermont Department of Taxes will regard a return as timely if it is received by the department within three (3) business days of the due date if it is mailed by the United States Postal Service. If you choose to send your check or money order, your payment will be deemed timely if we receive it within three (3) business days of the tax return’s due date, unless we get it later. If you have any problems regarding mailing your return or payment to us, please contact us at.
When mailing a return or payment to the Arizona Department of Revenue, please use one of the addresses listed below. Providing Excellent Customer Service Notices of upcoming charges (all tax types) Certification for Charitable Organizations is required by law. Tax returns and payments for corporations, S-corporations, and exempt organizations Estate and Fiduciary Taxes Returns on Individual Income Taxes (for those expecting a refund or paying no tax) Returns on Individual Income Taxes (with payment) Returns and payments from a partnership Tax Return Copies Can Be Obtained Upon Request (or other filed documents) Requests for Access to Public Documents TPT Licensing and Registration are required.
- Returns and payments for TPT (Sales and Use Tax) are due.
- Box 29086Phoenix, AZ85038Arizona Department of Revenue, Customer Care GETTING BACK TO THE TOP Notices of upcoming charges (all tax types) Arizona Department of RevenueP.O.
- Phoenix, AZ 85038 Arizona Department of Revenue, OERAP.O.
- Box 29079Phoenix, AZ 85038FORWARD TO THE FINAL PAGE Fiduciary / Estate TaxArizona Department of RevenueP.O.
- MonroePhoenix, AZ 85007BACK TO TOPIndividual Income Tax returnsArizona Department of RevenueP.O.
- MonroePhoenix, AZ 85007BACK TO TOP (for those expecting a refund or paying no tax) Arizona Department of RevenueP.O.
- Box 29205Phoenix, AZ85038BACK TO TOPArizona Department of RevenueP.O.
- Box 52016Phoenix, AZ 85072 Arizona Department of Revenue If your return contains a barcode, please enter it as follows: Partnership reports and payments are handled by the Arizona Department of Revenue, which is located at P.O.
- Arizona Department of RevenueP.O.
- Box 29216Copy DeskPhoenix, Arizona 85038 GETTING BACK TO THE TOP Requests for Access to Public Documents (Form 460) Arizona Department of RevenueDisclosure Office – Division Code 31600 W.
Box 29084, Phoenix, AZ 85007. Arizona Department of RevenueP.O. Box 29010Phoenix, AZ 85038FORWARD TO THE FINAL PAGE Returns and payments for withholding taxes Arizona Department of RevenueP.O. Box 29009Phoenix, AZ 85038FORWARD TO THE FINAL PAGE
Where to Mail Completed Tax Forms
In any correspondence with the Indiana Department of Revenue, please be sure you address the envelope to “Indiana Department of Revenue” (DOR). Customers who wish to provide information to the Indiana Department of Revenue on individual income taxes, for example, should address their correspondence to:Indiana Department of Revenue. Individual Income TaxP.O. Box 40Indianapolis, IN46206-0040Re: Individual Income Tax Alternatively, you can mail your return to one of the following addresses: When enclosing payment, please send it to the following address: Indiana Department of RevenueP.O.
Box 40, Indianapolis, IN 46206-0040.
