- Use the U.S. Postal Service ® to mail your tax return, get proof that you mailed it, and track its arrival at the IRS. The IRS considers a tax return filed on time if it is addressed correctly, has enough postage, and is postmarked by the due date. Check the IRS website for where to mail your tax return.
Where do I send my 2020 federal tax return?
Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas: Internal Revenue Service, P.O. Box 1214, Charlotte, NC 28201-1214. Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming: Internal Revenue Service, P.O. Box 7704, San Francisco, CA 94120-7704.
How do I send my tax return by mail?
Use the U.S. Postal Service® to mail your tax return, get proof that you mailed it, and track its arrival at the IRS. Mail Your Tax Return with USPS
- Send to the Correct Address. Check the IRS website for where to mail your tax return.
- Use Correct Postage.
- Meet the Postmark Deadline.
What address do I use for my tax return?
If you’re talking about the “mailing address” you enter under the Personal Info tab, you should use the address of where you live “right now”, as that is the address the IRS will send any correspondence to concerning your tax return.
Can I still mail my 2019 tax return?
Can I mail my tax return in a regular envelope?
Yes, you can use any color envelope. It’s also a good idea to mail your return using certified mail or a mailing service such as UPS or FedEx. This ensures you get a confirmation that the IRS received it.
What phone number is 800 829 0922?
If you want to call the IRS, make sure you call the right number: 800-829-0922. The letter says you have 60 days from the date of the letter to appeal or you can sue in federal court. You may want to hire a tax professional and you may qualify for low-income taxpayer clinics. They’re free or close to free.
Where do I send my California taxes?
Download forms through the FTB website. You can complete and mail these forms to the Franchise Tax Board, PO Box 942840, Sacramento, CA 94240-0001, if no balance is due or you’re owed a refund. If you’re filing with a payment, mail it to PO Box 942867, Sacramento, CA 94267-0001.
Why is TurboTax making me file by mail?
If you are seeing “Ready to mail,” it means you chose the File by Mail option instead of e-File or your return is not eligible for e-filing. So you will need to print and mail your return if you choose to file a paper return or if your return is not eligible for e-file.
Do I need to send my tax return certified mail?
Always use a secure method, such as certified mail return receipt requested, when you’re sending returns and other documents to the IRS. This will provide confirmation that the IRS has actually received your documents or payment.
Does your address affect your tax return?
The IRS doesn’t update your address based on a change of address through the US Post Office.
What if my address on my W-2 is different?
Don’t worry if your mailing address on your W-2 form is wrong or has since changed. This won’t affect your taxes. On the other hand, if your name, Social Security number, or any dollar amount(s) on your W-2 are wrong, ask your employer for a corrected W-2 (also known as Form W-2c: Corrected Wage and Tax Statement).
Where to File Paper Tax Returns With or Without a Payment
|Addresses by state for Form 1040, 1040-SR, 1040ES, 1040V, amended returns, and extensions (also addresses for taxpayers in foreign countries, U.S. possessions, or with other international filing characteristics)Taxpayers or Tax Professionals can use certainPrivate Delivery Services (PDS)designated by the IRS to meet the “timely mailing as timely filing/paying” rule for tax returns and payments.|
- The states of Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, and the District of Columbia
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island and the state of South Carolina.
|Mailing addresses for all types of returns: individual, corporation, partnership, and many others. Each form has its own page with the needed address for example1040,1040-SR,1040X,7004and941.|
Tax Exempt and Government Entities
|Where to file addresses for tax exempt and government entities.|
Page was last reviewed or updated on November 30, 2021.
Where to File Addresses for Taxpayers and Tax Professionals Filing Form 1040
|Arkansas,Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland,Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire,New Jersey,New York, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Vermont,Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin||Department of the TreasuryInternal Revenue ServiceKansas City, MO 64999-0002||Internal Revenue ServiceP.O. Box 931000Louisville, KY 40293-1000|
|Pennsylvania||Department of the TreasuryInternal Revenue ServiceKansas City, MO 64999-0002||Internal Revenue ServiceP. O. Box 802501Cincinnati, OH 45280-2501|
|Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas||Department of the TreasuryInternal Revenue ServiceAustin, TX 73301-0002||Internal Revenue ServiceP.O. Box 1214Charlotte, NC 28201-1214|
|Alabama,Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee||Department of the TreasuryInternal Revenue ServiceKansas City, MO 64999-0002||Internal Revenue ServiceP O Box 1214Charlotte, NC 28201-1214|
|Arizona, New Mexico||Department of the TreasuryInternal Revenue ServiceAustin, TX 73301-0002||Internal Revenue ServiceP.O. Box 802501Cincinnati, OH45280-2501|
|Alaska, California,Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Michigan,Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, Ohio, Oregon, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, Wyoming||Department of the TreasuryInternal Revenue ServiceOgden, UT 84201-0002||Internal Revenue ServiceP O Box 802501Cincinnati, OH 45280-2501|
Where and how to mail your federal tax return
It’s going down to the wire if you want to file your tax returns by the deadline. According to the United States Postal Service, your return must be postmarked by April 15, have the necessary postage, and be addressed correctly in order to be deemed timely by the Internal Revenue Service. Make careful to weigh your return to ensure that you receive the correct postage. Most returns weigh more than one ounce, so you’ll need more than a stamp to complete the transaction. If you do not have enough postage for your return, it will be returned to the sender.
On Tax Day, several post offices will be open for extended hours and will allow for late postmarking.
There isn’t a single IRS mailing address.
According to the Internal Revenue Service, here is where you should submit yours.
Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, New Jersey, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia
If you want to file your tax returns on time, you’ll have to hurry. According to the United States Postal Service, your return must be postmarked by April 15, include the necessary postage, and be properly addressed in order to be deemed timely by the IRS. Always weigh your return to ensure that you receive the appropriate postage. A stamp alone will not suffice for the majority of returns, which weigh more than 1 ounce. Unless you have sufficient postage, your return will be returned to you.
The IRS Tax Day holiday will see certain post offices operate later and offering late postmarking.
There isn’t a single IRS address to which you may direct your correspondence.
According to the Internal Revenue Service, here’s where you should send yours:
Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas
Treasury Department, Internal Revenue Service, and other government agencies without payment Austin, Texas 73301-0002 (Texas) The Internal Revenue Service, P.O. Box 1214, Charlotte, NC 28201-1214, will accept payment.
Alaska,Arizona, California,Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming
Without payment: Internal Revenue Service, Department of the Treasury, Fresno, CA 93888-0002, Department of the Treasury Send payment to: Internal Revenue Service, P.O. Box 7704, San Francisco, CA 94120-7704, with the following information:
Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska,North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wisconsin
Without payment: Internal Revenue Service, Department of the Treasury, Fresno, CA 93888-0002, Department of the Treasury Send payment to: Internal Revenue Service, P.O. Box 802501, Cincinnati, OH 45280-2501, along with your letter.
Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, and Vermont
Treasury Department, Internal Revenue Service, and other government agencies without payment Kansas City, Missouri 64999-0002 (USA) To receive a refund, send your money to: Internal Revenue Service P.O. Box 37008 Hartford, CT 06176-7008
Connecticut, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and West Virginia
In the absence of payment, please contact: Department of the Treasury Internal Revenue Service Ogden, UT 84201-0002 Send payment to: Internal Revenue Service, P.O. Box 37910, Hartford, CT 06176-7910, with the following information:
Mail Your Tax Return with USPS
Use the United States Postal Service® to mail your tax return, obtain verification that it was received, and monitor its arrival at the Internal Revenue Service. The deadline for filing federal tax returns In order to be considered timely submitted, the IRS requires that the tax return be addressed correctly, have sufficient postage, and be postmarked by the due date.
- To mail your tax return, use the United States Postal Service®. You will get confirmation that your return was received and may monitor its arrival at the Internal Revenue Service. a deadline for filing federal income taxes In order to be considered timely filed, the IRS requires that the tax return be addressed correctly, have sufficient postage, and be postmarked by the applicable deadline.
Check the Postal Service’s operating hours.
- To Be Delivered to the Correct Location You can find out where to mail your tax return by visiting the IRS website. Write the destination and return addresses clearly on the envelope, or print your mailing label and postage on the envelope. Addresses for Mailing Paper Tax Returns Make Use of the Proper Postage Use a kitchen scale or a postage scale to weigh your envelope and then apply the appropriate amount of postage. The majority of tax returns are many pages lengthy and weigh more than 1 oz. in total weight. Tax returns that are not delivered with sufficient postage will be returned. Calculate postage and ensure that you meet the postmark deadline. If your tax return is postmarked by the deadline for submitting it, the Internal Revenue Service deems it to have been filed on time. Returns should be mailed to a blue collection box provided by the United States Postal Service or dropped off at a Postal facility with a pickup time before the deadline. Tax filers can take advantage of longer hours and late postmarking at some Post Office TM locations. To find out if a Post Office in your area will be open late on tax day, give them a call. Locate USPS drop-off and pick-up locations.
Delivered to the Correct Location Find out where to send your tax return by going to the IRS website. You may either handwrite or print your mailing label and postage on both the destination and return addresses. When and where should paper tax returns be submitted; Correct Postage should be utilized. Use a kitchen scale or a postage scale to weigh your envelope and then apply the appropriate amount of postage to your package. For the most part, tax returns are many pages lengthy and weigh far more than an ounce of gold.
Postage should be calculated; the postmark deadline should be observed It is considered timely filed if your tax return is postmarked before the deadline for filing your return.
– Extended hours and late postmarking are available at some Post Office TM locations for those who need to submit their taxes.
US Postal Service locations may be found by clicking on the link.
- Delivery in 12 business days
- USPS Tracking ® is included
- Eligible for Click-N-Ship
- 1 year warranty
- Delivery in 12 business days
- USPS Tracking ® included
- Click-N-Ship option available.
- Delivery in 12 business days
- USPS Tracking ® included
- Eligible for Click-N-Ship
The United States Postal Service® recommends that you confirm any tax information with a tax professional or the Internal Revenue Service® (IRS). Visit the Internal Revenue Service’s website.
A State-by-State Guide for Each IRS Mailing Address
When tax season comes around, there’s a lot to consider and consider carefully. Considering everything from figuring out the forms you’ll need to fill out for each of your employees while keeping track of changes in tax laws to ensuring that you’ve reported all of your numbers correctly, the last thing you want to think about is the IRS mailing address where you’ll be sending your tax returns. If you’re looking for the IRS mailing address, it might be tough because there are so many different addresses based on where you reside.
Don’t let your greatest staff go to waste.
Can you file a paper tax return?
The majority of individuals opt for electronic filing or hiring a professional accountant, but submitting your income taxes by mail and doing it yourself is still an absolutely viable option.
However, although filing the old-fashioned method protects you against hacking dangers, paper filing is more time-consuming, which means you may have to wait longer for your refund if you expect to receive one.
Where do I send my 1040EZ form?
Regardless of the version of the 1040 form you use (the specific form you use will depend on how you’re filing), your 1040 form must be mailed to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) once it has been completed. The answer to this question, on the other hand, is dependent on your geographical location. You can use the information provided below to establish the postal address for the Internal Revenue Service.
Where do I mail my tax forms?
For your convenience, we’ve compiled a list of every IRS mailing address you’ll need to use when submitting the 1040EZ form, which differs from state to state.