|Aircraft||Aircraft Registration||P.O. Box 644||Indianapolis, IN||46206-0644|
|Alcoholic Beverage||Alcoholic Beverage Excise Tax||P.O. Box 6114||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6114|
|Business Administration||BC-100 Business Closure||P.O. Box 6197||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6197|
|Corporate Tax||IT-20 or IT-20X Corporate Tax Return with Payment||P.O. Box 7087||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7087|
|IT-20 or IT-20X Corporate Tax Return without Payment||P.O. Box 7231||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7231|
|IT-20S S Corporation Tax Return with Payment||P.O. Box 7205||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7205|
|IT-20S S Corporation Tax Return without Payment||P.O. Box 7147||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7147|
|Correspondence||P.O. Box 7206||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7206|
|FT-QP||P.O. Box 7228||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7228|
|IT-6 Vouchers||P.O. Box 7226||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7226|
|Fiduciary||Form IT-41 with Payment||P.O. Box 6192||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6192|
|Form IT-41 without Payment||P.O. Box 6079||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6079|
|IT-41ES Vouchers||P.O. Box 6192||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6192|
|Financial Institutions||FIT-20||P.O. Box 7228||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7228|
|FT-QP Voucher||P.O. Box 7228||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7228|
|Fireworks||FPS-103 Voucher||P.O. Box 7227||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7227|
|Fuel Tax||Form AVF-1||P.O. Box 6114||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6114|
|Form MF-360||P.O. Box 510||Indianapolis, IN||46206-0510|
|Form REF-1000||P.O. Box 1971||Indianapolis, IN||46206-1971|
|Fuel Tax Returns||P.O. Box 6080||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6080|
|Bonds and Licensing||P.O. Box 6114||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6114|
|Gaming Card Excise Tax||Form GCE-103||P.O. Box 2485||Indianapolis, IN||46206-2485|
|Individual Income Tax||Correspondence||P.O. Box 7207||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7207|
|Form IT-9 (Filing Extension)||P.O. Box 6117||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6117|
|Forms IT-40, PNR and RNR (Enclosing payment)||P.O. Box 7224||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7224|
|Forms IT-40, PNR and RNR (All others)||P.O. Box 40||Indianapolis, IN||46206-0040|
|Form ES-40 (New Accounts)||P.O. Box 6102||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6102|
|Form IT40-ES (Preprinted Vouchers)||P.O. Box 7223||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7223|
|Form IT40-ES (PC Generated)||P.O. Box 7225||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7225|
|Form SC-40||P.O. Box 6103||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6103|
|Post Filing Coupons (PFC)||P.O. Box 1674||Indianapolis, IN||46206-1674|
|Proposed Assessment (AR-80)||P.O. Box 1028||Indianapolis, IN||46206-1028|
|Inheritance Tax||Inheritance Tax Division||P.O. Box 71||Indianapolis, IN||46206-0071|
|Motor Carrier Services||IFTA Section (Interstate)||P.O. Box 6175||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6175|
|Operating Authority Section||P.O. Box 6075||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6075|
|Intrastate Fuel||P.O. Box 6081||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6081|
|Motor Vehicle Rental Excise Tax||Form MVR-103/MVR-103CS||P.O. Box 7089||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7089|
|Nonprofit||IT-20NP||P.O. Box 7228||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7228|
|Correspondence||P.O. Box 7206||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7206|
|Form NP-20||P.O. Box 6481||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6481|
|Form NP-20A||P.O. Box 6197||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6197|
|Other||Advocate’s Office||P.O. Box 6155||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6155|
|Appeals and Litigation||P.O. Box 1104||Indianapolis, IN||46206-1104|
|Change of Address||P.O. Box 6197||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6197|
|Copying Requests||P.O. Box 723||Indianapolis, IN||46206-0723|
|District Office Returns||P.O. Box 7152||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7152|
|Independent Contractors||P.O. Box 6072||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6072|
|Power of Attorney POA-1||P.O. Box 7230||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7230|
|Special Investigations Unit||P.O. Box 6480||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6480|
|Tax Due Notices||P.O. Box 1028||Indianapolis, IN||46206-1028|
|Unidentified Checks Section||P.O. Box 6154||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6154|
|Payment Services||Demand for Payment (AR-40)||P.O. Box 595||Indianapolis, IN||46206-0595|
|Partnership Tax||IT-65 Partnership Tax Return with Payment||P.O. Box 7205||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7205|
|IT-65 Partnership Tax Return without Payment||P.O. Box 7147||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7147|
|Correspondence||P.O. Box 7206||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7206|
|Sales Tax||Form CIT-103 (County Innkeepers Tax)||P.O. Box 6195||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6195|