Here’s where you want to send your forms if youarenotenclosing a payment:
- : (812) 64999-0014
- (812) 73301-0014
- Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, New Mexico, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming: (812) 73301-0014
- And (812) 73301-0014
- (812) 73301
Here’s where you want to send your forms if youareenclosing a payment:
- Internal Revenue Service: P.O. Box 931000, Louisville, KY 40293-1000
- Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas: Internal Revenue Service: P.O. Box 1214, Charlotte, NC 28201-1214
- Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming: Internal Revenue Service: P.O. Box 7704, San Francisco, CA 94120-7704
- Arkansas, Illinois, Indian Territory: Internal Revenue Service: P.O. Box 770
The Internal Revenue Service’s website provides a helpful explanation of where each 1040 income tax form should be sent, with the majority of the information based on whether or not a payment is included. Bookmark(0)
Please login to bookmark
There is a handy breakdown on the IRS website if you’re filing a separate 1040 income tax form, with the most of the information based on whether or not you’re submitting a payment. Bookmark(0)
CINNAMON JANZER is a journalist and content writer that works out of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Since 2019, she has contributed to Workest as a valuable writer.
Mailing Address – Individual/Fiduciary Income Tax
|Individual/FiduciaryIncome Tax Form||Mailing Address|
|500 and 500 EZ(refunds and no balance due)||Georgia Dept. of RevenuePO Box 740380Atlanta, GA 30374-0380|
|500 and 500 EZ(payments)||Georgia Dept. of RevenuePO Box 740399Atlanta, GA 30374-0399|
|500 ES||Georgia Dept. of RevenuePO Box 740319Atlanta, GA 30374-0319|
|525-TV||Georgia Dept. of RevenuePO Box 740323Atlanta, GA 30374-0323|
|IT-560||Georgia Dept. of RevenuePO Box 105198Atlanta, GA 30348-5198|
|500X Amended||Georgia Dept. of RevenuePO Box 740318Atlanta, GA 30374-0318|
|501 and 501X Fiduciary||Georgia Dept. of RevenuePO Box 740316Atlanta, GA 30374-0316|
- The Department prefers the following means of paper document delivery: First Class Mail, Priority Mail via the United States Postal Service with a Certificate of Mailing, or Express Mail via the United States Postal Service. For mail confirmation, the suggested ways are First Class Mail with Delivery Confirmation or Certified Mail with Electronic Return Receipt Requested
- If you don’t want mail confirmation, you can choose whatever method you like. In no way will sending your return through certified mail or courier expedite the processing of your refund. Certified mail is subject to specific handling procedures by the postal service, which may cause a delay in the processing of your return.
Before Mailing Your Individual Income Tax Return
Remember! On your computer, you may fill out the tax forms and save them for later use. Once the return has been completed, print and save a copy of it. Tax forms for the current year may be found here. Before you file your Georgia Individual Income Tax Return electronically (or by mail), please examine the following information:.
Completing your Return
- If you’re writing something by hand, only use black or blue ink. Your check, W-2s, or any other documentation should not be stapled or attached to your tax return. Ensure that all required documentation is submitted (schedules, statements, and supporting evidence, such as W-2s, other states’ tax returns, or relevant federal returns and schedules)
- Make sure you’re using the right form – tax forms vary depending on the type of tax and the tax year. Look at the bottom of the form for the pages that must be completed and submitted
- Check and double-check your return.
- Look through your return for each individual mentioned to ensure that the personal information (social security number (SSN), address, and date of birth) is correct. Make sure your math is correct! Take a look at the computations on your tax return.
- Taxpayers are required to sign and date their tax returns. It is necessary for both spouses to sign the joint return, even if only one source of income was disclosed. The person who prepared the return should also sign the return.
- Send your return, payment, and any relevant paperwork to the address on the return that corresponds to the address on the return. (Do you need to search up the shipping address?)
Payments and Vouchers
- Be sure to make your cheques or money orders out to the Georgia Department of Revenue. Make sure that your check or money order is properly filled out. Check that the written and numerical amounts are the same, and that the taxpayer’s name(s), address, account/SSN, and tax year are all the same. To cut along the dotted lines on the payment voucher, use scissors. Please do not glue your payment to the voucher or fold your voucher and verify the information on it. Remove your check stub and file it away with your other documents. To file for the current tax year, use payment vouchers from the previous tax year.
- Form 500X should be used to rectify any inaccurate information that was reported on Form 500. Form 500 should not be used to correct a previously filed return, and Form 500X should not be used to submit an original return. When submitting an updated return, you are not obliged to provide a copy of your original return
- Nevertheless, it is recommended that you do so.
- When filing a separate return, you should include your spouse’s Social Security number. Exemptions, dependents, income, and deductions are either listed incorrectly or are not included at all. Incorrectly entering the amount owing or the amount of the refund. It is not necessary to put quantities on both lines. Making a mistake when completing Schedule 3 or neglecting to include it with your tax return when necessary
- Sending your return through certified mail is recommended. There are several reasons why you should not do this.
If you register with the Georgia Tax Center (GTC), you will be notified when your refund is being processed. In addition, you may read mail, make payments, and set up a payment plan using GTC. Georgia Tax Center (Check the status of your refund, receive alerts, and take advantage of a variety of other online services available via the Georgia Tax Center.
When mailing a return or payment to the Arizona Department of Revenue, please use one of the addresses listed below. Providing Excellent Customer Service Notices of upcoming charges (all tax types) Certification for Charitable Organizations is required by law. Tax returns and payments for corporations, S-corporations, and exempt organizations Estate and Fiduciary Taxes Returns on Individual Income Taxes (for those expecting a refund or paying no tax) Returns on Individual Income Taxes (with payment) Returns and payments from a partnership Tax Return Copies Can Be Obtained Upon Request (or other filed documents) Requests for Access to Public Documents TPT Licensing and Registration are required.
- Returns and payments for TPT (Sales and Use Tax) are due.
- Box 29086Phoenix, AZ85038Arizona Department of Revenue, Customer Care GETTING BACK TO THE TOP Notices of upcoming charges (all tax types) Arizona Department of RevenueP.O.
- Phoenix, AZ 85038 Arizona Department of Revenue, OERAP.O.
- Box 29079Phoenix, AZ 85038FORWARD TO THE FINAL PAGE Fiduciary / Estate TaxArizona Department of RevenueP.O.
- MonroePhoenix, AZ 85007BACK TO TOPIndividual Income Tax returnsArizona Department of RevenueP.O.
- MonroePhoenix, AZ 85007BACK TO TOP (for those expecting a refund or paying no tax) Arizona Department of RevenueP.O.
- Box 29205Phoenix, AZ85038BACK TO TOPArizona Department of RevenueP.O.
- Box 52016Phoenix, AZ 85072 Arizona Department of Revenue If your return contains a barcode, please enter it as follows: Partnership reports and payments are handled by the Arizona Department of Revenue, which is located at P.O.
- Arizona Department of RevenueP.O.
- Box 29216Copy DeskPhoenix, Arizona 85038 GETTING BACK TO THE TOP Requests for Access to Public Documents (Form 460) Arizona Department of RevenueDisclosure Office – Division Code 31600 W.
Box 29084, Phoenix, AZ 85007. Arizona Department of RevenueP.O. Box 29010Phoenix, AZ 85038FORWARD TO THE FINAL PAGE Returns and payments for withholding taxes Arizona Department of RevenueP.O. Box 29009Phoenix, AZ 85038FORWARD TO THE FINAL PAGE
Filing Paper Returns or Payments by Mail
The option to file your return using a paper form and relevant schedules is available to you if you do not want to file electronically. The majority of forms are provided as fillable PDFs, which allow you to put in the information. Typed characters make processing run more smoothly since the Department’s scanners can read the forms more properly when they are filled out with typed characters. When you are ready to print the form, be sure to carefully follow the printing instructions to ensure that our scanners are able to read and process the information on the form.
Submit Your Return in Person
Individuals may submit all forms, schedules, and payments in person to the Vermont Department of Taxes, 133 State Street, 1st Floor, Montpelier, Vermont, 05633-1401, using a personal cheque, cashier’s check, or money order. Monday through Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., our office is open for business.
Submit Your Return or Payment by Mail
If you are mailing your return and requesting a refund, no balance due, or no payment, mail it to:Vermont Department of TaxesPO Box 1881Montpelier, VT 05601-1881If you are mailing your return and making a payment, mail it to:Vermont Department of TaxesPO Box 1779Montpelier, VT 05601-1779If you are mailing your return and making a payment, mail it to:Vermont Department of TaxesPO
Individual Income Tax
Questions? What happened to my refund? See if your Individual Income Tax Refund is still being processed. What is the deadline for submission? The deadline for submission is May 17, 2021. What was the purpose of sending me a 1099-G? Information on Form 1099-G Why didn’t you provide me a copy of your income tax form? The mailing of income tax forms in bulk has been discontinued. What is the proper way to report gambling winnings? Information about Winning at Gambling What address should I use to send my return?
Options for Making a Payment Other commonly asked questions can be found on this page: Individual Income Tax Frequently Asked Questions Information of a general nature Letters of Identification and Verification Deductions on a line-by-line basis Tax rates, exemptions, and deductions are all discussed in detail.
Gains from Real Estate Transactions Program for Voluntary Disclosure of Information Deduction for Savings Accounts for First-Time Home Buyers Taking Advantage of the Charitable Contribution Tax Credit and Fostering Children Tax Deductions for Charitable Contributions Information Regarding Electronic Submissions Filing Documents on the Internet (through authorized software providers) Information regarding electronic filing is provided below.
- Forms for filing taxes Forms for filing taxes Instructions Suppliers of approved paper for the years 2021 2020 2019 20182017 20162015 20142013 2012 Copies of the tax return are being requested.
- In the event that you are obtaining a refund, Jackson, MS 39225-3058P.O.
- Jackson, MS 39225-3050P.O.
- More information may be found in the TAP section.
Income Tax Laws, Title 27, Chapter 7, Mississippi Code Annotated (27-7-1)Income Tax Regulations, Title 35, Part III, Mississippi Administrative Code (35-3-1)Income Tax Laws, Title 27, Chapter 7, Mississippi Code Annotated (27-7-1)Income Tax Laws, Title 27, Chapter 7, Mississippi Code Annotated (27-7-1)Income Tax Laws, Title 27, Chapter 7, Mississippi Code Annotated (27-7-1)Income Tax Laws, Title 27, Chapter Tax Credits that are currently available can be seen here.
You can mail your Virginia income tax return to us directly, or to the city or county where you lived on January 1, whichever is more convenient for you. Using the right postal address listed here, you may send your return directly to us, regardless of whether you receive a refund or owe taxes on it. If you don’t owe taxes but aren’t receiving a refund, send your correspondence to the “Refund Returns” address. Returns for a Refund The Virginia Department of Taxation is located at P.O. Box 1498 in Richmond, Virginia 23218-1498.
Box 760Richmond, VA 23218-0760Tax Due ReturnsVirginia Department of Taxation If you prefer to file with your locality, you may discover the relevant postal address by clicking on the first letter of your city or county in the list below.
ACOMACK COUNTY, VA 23301-0186757-787-5747 001 P.O. Box 186, Accomac, VA 23301-01867 Albemarle County – 003 Refund: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498, Albemarle County – 003 Refund Postal Address for Taxes: P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760434-296-5851 Alexandria City has a population of 510 people. Returns should be sent to: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498. Taxes are due at the following address: P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760703-746-3909 Alleghany County’s zip code is 005.
- Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498.
- Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760540-863-6640 23002804-561-2158 Amelia County – 007 P.O.
- Amelia Court House, Virginia 23002804-561-2158 Amherst County – 009 P.O.
- Box 719, Amherst, VA 2452 Local Government: Appomattox County – 011 Post Office Box 125, Appomattox, VA 2452 (tel: (540) 352-7450) Arlington County’s zip code is 013.
- Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498.
- Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760703-228-3055 Tax Due: P.O.