|Form FAB-103(Food and Beverage Tax)||P.O. Box 7229||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7229|
|Form ST-103||P.O. Box 7218||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7218|
|Form ST-103DR||P.O. Box 6114||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7218|
|Form ST-103MP||P.O. Box 6114||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7218|
|Form ST-103NC||P.O. Box 7230||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7230|
|Form ST-103P||P.O. Box 6193||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6193|
|Form TF-103 Tire Fee||P.O. Box 6073||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6073|
|Tobacco||Cigarette Tax||P.O. Box 901||Indianapolis, IN||46206-0901|
|Cigarette Tax Returns||P.O. Box 901||Indianapolis, IN||46206-0901|
|Cigarette Tax Stamps||P.O. Box 901||Indianapolis, IN||46206-0901|
|Other Tobacco Products||P.O. Box 6114||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6114|
|Utility Receipt Tax||Form URT-1||P.O. Box 7228||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7228|
|URT-Q Vouchers||P.O. Box 7228||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7228|
|USU-103 Vouchers||P.O. Box 7206||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7206|
|Correspondence and USUT Registration Application||P.O. Box 7228||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7228|
|Withholding Tax||Form 1099 G||P.O. Box 6104||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6104|
|Form WH-1||P.O. Box 7221||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7221|
|Form WH-1U||P.O. Box 6192||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6192|
|Form WH-3 Requesting Refund||P.O. Box 7220||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7220|
|Form WH-3 No Refund Due||P.O. Box 6108||Indianapolis, IN||46206-6108|
|Correspondence||P.O. Box 7222||Indianapolis, IN||46207-7222|
|Workers Compensation Clearance||Form WCE-1||P.O. Box 2305||Indianapolis, IN||46206-2305|
Mailing address (personal income tax returns)
On your envelope, you must provide the following information:
- Your return address
- Adequate postage (some returns demand extra postage)
- And any other information you want to provide.
Send your return to the STATE PROCESSING CENTER, PO BOX 61000, ALBANY, NY 12261-0001, if you are not included a payment with your return. You must ship your return (containing Form IT-201-V) to the following address: STATE PROCESSING CENTER PO BOX 15555 ALBANY NY 12212-5555 IF YOU ARE INCLUDING A PAYMENT (CHECK OR MONEY ORDER) The post office box addresses listed above become active on June 1, 2014. It was previously located at 575 BOICES LANE, KINGSTON, New York 12401-1083, under the name STATE PROCESSING CENTER.
- You have the option of sending your income tax return and tax payment through a private delivery provider rather than through the United States Postal Service.
- The private delivery service address was modified on August 28, 2015, according to the postal service.
- Assemble the assembly again.
File and Pay My Return
- Make use of an established internet software firm to file your tax return. Make your payment by sending it to:
- Direct debit with your return if supported by the program
- Or mailing Form 5122, City Income Tax E-file Payment Voucher (CITY-V) with your payment after you e-file your City of Detroit Income Tax Return after filing your City of Detroit Income Tax Return. Make no further payments to the Michigan Department of Treasury with this voucher
- It is strictly prohibited.
Please keep in mind that you cannot make a payment for your City of Detroit Income Tax Return using the Michigan Individual Income Tax e-Payments program. To avoid confusion, make your cheque payable to ” State of Michigan – Detroit “. On the check, write the tax year, ” CITY-V “, and the last four digits of your Social Security number in the appropriate places. The check should be made out to the “payee” and include the filer’s name as well as the last four digits of the filer’s Social Security number on the memo line.
Please do not mix this payment with any other payments in order to ensure correct processing of your payment. Place each materials in a separate envelope and send them to: Michigan Department of TreasuryP.O. Box 30738Lansing, MI 48909Michigan Department of Treasury
File and pay a paper return
- Fill out all of the necessary paperwork and mail them in to the appropriate address. In order to make things easier for you, fillable forms are accessible on the Forms and Instructionspage. Returns should be sent via the mail.
Make your check payable to ” State of Michigan – Detroit ” and write the last four digits of your Social Security number on the bottom of the cheque if you have a tax due return to file. In a separate envelope, place both materials and mail them to: Michigan Department of TreasuryLansing, MI 48929 A refund, credit, or no amount due return should be returned to the following address: Michigan Department of TreasuryLansing, MI48956.
Whenever a payment is made late, a penalty and interest will be added to your tax due billing, and the accrual will continue until the amount owed is fully satisfied. If your check is returned as unpaid, you may be subjected to a separate penalty charge on your account. Monthly interest charges are calculated at one percent of the tax owed, with the amount compounding by an extra one percent every month, or fraction thereof (for example, a $500 tax due will incur a $30 penalty after six months of nonpayment).
For further information, please see the current interest rates or contact 517-636-5829.