- Box 959 Verona, Virginia 244840-245-5640
Bath County – 017 Warm Springs, VA 24484540-839-7231 P.O. Box 130 Warm Springs, VA 244845 405-86-7621 Bedford County 019 122 E. Main St. Suite 103 Bedford, VA 24523540-586-7621 Bedford County 0688-4291 Bland County 021 P.O. Box 130 Bland, VA 24315276-688-4291 Bland County Botetourt County – 023 P.O. Box 128, Fincastle, VA 24090-0128540-926-2050 Botetourt County – 023 P.O. Box 128, Fincastle, VA 24090-0128 497 Cumberland St., Room 101, Bristol, Virginia 24201276-645-7316 Brunswick County – 025 P.O.
Box 669, Lawrenceville, VA 2386 County of Buchanan – PO Box 1042, Grundy, VA 24614276-935-6542 Buchanan County – 027 PO Box 1042, Grundy, VA 246142 Buckingham County – Box 138, Buckingham, VA 23921434-969-4972 Buckingham County – Box 138, Buckingham, VA 23921434-969-4972 24416-3113540-261-8610 Buena Vista City 530 2039 Sycamore Ave., Buena Vista, VA 24416-3113540-261-8610 Buena Vista City 530
Campbell County – 031 P.O. Box 66, Rustburg, VA 24588434-332-9518 Campbell County – 031 P.O. Box 66, Rustburg, VA 2458 Caroline County – 033 P.O. Box 531, Bowling Green, VA 22427804-633-4050 Caroline County – 033 P.O. Box 531, Bowling Green, VA 22427 Carroll County – 035 Refund: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498, Carroll County – 035 Refund 23218-0760276-730-3080 P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760276-730-3080 Charles City County – 036 Refund: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498 Charles City County – 036 Refund: Taxes are due at: P.O.
- Box 308, Charlotte C.H., VA 23923434-542-5546 In the city of Charlottesville, Virginia 22902-2964434-970-3160 P.O.
- Box 15285 in Chesapeake, Virginia 2332, call 757-382-6732 for further information.
- Box 124 in Chesterfield, Virginia 23832804-748-1281 Clarke County – P.O.
- Box 67, Berryville, VA 226115 Imperial Beach – 570 P.O.
- The post office box number is 186 in New Castle, Virginia, and the phone number is 540-864-6241.
- Cumberland County – 049 P.O.
- Box 77, Cumberland, VA 23040804-492-4280
434-799-5145 Danville City – 590 Postal Service Box 480 – Danville, VA 24543434-799-5145 Dickenson County – 051 Clintwood, VA 24228276-926-1646 P.O. Box 1067, Clintwood, VA 24228276-926-1646 Dinwiddie County – 053 P.O. Box 104, Dinwiddie, VA 23841804-469-4500, Ext. 4 Dinwiddie County – 053 P.O. Box 104, Dinwiddie, VA 2384
799-5145 Danville City – 590 Post Office Box 480, Danville, Virginia 2454 P.O. Box 1067, Clintwood, VA 24228276-926-1646 Dickenson County 051 P.O. Box 1067, Clintwood, VA 242282 P.O. Box 104 in Dinwiddie, Virginia 23841, phone: 469-4500, Ext. 4 Dinwiddie County is located in Dinwiddie, Virginia, and is home to 053 P.O. Box 104 in Dinwiddie, Virginia.
Fairfax City – 600 Rm. 224, City Hall10455 Armstrong St., Fairfax, VA 22030703-385-7880Fairfax City – 600 Rm. 224, City Hall10455 Armstrong St., Fairfax, VA 2203 Refunds for Fairfax County – 059 can be sent to P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, Virginia 23218-1498. Richmond, VA 23218-0760703-222-8234 P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760703-222-8234 Falls Church City – 610 300 Park Avenue, Suite 202WFalls Church, VA 22046-3301703-248-5065Falls Church, VA 22046-3301703-248-5065 Fauquier County – 061 P.O.
- Box 149, Warrenton, VA 20188-0149540-422-8163 County of Floyd – 063 Refund: P.O.
- Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760 County of Fluvanna 065 Refund: P.O.
- Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760434-591-1940 Franklin City – 620 P.O.
- 102 Rocky Mt., VA 24151 Frederick County – 069 Refund: P.O.
Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498 Frederick County – 069 Refund: Richmond, VA 23218-0760540-665-5681 P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760540-665-5681 630 P.O. Box 644, Fredericksburg, VA 22404540-372-1004 Fredericksburg City 630 P.O. Box 644, Fredericksburg, VA 22404
Return to: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498 for Galax City – 640 Refund: Taxes are due at the following address: P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760276-236-2528 The Giles County Courthouse is located at 071 130 N. Main St. in Pearisburg, Virginia 24134540-921-3321 0804 693-3451 Gloucester County – 073 6489 Main St., Ste. 137, Gloucester, VA 23061-0137804-693-3451 Gloucester County The Goochland County Courthouse is located at 075 P.O. Box 60 in Goochland, Virginia 2306384-556-5807. Grayson County – 077 P.O.
Box 126, Independence, VA 079 Refund: P.O.
Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760434-985-5211 The Greensville County Office is located at 1781 Greensville County Circle, Room 132, in Emporia, Virginia 23844.
Halifax County – 083 P.O. Box 1847, Halifax, VA 24558434-476-3314 Halifax County – 083 P.O. Box 1847, Halifax, VA 24558434-476-3314 727-6690 Hampton City – 650 Post Office Box 636, Hampton, VA 23669-0636757-727-6690 Hampton City Hanover County – PO Box 129, Hanover, VA 23069804-365-6129 085 P.O. Box 129, Hanover, VA 23069804-365-6129 Cities and Towns of Harrisonburg 660 409 S Main St, Harrisonburg, Virginia 22801-7531540-432-7704 County of Henrico – 087 Refund: Post Office Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498 Henrico County – 087 Taxes are due at: P.O.
Henry County – P.O.
Box 1077, Collinsville, VA 24078-10772 Highland County – 091 P.O.
Box 1604, Hopewell, Virginia 23860804-541-2237.
The County of Isle of Wight is located at 093 P.O. Box 107 in Isle of Wight, Virginia 23397-0107757-365-6222.
57-253-6695 James City County – 095 P.O. Box 283, Williamsburg, VA 23187757-253-6695 James City County – 095
Virginia’s King and Queen County is located at 097 Post Office Box 178, KingQueen Courthouse, Virginia 23085804-785-5976 King George County – 099 10459 Courthouse Dr., Suite 101,King George, VA 22485-3862540-775-4664 King George County – 099 10459 Courthouse Dr., Suite 101,King George, VA 22485-3862 King William County is located at 101 P.O. Box 217 in King William, Virginia 23086804-769-4941
462-7920 Lancaster County Office of the Sheriff 103 8311 Mary Ball Rd., Room 203, Lancaster, VA 2250384-462-7920 Lancaster County Office of the Sheriff The Lee County Courthouse is located at 105 P.O. Box 96, Jonesville, VA 24263276-346-7722. Lexington City – 678 300 E Washington St, Room 103, Lexington, VA 24450540-462-3701 Lexington City – 678 300 E Washington St, Room 103, Lexington, VA 24450 County of Loudoun -107 Returns should be sent to: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498. To Pay Taxes, Send a Check to: P.O.
Box 858, Lynchburg, VA 24505-0858434-455-3870, Lynchburg, VA 24505-0858434-455-3870
462-7920 Lancaster County Office of the Sheriff 103 8311 Mary Ball Rd. Room 203 Lancaster, VA 2250384-462-7920 Lancaster County Office of the Sheriff The Lee County Courthouse is located at 105 P.O. Box 96 in Jonesville, Virginia 2426276-346-7722. Room 103, Lexington City, 678 300 E Washington St, Lexington, VA 24450540-462-3701 Lexington City – 678 300 E Washington St, Lexington, VA 24450540-462-3701 Local government -107 in Loudoun County If you need a refund, write to PO Box 1498 in Richmond, VA 23218-1498.
Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760, Phone: 703-777-0260.
11512 Courthouse Road, Suite 101, Lunenburg, VA 23952434-696-2516 Lunenburg County 111 11512 Courthouse Road, Suite 101, Lunenburg, VA 2395 455-3870, Lynchburg, Virginia 24505-0858434-455-3870, Lynchburg City, Virginia 24505-0858434-455-3870, Lynchburg, Virginia
Nelson County – 125 P.O. Box 246, Lovingston, VA 22949434-263-7070 Nelson County – 125 P.O. Box 246, Lovingston, VA 2294 The refund address for New Kent County – 127 is: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498. Address for Payment of Taxes: P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760804-966-9610 Newport News City – 700 2400 Washington Ave., Newport News, VA 23607757-926-8653 Newport News City – 700 2400 Washington Ave., Newport News, VA 2360 City of Norfolk – 710 P.O. Box 2260, Norfolk, VA 23501757-664-7885 Virginia’s Northampton County is located at 131 P.O.
County of Northumberland, Heathsville, Virginia 22473804-580-4600, P.O.
Box 347 Norton, Virginia 24273276-679-0031 The Nottoway County Courthouse is located at 135 P.O.
Orange County – 137 P.O. Box 389, Orange, VA 22960540-672-4441 Orange County –
The Page County Courthouse is located at 139 S. Court St., Suite C, Luray, VA 22835. The phone number is 540-743-4909. To get your refund, mail it to Patrick County 141 Refund at PO Box 1498 in Richmond, VA 23218-1498. Address for payment of taxes: Postal Service PO Box 760 in Richmond, VA 23218-0760276-694-7131 Petersburg City – 730 N. Union St., Petersburg, VA 23803804-733-2317 Petersburg City – 730 135 N. Union St., Petersburg, VA 23803804-733-2317 Virginia’s Pittsylvania County is located at 143 P.O.
757-868-3020 Poquoson City Municipal Building, 735 500 City Hall Ave., Poquoson, VA 2366 Seven hundred and forty one Crawford St., Portsmouth, VA 23704757-393-8773 County of Powhatan 145 3834 Old Buckingham Rd.
Box 446 in Farmville, Virginia 23901434-392-3231.
Returns should be sent to: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498. Taxes are due at the following address: P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760703-792-6710 In the county of Pulaski, at 155 52 West Main Street, Suite 200, Pulaski, Virginia 24301, call (540) 980-7750.
Room 161, 619 Second St., Radford, VA 24141540-731-3613 Radford City 750 619 Second St., Radford, VA 24141 Rappahannock County – 157 P.O. Box 115, Washington, VA 22747-0115540-675-5370 Rappahannock County is located in the state of Virginia. Return to P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498 for a refund of 760 dollars. Taxes are due at: P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760804-646-6474 (fax: P.O. Box 760). Local government in Richmond County is located at 159 P.O. Box 366, Warsaw, VA 22572804-333-3722.
- Box 718, Roanoke, Virginia 24004, call 540-853-6543 for further information.
- Box 21709 in Roanoke, Virginia 240185 (407) 772-2049 Rockbridge County – 163 P.O.
- Gay St., Harrisonburg, VA 22802540-564-3000 Rockingham County – 165 20 E.
- Box 517, Lebanon, Virginia 2426276-889-8018.
Salem City is located at 775 P.O. Box 869 in Salem, Virginia 24153-0869 and may be reached at 540-375-3019. Scott County is located at 169 190 Beech St., Suite 104, Gate City, VA 24251 and can be reached at (804) 386-7692. Shenandoah County – 171 Refund: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498 Shenandoah County – 171 Refund: P.O. Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498 Richmond, VA 23218-0760540-459-6170 P.O. Box 760, Richmond, VA 23218-0760540-459-6170 276-782-4040 Smyth County Courthouse, 173 P.O.
- Box 1498, Richmond, VA 23218-1498, Southampton County Tax Due: P.O.
- Box 175, Spotsylvania, VA 22553 and may be reached at 540-507-7054.
- Box 98 in Stafford, Virginia 22555-0098 and may be reached at 540-658-4132.
- Box 4, Staunton, Virginia 24402-0004540-332-3829.
- Box 1459, Suffolk, VA 23439-1459757-514-4260 The Surry County Courthouse is located at 181 P.O.
- Box 1398, Sussex VA 23884434-246-1022.
Tazewell County – 185 101 E. Main St., Tazewell, VA 24651-1071276-385-1235 Tazewell, VA 24651-1071276-385-1235
2401 Courthouse Dr., Bld. 1, Rm. 121Virginia Beach, VA 23456-9002757-385-4483Virginia Beach City – 810 2401 Courthouse Dr., Bld. 1, Rm. 121
For more information contact Warren County at 540-635-2651 or 187 P.O. Box 1775, Front Royal, VA 22630 Washington County – 191 One Government Center Place, Ste. C, Abingdon, VA 24210276-676-6270 Washington County is located in the state of Virginia. Waynesboro City – 820 503 W Main St., Room 107, Waynesboro, VA 22980540-942-6610 Waynesboro City – 820 503 W Main St., Room 107, Waynesboro, VA 2298 Westmoreland County – 193 Post Office Box 68, Montross, VA 22520804-493-9052 Westmoreland County The City of Williamsburg is located at 830 Postal Service Box 245, Williamsburg, VA 23187757-220-6150.
40-667-1815 Winchester City 840 P.O. Box 546 Winchester, VA 22604540-667-1815 Winchester City Virginia’s Wise County is located at 195 P.O. Box 1278 in Wise, Virginia 24293276-328-3557. 276-23-6015 Wythe County 197 225 S. 4th St. Ste. 101 Wytheville, VA 24382276-223-6015 Wythe County
757-890-3381 York County 199 P.O. Box 90, Yorktown, VA 23690-0090757-890-3381 York County
How to Mail Your Taxes to the IRS
Virginia’s York County is located at 199 P.O. Box 90 in Yorktown, Virginia 23690-0090 or by calling 757-890-3381.
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) maintains a plethora of mailing addresses for paper returns. They vary depending on your state of residency and whether or not you’re additionally including money with your letter
- If you’re sending your return by snail mail, make sure to send it certified mail with return receipt requested. In addition, it will serve as verification that it was received. FedEx, UPS, and DHL Express are among the delivery companies that the IRS accepts. However, you must make use of a kind of service that has been approved. In certain cases, hand-delivering your return is an option, depending on where you reside. However, the IRS Taxpayer Assistance Service offices will continue to enforce COVID requirements until the beginning of 2022.
Where to Mail Your Personal Tax Return
Because its processing sites are spread all throughout the country, the Internal Revenue Service has more addresses than you may expect. The address you’ll use is determined by the kind of the mail you’re sending and where you reside. If you’re mailing a personal tax return, an amended return, or a request for an extension of time to file, go to theWhere to Filepage on the IRS website for further information. Every state is represented on this page through links. Please keep in mind that if you’re sending a payment with your return, the postal address will likely be different.
Returns that do not include payments are forwarded to the Department of the Treasury.
Note that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) utilizes ZIP codes to assist categorize incoming mail.
If a California 2021 Form 1040 is submitted with a payment in calendar year 2022, the correct address (with the four-digit zip code extension) is: Internal Revenue Service P.O.
Use a Secure Method to Mail Your Return
When mailing returns and other documents to the Internal Revenue Service, always utilize a secure means, such as certified mail with return receipt requested (certified mail return receipt requested). This will give you with assurance that the IRS has received your papers or payment in its whole. In addition to ensuring that the envelope is properly addressed and that adequate postage is used, be certain that the envelope is postmarked no later than the date on which your return is due. If you use registered mail, the date of registration is the same as the date of the postmark.
If you want to utilize a private carrier permitted by the IRS, be sure the return is sent no later than the due date.
Other Tax Forms
If you’re submitting something other than a personal tax return, the IRS address may be different from the one shown above. Individual addresses are assigned to estimated payments, Form 1040-ES tax returns, amended returns, and IRS Form 4868 for tax extension requests, to name a few. These additional forms may be found on the IRS website’sWhere to Filepage, which also has links to these other forms.
Mailing a Business Tax Return
In addition, the IRS website provides the correct mailing address for a variety of business tax forms, which includes:
How to Mail Tax Returns If You Live Outside the U.S.
If you’re mailing from within the United States, you can use the United States Postal Service to transmit your tax return or payment.
However, if you want confirmation that your tax return was sent on schedule, you may consider hiring a private delivery service instead of the IRS.
Approved Delivery Services
You can utilize private delivery services such as FedEx, UPS, or DHL Express to send your package. You must, however, utilize one of the allowed classes of service for each carrier, which are as follows:
- UPS: Use Next Day Air, Next Day Air Saver, 2nd Day Air, 2nd Day Air A.M., Worldwide Express Plus, Worldwide Express, or Next Day Air Early AM
- DHL Express: Use DHL Express Worldwide, DHL Express Envelope, DHL Import express Worldwide or Import express Worldwide
- FedEx: Use Priority Overnight Standard Overnight, 2 Day, International Priority, International First, International First Next Flight Out, or International Economy
- USPS: Use Priority Overnight Standard Overnight
International taxpayers frequently ship their returns to Austin, Texas, or to Charlotte, North Carolina, if they’re making a payment by check or money order. However, the address to which you mail your return may be different. On the IRS website, look for the proper mailing address. The IRS will accept the “sent on” date on envelopes delivered through an authorized carrier in the same way as it accepts the date on envelopes sent through the United States mail. If you’re shipping more than one tax return to the same address, you might want to consider putting each return in its own envelope and then combining all of the envelopes into a single bigger envelope.
Hand Delivering Your Return
Under normal circumstances, you can hand deliver your return to a local IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center if you can identify one that is close to where you reside. When you submit your tax return, you can get a stamped receipt from the IRS agent. In the beginning of January 2022, walk-ins will no longer be permitted; however, you can phone ahead and schedule an appointment. Using COVID-19 masks is essential if you are in a location where the transmission rate is high or “substantial,” as defined by the World Health Organization.
The Internal Revenue Service website offers a search function that is based on your zip code, as well as information on locations, addresses, and phone numbers in each state.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The Internal Revenue Service typically takes six to eight weeks to complete paper tax returns sent in the mail, but the IRS cautions that this may take longer in 2022 as a result of the epidemic. If your return is postmarked by the due date, it will be deemed to be received on time. However, it is possible that you will have to wait many months before receiving your refund.
How do I file state taxes by mail?
Each state has its unique mechanism for submitting tax returns. Determine where you should send your taxes by contacting your state’s Department of Revenue or other tax office.
What do I need to file taxes by mail?
If you submit your tax return by mail, make sure to include all of the relevant tax paperwork for the IRS, such as your Form 1040 or 1040-SR, any schedules, and any other supplementary papers that may be required for your individual return. If you owe any taxes, you should send a check with your package, or you may utilize IRS Direct Pay to make a payment online from your bank account or savings account.
Mailing addresses for Massachusetts tax forms
If you submit your tax return by mail, make sure to include all of the essential tax paperwork for the IRS, such as your Form 1040 or 1040-SR, any schedules, and any other supplementary papers that may be required for your specific return.
If you owe any taxes, you should send a check with your package, or you may utilize IRS Direct Pay to make a payment online from your bank account.
- Payment: Mass. DOR, PO Box 7003, Boston, MA 02204
- Refund: Mass. DOR, PO Box 7000, Boston, MA 02204
- Form 1-ES: Massachusetts Department of Revenue, PO Box 419540, Boston, MA 02241-9540
- Form 2: Massachusetts Department of Revenue, PO Box 7018, Boston, MA 02204
- Form 2G: Massachusetts Department of Revenue, PO Box 7017, Boston, MA 02204
- Form 3: Massachusetts Department of Revenue, PO Box 7017, Boston, MA 02204
- Form M-4868: Massachusetts Department of Revenue, PO Box 7062, Boston, MA 02204
- Form 355: Massachusetts Department of Revenue,
Filing a Paper Income Tax Return
Field block:node:page:title field block:node:page:body It is necessary to complete the federal Form 1040 before beginning your Minnesota return (Form M1, Individual Income Tax) in order to establish your federal taxable income. Paper returns are processed by the use of scanning technology. Make sure to follow these steps to guarantee that we can handle your refund swiftly and accurately:
- Make use of your full legal name rather than a nickname
- Make sure to use complete dollar amounts. Your quantities should be rounded to the closest full dollar
- Remove any boxes that do not apply to you or leave the amount blank if the amount is zero. Make sure to leave space on your return for any additional numbers, symbols, or remarks, such as decimal points or dollar signs. Except if told otherwise, separate any explanations from the rest of the paperwork. A copy of your federal tax return and schedules should be placed underneath your Minnesota forms. Please do not include your federal Forms W-2 or 1099 in your package. Sign and date the bottom of your return. If you are married and submitting a joint tax return, your partner must also sign the form. On your return, do not use staples or tape to secure it. You might use a paper clip instead.
Do not use a nickname; instead, use your legal name. Don’t round up or down to the nearest dollar. To the closest full dollar, round your amounts. Remove any boxes that do not apply to you or leave the amount blank if the total is zero. Extra numbers, symbols, or notes such as decimal points or dollar signs should not be included on your tax return. Please include any explanations on a separate sheet unless you have been directed to write them on your return. Ensure that you have a duplicate of your federal tax return and schedules with your Minnesota paperwork.
Your return must be signed and dated.
On your return, avoid using staples or tape.
The Taxpayer Service Center, which serves the majority of Connecticut taxpayers, allows them to file electronically (TSC). The TSC is a free, quick, simple, and secure alternative to traditional postal mail. In order to file paper returns, the following postal addresses must be utilized. Paper returns may be obtained from DRS and are included in the Connecticut income tax booklets. NOTE: If you are using a form that was created by a software program, the form may have a different postal address than the one listed on the form.
You will be helping to accelerate the processing of your return by doing so.
(For example, CT-1040 for the year 2018)
|If you are filing Form.||and you are not making a payment:||And you are making a payment:|
|CT-1040EXT||Department of Revenue ServicesState of ConnecticutPO BOX2976 Hartford CT06104-2976||Department of Revenue Services State of ConnecticutPO BOX2977Hartford CT06104-2977|
|CT-1040||Department of Revenue ServicesState of ConnecticutPO BOX2976Hartford CT06104-2976||Department of Revenue ServicesState of ConnecticutPO BOX2977 Hartford CT 06104-2977|
|CT-1040NR/PY||Department of Revenue ServicesPO Box2976 Hartford CT 06104-2976||Department of Revenue ServicesPO BOX2977 Hartford CT06104-2977|
|CT-1040ES||N/A||Department of Revenue ServicesPO Box2932 Hartford CT 06104-2932|
|CT-1040X||Department of Revenue ServicesPO Box2935Hartford, CT 06104-2978||Department of Revenue Services PO Box2935Hartford, CT 06104-2978|
State of Oregon: Oregon Department of Revenue
| How are you filing?|| Address|
| Paper filing||PO Box 14555 Salem OR 97309-0940|
| Electronic filing|| PO Box 14950 Salem OR 97309-0950|
| 2-D barcode filing|| PO Box 14720 Salem OR 97309-0463|
Refund or zero balance personal income tax:
| How are you filing?|| Address|
| Paper filing|| PO Box 14700 Salem OR 97309-0930|
| 2-D barcode filing|| PO Box 14710 Salem OR 97309-0460|
Other personal income tax addresses:
|Applications for Automatic Extension|| PO Box 14950 Salem OR 97309-0950|
| Doubtful liability relief||PO Box 14600 Salem OR 97309-5049|
| Estimated tax payment||PO Box 14950 Salem OR 97309-0950|